Absolute scum

countryman

Poor lad who does a lot of work for me has had all his work tools stolen, I know he’s been struggling as well in life, nothing was insured, we will help him out but what sort of people take a man’s tools that he earns his living with. 

1 minute ago, countryman said:

Poor lad who does a lot of work for me has had all his work tools stolen, I know he’s been struggling as well in life, nothing was insured, we will help him out but what sort of people take a man’s tools that he earns his living with. 

Absolute scum as you have stated.

Where were they stolen from?

He badly needs better security and insurance.

28 minutes ago, countryman said:

What trade was he?

Building, landscaping, all his laser levels, sthil disk cutter, chainsaw, lots of battery powered hand tools, about 5 grands worth. Police have been after this gang for a while I think, he was told they are on a 2 month turnaround to come back, give you time to replace your tools and hit again, one car they used has been found dumped and been spotted in a silver estate car, Hampshire area. They seem to be active around 10 till midnight. 

6 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Just a word of warning, if tools etc are stolen from a vehicle and the Police take the vehicle away for forensics/fingerprinting etc, you will be charged £20/day while they have your motor - parking charges.

Really, what a country 

1 minute ago, countryman said:

Really, what a country 

Tell me about it, my Daughters car was broken into and the Police took it away for forensics (they didn't find the car - my daughter has a tracker fitted and she told them the car was parked less than a quarter of a mile  - even told them the street) anyhow they told her the car had been removed for forensic. Couple of days later she rang to see how long they would have her car and was told that it was 10th inline for forensics. She got the car back 10 days later and had to pay £200 in parking charges and £300 for a hire car in the meantime.

tool theft if prolific atm. mainly because the success rate of catching someone is tiny and even if caught the sentence is a fine if caught in the act or its handling stolen goods and good luck getting a conviction from someone who pleads ignorance. So its just not worth police time and they basically tell you that. videos all over the internet of stalls down south in markets selling blatant stolen tools.  happened to a mate of mine, 3 days later the police came for a statement gave him a crime ref number and said "have you checked facebook marketplace"

2 hours ago, countryman said:

Building, landscaping, all his laser levels, sthil disk cutter, chainsaw, lots of battery powered hand tools, about 5 grands worth. Police have been after this gang for a while I think, he was told they are on a 2 month turnaround to come back, give you time to replace your tools and hit again, one car they used has been found dumped and been spotted in a silver estate car, Hampshire area. They seem to be active around 10 till midnight. 

Hello, I wonder if it has anything to do with other reports of a silver estate and hare coursers, they travel to many counties in the day and look about for night time work 

I had my van done about 3 years ago 2 grands worth of tools gone at 3 in the morning whilst parked on my drive 12 foot away from the front door , The old dog usually was very alert but didn't alert or make a sound , They used a fault on the Ducato rear door lock design to get in using a small electrical screwdriver to actuate the lock .

Now I have a gravel drive instead of slabs and deadlock hook locks on every door and our new dog a doberman black lab cross hear's anything treading on the gravel drive and boy it makes you jump when she barks in the early hour's.

My mate had his done a couple  of weeks  ago three of them got them on cctv with hoodie  and wearing mask even got same three on cctv in next village breaking into another  van but no luck getting  tools back he had to get a special  lock fitted 

One of the absolute lowest things you can do, we work hard and need all the tools we build up to do our jobs…..I’ve never been broken into touch wood, but would never be surprised if I was.
Seems to happen in every area with no prejudice, and I’ve never heard of any getting caught and handing back the tools! 
Insurance is very expensive and there’s a lot of loopholes to prevent paying out etc. 
I very much feel for the lad, must be soul destroying as well as knowing there’s a high risk it will happen again in the short term. 

When I was working  our workshop was on the centre of the estate along with the farm workshop , one night both of our workshops got broken into , out of our's they took all our power tools including two different size Kango's we had , drills , electric saws and even our generator , out of the fitters they took all his tools and the various air tools that remove the wheel nuts , as we used most of the tools every day we had to replace them all more or less straightaway , yes you have guessed right , nearly three weeks later they struck again and pushed all the security lights upwards so they didn't set any alarms off and the farm foreman who lived less than a 100 yards away never heard a thing , we then had to alarm everything both inside and the outside of the workshops as instructed by the insurance company , as far as I know they haven't had any more problems .  

P S   We also had a small barn that had a pantile roof , again at night they stripped the whole roof off including the lead valleys , the amount of tiles would have been a fair size lorry load , we got in touch with the local policeman and the first thing he said was , have the tiles got any identification marks on , as they were ole tiles they had no marks at all , they said even if we knew who took them we couldn't prove they were your tiles and they never bothered with trying to find them .   MM

Why is it that dogs who normally go absolutely mad when someone visits do not make a sound when these scroates are thieving. The amount of times that this seems to happen.  There was bloke up the Road who owned two alsatitian dogs who always tried to smash the garden panel fence down when anyone was about... except for the night that the ****** broke into the neighbours garden shed the other side of the fence and stole her new Hayter 56 lawn mower, valued at near 1300 pounds. When plod was round there the bloke had to get the dogs in because they were going absolutely bonkers out there and he feared that they would break through the fence and have someone  but they didn't make any noise at all when the shed lock was being smashed off breaking the shed door and the removal of the mower and movement of tools in the shed and removal of the mower.  The dogs didn't get extra rations that day.

14 minutes ago, Minky said:

Why is it that dogs who normally go absolutely mad when someone visits do not make a sound when these scroates are thieving. The amount of times that this seems to happen.  There was bloke up the Road who owned two alsatitian dogs who always tried to smash the garden panel fence down when anyone was about... except for the night that the ****** broke into the neighbours garden shed the other side of the fence and stole her new Hayter 56 lawn mower, valued at near 1300 pounds. When plod was round there the bloke had to get the dogs in because they were going absolutely bonkers out there and he feared that they would break through the fence and have someone  but they didn't make any noise at all when the shed lock was being smashed off breaking the shed door and the removal of the mower and movement of tools in the shed and removal of the mower.  The dogs didn't get extra rations that day.

Yes I have noticed this as well, maybe they are in there long night sleeping and just can’t be bothered to get up, it is very strange.

Very sorry for your friend.  My garage was broken into (quite some years ago now) and mower, garden appliances etc taken.  Fortunately I was insured.  Insurance loss adjuster actually knew who had carried out the burglary (several of us were burgled the same night).  Regular 'gang' who were 'untouchable'.

Police did attend (after considerable pressure) and a 4 houses were all burgled, but took no interest just telling us to be thankful we were insured!

Its a huge problem and scarcely a week goes by without someone's van/shed/garage/farm buildings being broken into.  It won't change because there is clearly no will to prosecute.  In effect, it's open season for the thieves.

A local with flood lighting and security recently spotted his neighbours garage being burgled at night.  Rang 999 and was told they couldn't send anyone as no one was nearby, and he should remain safely inside.  Complaints were made to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), who apparently replied that the Police had give the correct advice as criminals may get rough if intercepted victims should look after their own safety and if they had no one locally ........ the thieves will be gone by the time they get there.

In effect, the law enforcers are just turning a blind eye.  I accept that there is a shortage of actual police officers - but that is not a great surprise when the PCC has a staff of 67 people in his department.  It's clear where he prioritises his spending.

1 minute ago, sandspider said:

Had to vote for a new PCC here recently. All the options seemed to be a total waste of time and money, but no option to vote to abolish the post, of course.

Exactly how I feel.