Clarkson's Farm - Series 3

JohnfromUK

Hello, i feel sorry for the people who are local to this 🤔, and i shall not be watching, I would not call Clarkson a Farmer far from it, he has ££££SSSS Millions to subsidise his losses not like farmers i know who have lost 1000s of £s this winter 

8 minutes in and tears in my eyes 😢

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i feel sorry for the people who are local to this 🤔, and i shall not be watching, I would not call Clarkson a Farmer far from it, he has ££££SSSS Millions to subsidise his losses not like farmers i know who have lost 1000s of £s this winter 

He has, but he is trying to run the farm properly- even farmers say he has done more in 2 series to highlight the plight of the average farmer than any number of years of Countryfile (you could take an O out of the name of the show to be factually correct!!)

1 hour ago, discobob said:

8 minutes in and tears in my eyes 😢

He has, but he is trying to run the farm properly- even farmers say he has done more in 2 series to highlight the plight of the average farmer than any number of years of Countryfile (you could take an O out of the name of the show to be factually correct!!)

Hello, ok i can understand if he is raising the plight of farmers that is good, but i would still err on the side of local people and much disruption in their lives

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

just because he's earned his money elsewhere other that farming but is still trying to run a farming business AND in the process, highlighting the massive problems that the industry has, somehow you think he's some kind of charlatan or fraud.

GET Real ***🙄

everything he's tried to do to make it a success, whether it be the restaurant,shop,cattle or wheat etc something has put an obstacle in his way.

for obstacle,read "the council","the weather" or "badgers" etc,etc.

AND,has he has so easily demonstrated,it doesn't just affect him BUT every farmer who tries his best to earn a living at this time.

2 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

just because he's earned his money elsewhere other that farming but is still trying to run a farming business AND in the process, highlighting the massive problems that the industry has, somehow you think he's some kind of charlatan or fraud.

GET Real ***🙄

everything he's tried to do to make it a success, whether it be the restaurant,shop,cattle or wheat etc something has put an obstacle in his way.

AND,has he has so easily demonstrated,it doesn't just affect him BUT every farmer who tries his best to earn a living at this time.

Hello, i never said he was a fraud , and i am not a ***, it is all very well that he highlights the plight of farmers but the losses that many many farmers incurred with the wet weather are not realy going to affect him like many farmers i know with losses running in to 1000s of pounds, and maybe you should try living near his farm where once it was a nice place to live now it is a nightmare for local people

The point he makes is, even though he has millions he's proving how difficult it is in the farming industry yo make anything at all. All the farmers I know enjoyed all the previous series. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i never said he was a fraud , and i am not a ***, it is all very well that he highlights the plight of farmers but the losses that many many farmers incurred with the wet weather are not realy going to affect him like many farmers i know with losses running in to 1000s of pounds, and maybe you should try living near his farm where once it was a nice place to live now it is a nightmare for local people

I don't know what you think the 3 asterisks (that i didn't put in btw) were meant to be,but maybe you ought to put your question to the forums swear filter that decides that 3 letters that don't/didn't spell ANY WORD, let alone a swear word,get moderated.

even though there was none,i apologise for any perceived offence.

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

The point he makes is, even though he has millions he's proving how difficult it is in the farming industry yo make anything at all. All the farmers I know enjoyed all the previous series. 

This ^^ 

3 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

GET Real ***🙄

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Both points above ^

Having been to his farm shop recently its presence must drive the neighbours absolutely mad. There are cars coming and going in huge numbers. I've never seen a farm shop before where you have to queue to get in and when you get inside there is hardly anything there.

Most people seem to buy something just to get a souvenir Diddy Sqat carrier bag and hoping to see someone off the TV.

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

There are cars coming and going in huge numbers. I've never seen a farm shop before where you have to queue to get in

Try the Chatsworth farm shop, just  as bad although there is usually stock.

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Having been to his farm shop recently its presence must drive the neighbours absolutely mad. There are cars coming and going in huge numbers. I've never seen a farm shop before where you have to queue to get in and when you get inside there is hardly anything there.

Most people seem to buy something just to get a souvenir Diddy Sqat carrier bag and hoping to see someone off the TV.

Hello, This is what i was saying on my Post, it is all very well having a Farm shop on a Farm estate but when it totally disrupts the local residents way of life i do not think many on PW would not be so keen to have where they live,  There is a farm shop near here which is based in a small village , a narrow road through and sure it has a weight limit yet large container lorries access every day to the detriment of residents, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

22 hours ago, London Best said:

It is the same anywhere a TV series has been filmed. 
One place which springs to mind is Plockton. Totally ruined after the Macbeth TV series.

You get a lot of that down in Cornwall.  Doc Martin, Fishermans Friends, Poldark and now Beyond Paradise, as soon as the camera crews move out the souvenir shops appear.

8 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Invasive so trap and dispatch, illegal to release. That's kind of what Google says

think there lots of hoops to jump through before you can set any traps.

watched the first series and enjoyed it, we haven't got Amazon Prime so will have to wait till it becomes more widely available but looking forward to watching it.

With regard Clarkson disrupting the locals, it happens all over the country with any attraction, even the school run, garden centres etc., can be disrupting for nearby locals.

52 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

You get a lot of that down in Cornwall.  Doc Martin, Fishermans Friends, Poldark and now Beyond Paradise, as soon as the camera crews move out the souvenir shops appear.

True, but Cornwall has been spoilt by tourists since…forever. 
I have been twice, I don’t visit Cornwall for the last forty years because of the tourists (of which I would be one myself, obviously).