Hermes Parcel Service are a Joke!!!

m3vert

On Saturday morning Hermes left a parcel containing my new Go-pro4 camera on our doorstep, my Wife was in the shower at the time of the delivery so if they knocked the door the fact no one answered should have been enough for them to take the parcel away, but oh no left lying on the front door step where anyone could have lifted it! No paperwork through the door, my Wife spotted it through the window!

Today my Wife is at work and I check my emails to see one from Hermes saying "parcel left in porch", we don't have a porch!! As Wife wont be in until 10pm tonight, she called a neighbor who went to check, box lying on the back of my pick-up truck for all to see!!!

So in the space of 2 working days they have left in excess of 400 quids worth of gear lying for anyone to help themselves!! If I were dishonest it would be easy for me to say I never received either parcel!

Is this a common thing for this crowd?? I don't think I will ever use them to send anything if they are this lax.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. I refer to this diseased outfit as MyHerpes for obvious reasons. I've actually found boxes lying on the road here (it's a private road but the Herpes girl uses it as a cut through) in a state of semi-destruction; outer packaging torn, wet through from having been lying in the rain. As I'm a good honest soul I've taken my time in the evening to hand deliver stuff with a note explaining why the parcel looked like it has been to Syria and back.

The parcels we receive via the Herpes girl are one or all of three things; a). contents broken b). item mis-delivered c). packaging damaged (as if it's been opened to look inside). Or the alternative is when she shows up and say's "alright luv, parsul furya" and I look down and say "no it isn't, that's an entirely different address" - "oh yeah" and then she'll speed off in her clapped out van.

Utter bobbins and don't touch with a **** covered stick.

Have you complained to Hermes about the poor experiences?

As with Saddler I have had some really excellent service with Hermes, but it is very much dependent on the person at the end of the chain, likewise with many of the carriers.

Next use Hermes for their parcel delivery service and by and large it is the benchmark service experience by which others measure their own performance in the retail world.

Edited by grrclark

Mixed bag - I've had both excellent and abysmal service.

3-day service normally takes 1 or 2 days.

But, they have left stuff under the (open) porch, in the rain, despite there being clear instructions on the parcel to leave with a neighbour if we are out.

The last one it's still subject to an ongoing complaint, so will post that when it is resolved.

It really depends on the Muppetry (or otherwise) of the local delivery franchisee.

When picking up a parcel the Hermes courier was curt and gave no receipt proving collection (never does she told me?) another time the courier didn't turn up to collect on the arranged day (and the following three days!) Hermes did not reply to any of the three emails I sent enquiring what was going on! After four days I Emailed Hermes to ask for a refund....again no response! In the end I sent the parcel via royal mail and had to go through PayPal to get the money back from Hermes as they failed to fulfil their contract........never even apologised!

Won't be using them again!

I have sent a lot of parcels with them. on the whole, they were ok. I reckon that they lost or damaged maybe 5% of my parcels (not fragile in the slightest, but they still managed to break some).

They are only as good as their (self employed) drivers, who can be very hit and miss. I understand that the drivers are paid per delivery, so do not want to be attempting re deliveries, this is why they are so keen to leave parcels. It doesn't help that they have NEVER left me a card saying where the parcel is, so that you go outside and stumble over a parcel.

Ive had 3 parcels delivered by Hermes and 3 times they were thrown over the side gate. They did put a note through the door saying they had done so.

First time my 3 dogs got the parcel but luckily done no damage.

Second and third time i left the dogs in their compounds, good job i did.

One parcel was a rifle scope but it was well bubble wrapped so i was lucky to have no damage to it.

I have had several parcels delivered by this feckless outfit.

They often peg parcels over the garden fence which then get ripped to pieces by my dogs.

Next used these for a while and after numerous complaints they stopped throwing them over the fence.

So, rather than the fence option, they do things like place the parcel in the recycling bin. Yet, it isn't the recycling bin and alas the parcel adopts a somewhat morose odour.

Or they hide them behind a plant pot. Yet the parcel is four times the size of said plant pot.

Do my head in.

Never had a parcel delivered by MyHermes but one of my customers is next door to their local depot and the car park is usually covered in parcels waiting to be picked up by a succession of clapped out old bangers that clatter into the car park. I worked for APC for a few years and they are generally pretty good but as has been said before, some depots are better than others. Parcel Farce are fairly terrible, once saying they had attempted to deliver a laptop to my work but it was closed - despite the fact that the shutters were wide open, all the lights were on and i was actually standing outside at the time they supposedly tried to deliver. Always had a very good service from DPD.

absolute carp.we after 3 weeks of complaints got compo for them launching our new dining table over the back gate.it landed on top of a garden ornament crushing it and scratching the table after going through the packing.the driver basically called me a liar so i emailed the timed photos to Next who sent said table through herpes and surprise surprise i wasnt lying.then weeks of haggling and a new table .by the bye i work across the road from yodel and i wouldnt send anything through the animals .we,ve seen the security guard running after vans driving off with the doors open and parcels dropping out the back.and when they transfer parcels they thuddd into the back of the vans.no bull just sit outside their depot and listen for yourselves :no:

Thing is we have CCTV installed and have caught their delivery driver leaving the parcel on top of my truck and on the other on the front door step! It would be hard for them to argue. I just don't get their mentality of not walking to the next door neighbor and leaving what could be a very expensive item with them? Surely they must get loads of claims for damaged/stolen items?

From the comments already made it seems I am not alone and there is a trend of them being carp!!

they won't know its valuable at your end, after all if you were sending valuable goods would you use a decent carrier with employed drivers or the cheapest that use housewives with the family car and pay them an absolute pittance for the end delivery..........

ive heard a lot of bad reports about them but so far have only had good dealings wit hthem.

i use several couriers in work and get a lot more delivering, believe me none of them are that good.. we use tnt as their depot is really close to us and we regularly need to take stuff to the depot quite late.. thats the only good thing about them. ups are just as bad had loads of issues with them. city link who have no gone were awfull... we had customers sending to su with them but i would NEVER have used them myself

kiffy, i think you're right, all of the parcel carriers have problems and it is not just limited to one or two.

My experience of Hermes is really positive, I know two delivery agents for Hermes and they are good people who do an honest job and treat parcels and customers with respect. Undoubtably there are some bad guys in amongst that mix, but that is true for every parcel company.

I used to work in the logistics industry so had dealings with most of the couriers at one time or another, by far Yodel have been the poorest experience, but not because of the drivers delivering, just their end to end service is really bad and unreliable. DPD are probably at the top of the tree for me, but they have their faults too.

Citylink used to be good, but when business started getting tough they outsourced a huge amount and penny pinched massively and the service went downhill. In the end it was the outsourced delivery drivers who were hurt the most.