the storm

littlerob

Well, that was the noisiest, brightest night in a long time. Lightening was incredible. No point in trying to sleep so got up, made a cuppa and watched the storm.

We've been praying for some rain for the cover crops but there's ups and downs to that.

Downside, the cover I'm working in this morning, fox-proofing a pen, has a really tall, thick mix of plants in it which will hold the water. I'll get soaked.

Upside, field next door is Barley so, as Littlerob says, that will have been flattened so could be a week of Pigeon shooting.

Going to be tough fitting it in with all the Foxing, Rabbit shooting and Trout fishing but, hey-ho, someone's got to do it. :)

Out looking for a fox last night ( Cumbria ) and saw forked lightning a couple of times. Brilliant to watch against the orange moon, and was woken briefly by one solitary clap of thunder in the early hours but that was it.

We had a big electrical storm last week apparently but I never saw anything of it.

Got the fox. :good:

Threw it down last night in the Sevenoaks area, lots of thunder & lightning.

Fortunately, the edge of the rain stayed about a mile away from where we are performing, but the third act of Lear (the storm on the heath ) had a real storm in the background. Couldn't have arranged it better if we tried :D

Saw ball lightning about 10pm last night up here while I was sitting in a hedgerow waiting for a fox (he didn't turn up), started raining about 15 minutes later, and I got pretty well soaked with the half mile walk back to the car.

Finished touching up a few bits of paint on the pcp last night and charged it back up and at half 2 in the morning was woken by a allmighty bang as one of the o rings gave up and vented 200 bar out into the bedroom after that the thunder seemed pretty lame.

New boxers were needed.

Had a beautiful day here in Warwickshire, grandkids played outside all day. Stayed up late, chilled, and went to bed around one-thirty,

Slowly, all sound ceased, even the sheep in the fields were quiet, then we saw distant flickers of lightning in the distance.

Half an hour later, it struck properly!

Incredible continuous light show, massive bangs, windows shaking and rain of Biblical proportions. A real treat to experience, from the safety of bed!