Huge bag

Michael170874

Phone call from the farmer yesterday thousands of birds dropping into a laid barley field,arrived at 9.30 to see 3 flight lines going straight into the field so fired a shot up i couldn't believe the number of birds lifting up but all they did was swirl around like flies then straight back in plus the flight lines were stretching as far as i could see .i set up the decoys with a flapper no need for a hide as theres plenty of cover in the hedge within 2 hours id bagged 87 by 2.30 it was up at 195 then had to nipp home for more shells i finished at 7.30 pm with over 400 birds and they were still coming its costing me a fortune in shells as today i was back again from 7 am till 12 and shot another 209 birds and there doesnt seem to be any dent in those pigeons and the best is yet to come as all my barley wheat and rape hasnt been harvested yet due to wet weather so by the time mine gets cut all the local farms will have been stripped bare and ploughed in and im guessing from previous yrs its gonna be mad over august sept

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done thats amazing. stats on the that must be about 1 bird every 68 seconds all day. do you think the birds were getting shot at goin back to the sitty wood then coming out again. our birds allways have somewhere else to go. never seen a f/line last that long before.

Unbelievable !

Agree, unbelievable Michael, not the first time you've posted claiming massive bags, but let's have some photographic evidence to back it all up, to satisfy us sceptics.

Phone call from the farmer yesterday thousands of birds dropping into a laid barley field,arrived at 9.30 to see 3 flight lines going straight into the field so fired a shot up i couldn't believe the number of birds lifting up but all they did was swirl around like flies then straight back in plus the flight lines were stretching as far as i could see .i set up the decoys with a flapper no need for a hide as theres plenty of cover in the hedge within 2 hours id bagged 87 by 2.30 it was up at 195 then had to nipp home for more shells i finished at 7.30 pm with over 400 birds and they were still coming its costing me a fortune in shells as today i was back again from 7 am till 12 and shot another 209 birds and there doesnt seem to be any dent in those pigeons and the best is yet to come as all my barley wheat and rape hasnt been harvested yet due to wet weather so by the time mine gets cut all the local farms will have been stripped bare and ploughed in and im guessing from previous yrs its gonna be mad over august sept

If you'd shot them with steel, you'd have around £450 which gets you 2000 shells for next time.

no I don't believe it, one every 68 seconds that's with out pick up time or a cup of tea but includes time to fetch more carts. :no:

the stats could be wrong i am no mathematition i assumed start time 10.30 till 7.30 minus 1/2 hour collect carts, just done a re calc and make 76.5 secs per bird without any misses, as i said before well done it must haved looked like it was snowing.

do you yorkshire lads have the same fly problem up north as we do i cant leave any birds unpicked for more than 1/2 hour without eggs being layed unless its cold and windy

While i have my doubts of this bag the one ever 68second stuff can or could be true. If your in the rite place at the rite time its quite possible to shoot a 100 in a hour as ive done so myself. Yes its rare but is done.

How on earth to you handle that kind of number of shot pigeons? Have you lots of fridge access and a game dealer who will be very happy with you?

Unless your game dealer picked them up already, maybe take a photo of this Hatton Garden haul for the naysayers

Are we really going to have to clean up another thread where someone has posted about their day and they get jumped on?

I'd like to think that when previously people have said that seeing people getting stomped on is why they dont bother posting in this section.

To be clear, this section is for everyone to use. Nobody should be getting a kicking, and nobody should be getting ganged up on. If you're dubious, remember that just because some dont post on here often or dont have people to back them up, it doesnt make it ok to jump in and start calling them liars.

We on the other hand have taken note of members' concerns, although in the hope that things would change we havent acted on them. Yet.

What I suggest is that we mostly all have mobile phones with cameras , just take a picture , then if you can not post it PM a moderator who will give you a mobile number you can send it to and they can post the picture to satisfy the doubters. I will accept the written word but the concept of handling large numbers of pigeon in hot weather into the food chain is a concern.