Girlfriend doesn't want the gun in the house - Advice please?

Mr_G

Just go for it. If it goes wrong for you,then you have a vertical metal gimp box ready to go.

Several years ago on my renewals,my partner was there also. Watch out for this one as mentioned earlier in this thread- the FEO looked across at her and asked if she feels safer with the guns in the place.

I thought "****" that's my lot. She replied- not really because I would'nt know how to use them.

The FEO and I looked at each and grinned. I knew it was a trick question and a very dirty trick to play and he knew that she answered correctly.

Good luck with it and all the best to yourself and the Family.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hope its just her being hormonal and trust that there are no underlying issues that are making her so against it- if not then tell hers shes being an unreasonable b1tch and to get over herself. sorry if that sounds harsh but i wouldn't stand for being dictated to especially when your putting it in the f`ing loft.

Can she be out the house when you get your visit (book her a hair cut?) Cant think my wife has ever been in the house or been asked to be there when ive had a visit.

anyways good luck

hope its just her being hormonal and trust that there are no underlying issues that are making her so against it- if not then tell hers shes being an unreasonable b1tch and to get over herself. sorry if that sounds harsh but i wouldn't stand for being dictated to especially when your putting it in the f`ing loft.

Can she be out the house when you get your visit (book her a hair cut?) Cant think my wife has ever been in the house or been asked to be there when ive had a visit.

anyways good luck

Easy to say ditch the partner but after 8 years and 2 kids anyone on here to do that over a gun is talking ****. How about continuing your application and not fitting a cabinet saying you will be keeping your shotgun at your mates house for now as your wife isn't keen on guns in the house.

1.Put a safe in

2.Make sure she's not in when FEO comes

3.when cert comes put gun in safe

4.After a month ask her if she feels the same way

5.If she says yes tell her the gun has been in the cabinet for a month and she did not notice.

6.point out to her the things you do for her that you don't really like (corro.eastenders. washing up. cunnilingus. ect ) but you do them because you love her.

7.number six can go to number one if you think it might change her mind from the start.

She may just need a bit of education about the sport, gun safety, guns etc. There's a huge difference between a shotgun and an assault rifle but there both "guns". Like people said earlier it's the person using the gun that dictates how safe it is. Hope you can resolve this issue pal.

Atb.

Suggest to her that marriage is often a compromise and that she is being unneccessarily overbearing and controlling.

Suggest that, if you can`t have a gun then you insist on having a live-in 18 year old, blonde Swedish au pair girl.

And if you can`t have that, what can you have?

The choice is hers.

I think the option of "I need the gun cabinet to get the certificate, to use ANY gun, but I don't need to have a gun there, until later when I convince you to come shooting etc" will buy you time, and get the certificate.

Perhaps it's also a case of "He's doing something not about ME AND HIS UNBOARN CHIIIIIILD".

bad dad you! ;-)

This is a real tricky one. I just asked the wife if she objected to me, >> having weapons, ammunition and associated stuff in the house. This is after probably 35 years. She replied that she objected to having ME IN THE HOUSE ALONG WITH THE DOG. And the mess and disruption that we bring. The guns ect can stay but shes not so sure about me and the dog. The cheek of it.

seriously if I were in that situation I would just install the stuff and take no notice. I don't see that it is a problem with the feo. if the stuff is in your name and it is secured and she doesn't have access or knowledge of where the keys are kept then it is no different to a neighbour anyone objecting to you keeping a weapon in the house. I think that it is a bit wrong of her to not go along with you on this one. after all she is happy for you to father her children and to provide for them. does she not trust you. If she wants it her way or no way then you are walking along a tight rope with a time deadline ahead.

PS if you use an rfd it will cost you a lot in storage fees and you will have to collect and deliver it when he is open. not a satisfactory situation.

Edited by fortune

She likes you but does not like you shooting. Trust age and wisdom. You will do one of 3 thing's.

1 stop shooting

2 carry on shooting and she will dump you

3 Get one that wants to be with you the way you are, and not want to change you. Incedently once she's changed you to what she wants you will be different from when you first met and she will dump you.

Time will tell and you will remember advice given.

Lol edit for spelling

This is the man of experience ;) . He's a jammy *** that shoots every night and she doesn't mind ???

With respect, I don't see why the Police interview is anything to do with her, or why she should be present. As you say, the gun will be locked in a cabinet in the loft. And realistically, she shouldn't know where the keys are anyway.

Granted, a little "ott" but, If you owned a large house and rented rooms out, would you consider your tenant's thoughts too!?? I hope you get my point....

You have just as much right as a couple, to say "Yes, I'm having one" as she does have to say "No you're not".

You also have a right, to raise "your" children in a joint manner. And that may include taking he or she shooting, in a manner, you may have been brought up in, or have been accustomed to....

If you were a "shooter" when you met her, did she really think she could just tell you "No" (Like telling a child) when it came to getting your joint home. And I emphasize the word "Joint"! She has no more of a right to say no, than you have to say YES!

Hope all goes well....

Edited by jam1e

I would get to the bottom of her issue if you love her enough. I hate to say this but I think her issue is feeling vulnerable and probably not helped by pregnancy hormones. I think you should do this step by step. Get a cabinet in your dad's house for now. As time goes on you could take the kids with you and she will probably want to come with them. Introduce her to ladies that shoot. She may even eventually want to try. There are ladies clubs as well like the Chelsea Bun Club and Femme Fatales. Good luck but I think the suggestions of bully boy tactics will just add to her anxiety and I think you care more for your family than that.

She doesn't mind coz Sparkie nips in when he is out shooting

Mrs dougy is used to only the best things in life, so she would have no interest in sparkie and his kebab belly. Thinking about it I doubt he could get through my front door. Lol

(Love you sparkie )

TT, yes I am very lucky, in fact we are both very lucky.

Isn't that sweet ;-)

You have two children with her, she is pregnant, and you are pushing for something which she really doesn't want. I would contact your F.E.O. and say that you would like to suspend your application. Due to your growing family you are unable at the present to commit to owning a firearm. Your partner and children should be far more important to you than owning a gun. It's going to be the long game for you with plenty of gentle persuasion and begging, but pick your time. During pregnancy is the wrong time.

Rather than listen to the tripe spouted on here I would talk to your feo. Get your ticket on the go so you haven't got to wait when everything is sorted with your missus for it. If it's no hassle picking up the guns from your dads then have the cabinet there. Problem solved, happy missus, happy shooter and more importantly happy kids.

Simples

Edited by Dannyboy220

A lot of ground has been covered already and ultimately only you and your missus will know what will work for you both.

If you can install a cabinets at your dad's house then that is a good option, if you can also install a cabinet at your house, but explain that it is only for such times as you can't return the gun to your dad's place so will only be used very rarely.

That way she is used to having the cabinet in the house and when you do bring the gun home, after new baby arrives, then she can become gradually accustomed to it and her uncertainty or nerves may diminish.

Worst case is get the cert' without a gun and hire a club gun at the clay ground for a while.

Good luck with the application, the missus and the new baby :)