EU In or out

old'un

I am torn on this matter, the largest economic benefactor of our state, the services industry and especially financial services could be very badly affected and that would hurt everyone in the long run. I don't think the immigration and deporting argument holds water, this appears to be an issue caused by human rights lawyers in the main, notwithstanding the fact that many of the scroungers we have in uk are indigenous.

With the increasingly global nature of big business I worry that being little englanders will go against us and I fear quite how costly, protracted and messy an exit would be. I also trust the opinions of many of in the 'in' advocates from the political and business spectrum.

My head says in, my heart says out... I am not convinced we have adequate information about the issues other than the BNP esque ''foreigners out"..

I honestly don't believe there should be a referendum on this matter, I don't think the average person gas a wide enough understanding to make an informed decision, which is very scary, this could be an example of when democracy doesn't work.

Do you remember "Little England" before we were conned into joining ? We ruled supreme in manufacturing, machine tools, finance Etc etc. I'm not saying the eu killed it off, or it would come back, but "Little England" is more than capable of looking after itself. :good:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike some of the workings and limitations of the EU I do want a close working relationship with the rest of Europe. I'm undecided which way is the lesser of two evils as both have their drawbacks.

IN would mean a ratification of the EU and all it stands for so I worry about any acceleration of political unuion that could result.

OUT would mean almost certain break up of the UK and an unnecessary and costly re-evaluation of our trading and financial position in the world.

I'm currently swaying towards in, but it's too close to call.

Pretty much sums up my feelings towards the in out question

Out...Definitely out

Watched the ITV news tonight , made me mad , our future being decided by third world peasant economies such as Estonia and Lithuania with which concessions they wish to grant us

Also now Bosnia and Herzegovina have applied to join..more mouths to feed and palms to grease with subsidies , grants and benefits from the UK taxpayer

The votes that will sway in or out will be from the young , again on the news tonight all students polled on a university campus will vote to stay in

Do you remember "Little England" before we were conned into joining ? We ruled supreme in manufacturing, machine tools, finance Etc etc. I'm not saying the eu killed it off, or it would come back, but "Little England" is more than capable of looking after itself. :good:

Hi, no to be honest that's before my time, but to think that we can effectively ' turn back time' in respect of how the rest of the world has overtaken us is terrifyingly naive I am afraid.. European membership does enhance our ability to play on a global scale.

With competitive large scale manufacturing a distant memory and a lack of empire to plunder we only have leading finance, our language and our time zone to compete with

I really hope that the vote is to leave,but I have doubts I believe the apathy of the british public will be swayed by the losing millions of jobs brigade.a recent news report put the uk at no5 in the worlds richest economies and as at least three of the five are not in Europe I wonder why they are keen for us to stay.this country is already unrecognisable a vote to stay in will hand over what little we have left to the mob.

Out ,because we have good freinds who saw this bucratic rubbish , that is goverin our laws and our wonderful country ,that was once so good, they sold their busines moved to Canada they said its best thing they have done We went out to visit for three weeks ten years ago they said the woud sponsor us to move out their, but we left to late due to my wife's worsening disability she is not aloud to fly . I feel that when we have nothing left of our industry we will be the dumping ground then the EU will say good by so I say out ,out out now.

The truth is its easier to stay than to go. Leaving would be a massive upheaval and a mountain of work for the politicians and civil servants for years to come. Stay and thay have to do nothing at all, not a stroke.

I wouldn't like to think somebody might sink so low as to massage the vote................

This past week gives a sordid insight into how bad the EU really is, all that talking and nothing being achieved. Thats what its like, bogged down with vested interests blocking every discussione

Hi, no to be honest that's before my time, but to think that we can effectively ' turn back time' in respect of how the rest of the world has overtaken us is terrifyingly naive I am afraid.. European membership does enhance our ability to play on a global scale.

With competitive large scale manufacturing a distant memory and a lack of empire to plunder we only have leading finance, our language and our time zone to compete with

I did make a point of saying it's very unlikely we would ever go back in time, so absolutely not naive. However, "Little England" as you condescendingly put it is far from little in ability to make a name for itself. If we're so little why do we keep sending benefits abroad, why do we pay in much more than we get out ? We're only little in the minds of those who are pessimists or benefit from the eu.

We do not need the eu, they need us, end of !!