litter

Davyo

After retiring from shooting in November 2015 i continued to course fish.Most venues i go to are well managed but mainly well respected by the people who fish.These people respect where they are and take their rubbish home with exeption of Woodlands near Thirsk which is a skip to put it mildly.However course fishing can be a tad expensive(£16/£27)especially during the summer holidays amd my son likes to fish a lot.We decided this year to break it up a bit,we would have a crack at sea fishing.Yesterday evening myself and the boy headed off to Roker Pier for a Macky session.Pier was quiet due to the weather so i spend best part of a hour cleaning up the mess left by other people.Empty bottles,cans (mainly larger) Three bags of rubbish later, i hadnt even put a dint in it.The worst thing about it is,it looks bad on everybody who fishes that pier (majority of the rubbish was fishing related),such a pity as its a beautiful place.Another guy turned up just as i was tying all the bags up and said i should join Seaham anglers Club.Only members are allowed on their pier (gated with members having their own key) £30 ann fee.Why cant people just take their rubbish home & when people do group activities why is there's always a minority that have no respect for areas of free access.

Edited by Davyo

After retiring from shooting in November 2015 i continued to course fish.Most venues i go to are well managed but mainly well respected by the people who fish.These people respect where they are and take their rubbish home with exeption of Woodlands near Thirsk which is a skip to put it mildly.However course fishing can be a tad expensive(£16/£27)especially during the summer holidays amd my son likes to fish a lot.We decided this year to break it up a bit,we would have a crack at sea fishing.Yesterday evening myself and the boy headed off to Roker Pier for a Macky session.Pier was quiet due to the weather so i spend best part of a hour cleaning up the mess left by other people.Empty bottles,cans (mainly larger) Three bags of rubbish later, i hadnt even put a dint in it.The worst thing about it is,it looks bad on everybody who fishes that pier (majority of the rubbish was fishing related),such a pity as its a beautiful place.Another guy turned up just as i was tying all the bags up and said i should join Seaham anglers Club.Only members are allowed on their pier (gated with members having their own key) £30 ann fee.Why cant people just take their rubbish home & when people do group activities why is there's always a minority that have no respect for areas of free access.

I know exactly where you're coming from as Blyth pier is the same. It's a wooden pier and there are burnt areas where people have had fires, empty beer cans everywhere and loads of general fishing mess including loads of discarded line.

Don't get me started! The ****ing generation of today don't give a ****!!! :mad:

Every day on my dog walks I must pick up either a macdonalds bag or drinks cup that has been thrown out a passing car... We must be just the right distance from the center where they have finished there cholesterol filled, heart attack meal and obviously they can't be ***** to take the **** home with them!!!

Once followed a car up my street who just wound down the window and lobbed a full milkshake out the window!!! Bloody animals!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Society is ******** !! :mad:

There was a comparison done some years ago between the litter left at the end of a 3 day pop festival and the litter left at the end of a 3 day Gamefair.......there was no contest! Virtually no litter to clean up after the Gamefair.......tons of litter left after the pop concert!

Says something but I'll leave it for you to decide what!

People just don't care anymore, just look at the litter near a take-away, don't know about fishermen but some shooters need a lesson on cleaning up their spent cartridges after a day on the pigeons.

Agree about the spent cartridges comment......even if advised to leave my empty cartridge cases for shoot employees to pick up later, I always pick my empties up myself after every drive! (Or after every shot if walked up) Just a habit I have!.....It's called respect for our environment!

When I lived in Roker I had to walk to the town to pick the bus up for work. Passing a McD every morning I would have a tut tut about the mess outside. Thought to myself what a bunch of thoughtless muppets. McD has litter bins in front of his cholesterol emporium.

One morning I had to go into work early (don't remember why but hey ho). Got to McDees and guess what...........the 'diners' had been putting their rubbish in the bins............but the freaking seagulls pulled the lids off and had rubbish scattered everywhere.

However the rest of my town could do with litter enforcement (like Glasgow and else where and thereby hangs a tale which shall be forever secret).

Another don't get me started.. Britain becoming a rubbish dump.. Some people really don't give a second thought to chucking stuff on the ground where they are stood or even out of a car window.

After saying that most council rubbish bins are left overflowing and the move to a only one non recycling and one recycling collection ever 2 weeks hasn't helped.. the amount of carbord and plastic

everywhere afeter a windy period is criminal.

Followed a car full of people from abroad,we had just left a car boot.

They treated the outside of the car like a dustbin,it was flying out of every window,plastic cups,sandwich boxs,you name it,,, they pulled up at T junction which usualy hard to get out of,this day they went straight out..My blood was boiling,,I got held up quite a while,They were very lucky.

Wife in the car in a garage while I paid for fuel,,Young lad 20ish sat in another car at the side threw a large pop cup out the passenger window,,wife jumped out and told him he had just dropped something,apparently after a glare at her,he got out and put it in the bin..

The garbage can was next to his car,wonder what their houses are like..

Few weekends back myself and a mate did a night fish in devon, as we arrived there was a group of three leaving.. When day break came we found bags of open bait and newspaper full of worms on the beach. Along with tangled line and rigs with hooks and weights still attached.. We salvaged the rigs and weights and then filled a bag full of their waste... This was on a beach that families would happily use during the summer, so a child could of been seriously injured on barbed hooks, birds at risk of snaring themselves etc. Really winds me up, have had in shoots. Turn up on shoot day in game season to find last weeks shooter has left cartridges on peg, and then every peg o went to I found more

I feel guilty if I can't find every empty cartridge I have fired at the end of a drive. Same as Panoma1 I pick mine up even if told to leave them.

We had a gun on our syndicate last year who never picked up his. I took to collecting them and then giving them to him on the gun bus. He has now left.

The residents in our council district pay an extra £5 per household per month council tax to pay for the clear up operation carried out at the end of each Fair week when the travelling ( static ) community have left, but that doesn't include the polystyrene containers that their fish and chips come in which are often thrown in the river, along with bottles and cans.

This doesn't include the human excrement 💩piled in the hedgerow bottoms and lanes, nor the doorways and drives of private houses and shops, nor the corners of car parks.

Still, as long as they're happy. 😀

I saw some chavs outside McDonald's open the door of their pick up and just dump all the wrappers etc on the floor. They then decanted and waddled into a nearby shop. I took great pleasure in throwing the opened ketchup and half empty drinks into the back of the pristine truck. In this weather no doubt it set like stone.

something that ive noticed from one of my previous jobs of picking crud up for the council is , at this time of the month (pay day ish) , its pizza boxes and mcdonalds wrappers , in two weeks time(when folks are getting skint) , its chip wrappers . who said my time with the council has been wasted. :lol:

Get a Dash Cam in your car!

A couple of times a car in front has dumped rubbish out the window. I pull up beside them and tell them i have them on camera and that when i come back this way in 10mins if the rubbish is still there, i will give the footage to the police and council and they could face a £1000 fine! They quickly turn around and go back and pick it up!

It's just the same round here. Townies come out for the day and bring their plastic picnics with them and just leave it all waiting for that "unknown worker" who drives around in the early hours of the morning picking up their rubbish.

At each end of the Ladybower Dam wall is a concrete filled steel tube approx 18" in diameter and every weekend there is rubbish piled up around them by idiots thinking it's a full rubbish bin. They even stuck a notice onto it saying "This is a surveyors post, not a rubbish bin. Please take your litter home with you". They still left it there but pulled off the notice too so it was written onto the post with a black marker pen and they still leave litter round it.

People who litter disgust and annoy me..

Especially smokers who throw lighted cigarettes out of a car.

I'm afraid litterers and fly tippers are generally the lower end of the evolutionary and intelligence chain so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised by their actions.

Yep and there's more to come with councils now charging to dispose of certain products at amenity tips.

Our Hampshire roadsides have been a dumping ground now that the councils have cut back on their monthly pickups.

A couple of nights ago, at dusk, I passed a tinker flatbed in a remote area. It was loaded with junk...I bet it was emptied somewhere soon after.