£151 Million - what would you do??

djrwood

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not easy to do. If you spend it large you get noticed. And if you don't spend it what's the point? Many people adapt to money. Some don't. I'd like to find out which type I am. I think I'd be OK.

Agreed, and with your previous posts, I'd also be ok I reckon.

Big wins, there's some psychology to it, why be a martyr?

I understand the stoicism of not wanting it change who you are, and that what you've built without the fortunes, but why you'd never enhance your life experience with things you'd never dream of doing is beyond me.

But then I guess people who are truely happy with what they have wouldn't buy a lottery ticket.

I'd be very philanthropic, I am now, albeit within my means, to do more would be great.

25 mill to selected charities then off to NZ permanently to shoot NZ and AUS,

Then set up an all paid shuttle so that guys from here who have helped me can join in the experience down under whenever they wish FOC.

I could never be tempted to return due to the immense apathy that is apparent at all levels here.

I need big open skies, fresh air and different attitudes from the policos.

id invest it in high class drugs and low class women :yes: .

you could do a lot of good work with that amount of money , id certainly have a good time while i decided what to do with it all though.

just imagine how good it would make you feel to pay for a life saving operation for someones child , that would beat the pants off a new car.

^^^ this.

I would go down the buying a huge sporting estate route.

A Ford GT40 would be top of the car list.

I would give £32k a year to Support Dogs (https://supportdogs.org.uk/

who train dogs that transform a child's life and their whole family.

Remember, if you are going to dream - dream big.

Edited by fern01

I'd have houses(nothing fancy) with 2/3 acres in Cornwall, Scotland and France, nothing would change on the motor front and i would shoot, fish, camp, walk and paddle a lot more, would get a small boat and lots of people would be helped out! Would still do a little bit of work just because i like building and i would do a bit of forestry and charcoal making and brewing beer and making cider. If only

Edited by Ollieollie

Spoil all my family but doubt they would if I'm honest.

I wouldn't give any money away but help pay some debts off for a few mates.

I'd book a few shooting holidays for me and my close mates .

Defenders

Vw t6's with a 600bhp special built for me.

I'd love to get into van racing :)

Tour the world on a new BMW gs1200 :)

Oh and the biggest most important purchase is my own private shooting estate

Agreed, and with your previous posts, I'd also be ok I reckon.

Big wins, there's some psychology to it, why be a martyr?

I understand the stoicism of not wanting it change who you are, and that what you've built without the fortunes, but why you'd never enhance your life experience with things you'd never dream of doing is beyond me.

But then I guess people who are truely happy with what they have wouldn't buy a lottery ticket.

I'd be very philanthropic, I am now, albeit within my means, to do more would be great.

You are mate. I remember you asked me to donate the money to Macmillan Cancer care rather than pay you for a bit of shooting kit.

Would a EuroMillions win change my life? You bet your butt it would! My life is pretty good already, but there's always numerous ways it could be improved. And the lives of many many others into the bargain.

Spoil all my family but doubt they would if I'm honest.

I wouldn't give any money away but help pay some debts off for a few mates.

I'd book a few shooting holidays for me and my close mates .

Defenders

Vw t6's with a 600bhp special built for me.

I'd love to get into van racing :)

Tour the world on a new BMW gs1200 :)

Oh and the biggest most important purchase is my own private shooting estate

You'd give no money away?

Why?

After I'd sorted a house and got settled and done some holidaying with the wife and such I'd take my dad around the world. It's the one thing he's always wanted to do is to travel but being a farmer and always busy he's never been able or could afford to. Then I'd give my parents enough each to retire comfortably if they wanted to, the same with by brother and sister. I'd definitely stop work and just enjoy life as I believe it truly is too short!

I reckon you'll certainly find people coming out the woodwork to get something for nothing, so I'd try and keep quiet about it but the way news gets around it won't be kept quiet for long!

seriously..............the first thing that came into my mind....is i would be able to afford to run my heating...and i would order up 2 extra bags of coal / fortnight........and after that i ran out of ideas.....proberly give a lot away....secretly...to places that are saving up for repairs on village halls...and support groups and other causes in the local communities...my pleasure would be knowing peoples lives are better and more fun...and when i drove past the projects i have donated to and no body would know where it came from..it would make me smile

Ditchy, that's a great idea.

Do a tour of Little Britain and pop the occasional grand or two in the collection plate. :)

LS

Tonights euro million draw is for £151 million pounds. I begrudge paying £2.50 a ticket but have had a £20 punt, as you've got to be in it to win it!!

Sitting at work now imagining what I would do with all of that cash. I think a back would be packed and I would be away with my family travelling the world for as long as we care for.

So what would you do? Save the I'd buy X guns stories etc. I want to hear about strippers, drugs and all the naughty things I wouldn't be able to do with a wife and two kids in tow! ha

I would go on the best shooting forum and ask the lads what they wished for and then surprise them.

Am I close have you already won a large sum of cash old mate :whistling:

I would definitely help all those close to me, all the charity donations the accountant recommends :hmm: invest large amount then play time with what's left. Would treat those people you occasionally meet that are just a ray of light to a car like I am elvis or something :lol:

Actually and being totally serious, big wins have completely ruined people's lives. Your friends stop being your friends, your family treat you differently and everything goes up in the air and comes down differently. You end up disorientated and confused.

** When the lottery began a person won big and decided to have a big do and invite all of the relatives for a big bash. they laid on transport, accommodation and everything. It all ended up in a big bash alright with a major fallout and a punch up with the plod being called to sort it out. Greed and envy really came to the fore with insults traded.**

So if I won it I would tell nobody, not even the kids

reading this there seems quite a few that are obtainable without a big cash win, except of course jd's impossible dream, personally some extra money would be great but that amount would probably have many negative effects on you and your family,

I would be concerned that, that amount of money might put my family at risk from nutters and criminals. Who wants to live in a fortress? I know a man who has been very successful but he is anonymous and that's the way he likes it. I'd like to be comfortable and to spread a bit to all sorts of things that would make a difference to those clubs and societies and the like. I would just like to have a nice house with a bit of Land that I could shoot on and set up a clay shoot where I could shoot when I wanted without neighbours moaning. I'd travel a lot just as an ordinary person would. 150 million would generate more than you could spend. Time and enjoyment are more important than possessions.