Joho witness

Davyo

I know several of them , while I dont agree with a lot of their beliefs, theyre all very nice , decent , honest , folks . Ill happily pass the time of day with them on the doorstep .I can honestly say that none of them have ever been over pushy with me.

Its the pushy salesmen and professional scroungers from rspca that I dont like having at my door.

I like to have a laugh with them when I have the time. Being an Atheist I listen intently while they twitter on about the certain existence of God and his almighty powers before I ask if he ever has a day off, I then explain that I have been wondering where he was all the time that the Jews were being led into the Gas Chambers or while James Bulger was being led down the Railway tracks. While they stutter and stammer between themselves to find an answer I simply tell them to **** off and peddle their poo elsewhere.

I know several of them , while I dont agree with a lot of their beliefs, theyre all very nice , decent , honest , folks . Ill happily pass the time of day with them on the doorstep .I can honestly say that none of them have ever been over pushy with me.

Its the pushy salesmen and professional scroungers from rspca that I dont like having at my door.

I had a few used to call by too! I don't mind the banter! And if it was this time of year, often invited them in for a cuppa! They were very respectful, and just asked if they could leave a little literature for me to browse through! I don't mind them at all. Much rather have the JW at the door than many other salesmen, market researchers, charity groups begging for donations etc!

Had two them call on a christmas day afternoon when my kids were young, an elderly lady and a middle aged lady even though we were supposed to be on their not to call list , none too pleased about them calling and part way through their spiel I said its christmas day and I am not a believer , with that the old girl went off on one and I thought she was gonna pop off there and then.

The other woman tried to calm her down as she said "you will burn in the fires of hell" I said if that is so I will send you a card of apology.

Never got another visit for some reason :)

+1

I had a couple round some time ago, One of which was quite fit, and very attractive and she also filled her blouse quite well too. :yes::):):) I would have invited her in for a chat and a piece of cake. Not the other though she was an old biddy.

Many a fine tune as been played on an old fiddle :yes:

my next door neighbour and family were all Jehovah's he was quite high up in lodge never bothered me personally but his posse would knock now and again id just politely chase them ,i used to offer him game /rabbits ect but he said theyd needed to be bled as per there beliefs,then one day as i was carrying rabbits in he asked if he could have couple told him not bled thats fine was his reply after that he had pheasants ,partridge ect ...seems like sometimes they apply there beliefs sometimes they dont

Edited by remmy1100

Not all of them are nice but the majority are.

We once had a young man who was our window cleaner and a Happy clappy,did a great job at a good price shame he gave his round up.

Had a completely barking auld bint wish me good morning once when planing some wood off the hardwood front door, thought she was pleasant to start with untill she didnt move on and kept talking to me,my wife found it highly amusing as i couldn't exactly close the door and leave her.

When she started on religion i told her i had my religion and to to leave it as i wasn't bothered about joining another. After forty minutes or so id had enough and asked her to kindly wee wee off ansd leave me alone at this she really went to town to the point her tea cosy nearly fell off her head. I closed the door after rehanging it and having a cuppa she was still there when i opened it again to finish off. Eventually she left so i carried on about an hour or so later she walked back up the road and started shouting abuse from across the road my wife nearly wet herself and said im a magnet for nutters :oops:

How far would they go for their beleifs,they would rather let their child die rater than receive a blood transfusion.They donate a percentae of their income to the cause.If they got told to jump off a cliff,would they? Or worse'harm others'if told to.

not strictly true

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/work-financed/

We had a jw work for us. We are still friends as he's a really nice bloke.

We used to talk about it but I would always ask the questions. I asked about gays and the after life etc and he never had a bad thing to say really.

The strange think about be a jw is that they don't believe in heaven or hell. When they die they die but they won't except blood ???

It's not like they are going to hell .

I had a jw knock on my door recently and I said " if theirs a god , why did did he take my sister? "

I can't remember the answer but she would of made a great salesman lol.