Any one detest New Years ever

washerboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely I'm not the only one.

No you're not, Although, detest is a bit of a strong word.

For me it's the same as any other night, home indoors, **** all special on the telly and tomorrow will be another day........same **** it's only the depth that varies.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Too many bad memories from being a kid and well into adulthood that revolved around tonight.

Always say I will go away abroad on holiday yet each year I spend seething with anger as the night goes on....

Fine in the morning, it's just getting through tonight.

I'm ok if I can spend it alone or with my close family, but my worse nightmare is they want to go out to a party to see the new year in.

I wouldn't say I hate it but, parties have never been my thing. I think sometimes there can be too much pressure to have a good time on new years eve which results in a let down. I'm also far too tight to spend a load of money on food,drink, taxis etc. I'd much rather spend the evening with a couple of ales and the springer. oh and err the wife.

I dont detest it.........just cant be doing with all the faff and reverlry.......................its like xmas ...all the true meaning has been lost.........

new years eve is like a punctuation mark in the year....the planets obits have changed its getting lighter in the evening and the eve' (to-nite) is time for reflection on the past and the year to come...with a nice port and a log fire......glass half full not half empty attitude........

Been out carousing on NYE in the distant past. Nowadays it's an evening at home with Mrs PhilR and the dog. We watch Jools' Hootenanny and sometimes manage to stay awake until midnight, sometimes not. As I'm shooting clays tomorrow I want a clear head.

Cant stand New Years Eve,however we will be out tomorrow afternoon in Newcastle for a few (coffee for me though).I cant stand being with people who are drunk,dont know why because i used to be a right ******** when i did drink.

Stopped drinking (well never been drunk) now for about 15years,2 glasses of red wine now is my limit.But if i drive its coffee or coke.

Edited by Davyo

Wouldnt say detest but im far from a fan of Hogmany.

Used to do the usual and get ****** but since have the wee fella dont bother and its better.

Not sure where it went wrong as used to make a good night of it but really cant be ersed with it now.

It's called growing up! :rolleyes:

We don't bother these days, enjoy some of the TV and a beer or two but nothing heavy.