Aldi

Davyo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and the mrs shop at Aldi. Only five minutes away now that we've moved house.

I agree with figgy, always worth looking at what tools they have on offer. Bought myself a little petrol chainsaw for £79, nothing special but works a treat. Already cut and stored next winter's heating with it.

I am fortunate that I have a Lidl and Aldi both within 10 mins of my house, the Lidl actually within a minutes walk of my office.

I would choose Lidl over Aldi but it's close. I choose either over any other supermarket. They are both the modern type and I can't fault the layout or the vast majority of the products.

I can get a good lunch in Lidl for pennies and I always find the produce fresh.

Plus they both have the isle of dreams, where else can I buy an inflatable canoe on my lunch break?

Never been a fan of Audi or Lidli. Some of their stuff's ok , others are poor. They do not hold a good selection of food. Usually just one or two brands of each product and if the brand is not one that you like tough. Go to morrisons and have a huge selection of for example coffee . Even for things like beans 4-5 brands. Plus I can never find all I need in the shop for a full weekly shop. Their only plus is their Stollen is so much better than the English version.

Pick and choose. Their 30 day fillet steak is excellent. Always cooked on the BBQ, right through the year. The stuffed mushrooms are as good as any anywhere and I mean even top class restaurants as well. Craft beers for £1.25 per bottle, hard to beat. Their baking potatoes are excellent. You pays your money and takes your choice.

BATTS tomato sauce didn't half give ol' 57 a fright!

Lidl are selling a top quality oil pump for £12 that changes your engine oil in 10 minutes. Saves taking the under tray off to get the sump plug off.

PS there is a nice Icelandic till girl that sounds like Bjork in my Lidl...

I have an Aldi near where I work, and I find some things brilliant as mentioned Craft beers for £1.29 a bottle (they went up 4p this week!) Aldi London Gin is lovely, although their tonic water can be hit or miss. Their home brand lager is v good, but their bitters are not as good. Veg is in my experience good, steaks good, pizzas though "Ok", pet food seems good at a good price, but dishwasher tablets pretty ****. Cheese: Everyone I've bought has been good. The specials have been good in parts, e.g. the 1st telescopic rod I bought was pretty ****, however the pink one I bought for my daughter is fine! Cycling and outdoor clothing have been very good.

As other have said you pays your money...

Cheers

Aled

(ps we also have a Homebargains & Farmfoods close by and they can offer good and bad products as well!)

I saw a programme on the telly about the cheaper supermarkets and the staff didnt have the time to do the displays they launched the fruit bread etc into the shelves so if your eating fruit etc it has to be eaten within a day or two or its bruised and goes off