BBC wont be ignored!

Scully

hello, not wanting to side track on this interesting post by Scully but i thought to say i heard the BBC will publish next week the salaries (if that is the word) of the highest payed by the BBC from the top executives to the so called stars of entertainment, will this be made available for licence payers to view ?

Salaries over 100k have had to be reported for the last several years for execs, a very easily findable list

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, not wanting to side track on this interesting post by Scully but i thought to say i heard the BBC will publish next week the salaries (if that is the word) of the highest payed by the BBC from the top executives to the so called stars of entertainment, will this be made available for licence payers to view ?

This is a list of BBC 'staff' earning over £150K. If you click on their name it gives details of salary and also details of what expenses they have claimed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/insidethebbc/managementstructure/biographies/

It doesn't include 'stars' who are not on the payroll but contract via their own companies.

Edited by AVB

Some of you may like this, it was sent a couple of months ago.

FAO Kelly Nasr/TV Licensing.

Ref xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent letter dated March 2017, the third of it's kind I have now received.

I would just like to clarify some points as it seems either something is either getting lost in translation or the message isn't getting through clearly enough for your organisation to understand.

The first point is that you've stated in your letter that you cancelled my tv licence due to not having received payments. In actual fact I cancelled the licence around two months ago as I no longer want or require one.

I filled out the online form as required informing you of my reasons. Those being that I no longer watch live tv or on demand BBC programmes. I also despise the organisation.

You've no need to remind me about the communications act 2003. I do not need a licence.

The second point is the wording included in the letter which reads “Make sure you buy one straight away” in bold font, followed by “If we don't hear from you soon, we'll arrange a visit to this address”.

Please put a note on your system that the implied rights of access to this property by any representative of your company (Capita) is now revoked effective immediately. I don't like veiled threats of people visiting my address and I'm well aware of how your licensing goons operate.

Any person from Capita that appears at my address will now be trespassing and will be removed should it be required.

As I've stated before this is now the third letter of it's kind following cancellation of the licence. This is bordering on harassment.

It is time consuming having to open and read these letters and each time I do so it is causing me stress.

Each letter you send me from this moment on will result in me charging your company an admin fee of £25 to read and reply. This is an amount that has been deemed reasonable in small claims court.

I hope my feelings on this matter are now clear, not that it should have come to this. In plain terms I do not need a licence and will not be buying one. I don't want any more letters from you and don't send anyone to this address.

Ironically you refunded me £60 when I cancelled it!

Regards.

Me.

Very entertaining, however it matters not, any address without a licence will pop up every twelve months for another round of letters.

You will have to fill in the form all over again, and again in another twelve months.

It's just the way the system works, ignore them.

Removing their implied right of access makes it more likely they'll apply for a court order to enter your home.

Whilst I and many others genuinely have no TV or don't watch live broadcast, there are many that do and are simply evading paying.

Whatever you think of the BBC or the licencing system, and I dislike both, it's the law and people are breaking it and I'm glad they're getting caught.

I just bin their letters.

This is a list of BBC 'staff' earning over £150K. If you click on their name it gives details of salary and also details of what expenses they have claimed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/insidethebbc/managementstructure/biographies/

It doesn't include 'stars' who are not on the payroll but contract via their own companies.

hello, is that what they say are non doms (stars) when a few years back 462 of them were payed via a tax haven ?

Very entertaining, however it matters not, any address without a licence will pop up every twelve months for another round of letters.

You will have to fill in the form all over again, and again in another twelve months.

Removing their implied right of access makes it more likely they'll apply for a court order to enter your home.

Whilst I and many others genuinely have no TV or don't watch live broadcast, there are many that do and are simply evading paying.

Whatever you think of the BBC or the licencing system, and I dislike both, it's the law and people are breaking it and I'm glad they're getting caught.

It gave me a sense of victory though. As I get older I'm getting more vocal when things bother me, I can't let it lie even if it is a waste of time.

They said it would be 24 months before they next bother me.

And a court order is the only way anyone is getting into my home, otherwise they'll be told to **** off. If the dog doesn't eat them first.

It gave me a sense of victory though. As I get older I'm getting more vocal when things bother me, I can't let it lie even if it is a waste of time.

This. When I was younger many thingd bothered me but I was reluctant to rock the boat and things would eat away at me.

Nowadays I'm more laid back but very vocal about those things which rile me. 🙂

Edited by Scully

Do you honestly think Capita will pay out money to get a court order? I would also think they would need more evidence, for a court to issue an entry/ search warrant, than just someone refusing them access??

Edited by silver pigeon69

Do you honestly think Capita will pay out money to get a court order? I would also think they would need more evidence, for a court to issue an entry/ search warrant, than just someone refusing them access??

I did say more likely, it just makes you stand out from all the others that just ignore.

There are thousands out there watching TV without a licence and Capita are paid to find them.

Confrontation on the doorstep, rants about the BBC and removal of implied right of access, all move you nearer the top of the list for further investigation.

When they started bothering me, I had a feeling of indignation, how dare they assume I need a licence, I've told them once I don't have a TV.

I took offence at the tone of their letters, the veiled threats.

Then I thought, what the ****k! why bother, just ignore them, life's too short.

I really don't have a TV or watch live broadcast, what can they do?

Confrontation on the doorstep, rants about the BBC and removal of implied right of access, all move you nearer the top of the list for further investigation.

This is true. I didn't have a licence (didn't need one) and a bloke came round to check. I said something along the lines of I don't need one, now is not a good time, and I don't want you to come in. He went, but another one came round a few days later and said I'd denied the first one access, which I suppose I had. My wife was much friendlier, explained why we didn't need one and off he went. Stopped the letters for two years.

I was so confident that I offered several electronic engineering companies a £10,000 bounty a good few years back to recreate this mythical 40 year old TV detection technology for me, I still have the money. Funny how they all have an idea how it works yet none of them using all the modern technology we have and information on the Internet can make something that will detect a TV let alone tell them what channel is on

There is a sort of 'master address list' and if your property is on it - you will get chased for a TV license - because there is a presumption that every property on the list has a TV.

About 50 years ago, a 'granny flat' was created in part of my house for a relative. This in effect created two dwellings and so a separate address was created which then got its own TV license, council tax bill etc. Following the death of the relative, the flat was let for a period and still had a separate address and for about 45 years a separate TV license.

However, about 5 years ago, faced with a considerable amount for work to bring the flat up to modern wiring, plumbing and heating and wanting to make some changes to the main house, I decided to recombine the two properties into a single dwelling - having the address of the main house - just as it had been prior to the creation of the granny flat.

I was chased (almost to the extent of harassment) about the flat address having no TV license, despite having explained the situation, and having full local authority permission and listed buildings consent (we also did some minor building alterations) and having the local rates/council tax (including revaluation as a single dwelling), water, gas, electricity successfully moved to a single address etc. After quite a lot of research it appears that there is a separate office within the local authority (and who don't seem to talk to anyone else) who control the official address list. Once I had done this (and they were quite snotty as I hadn't notified them in advance - despite me not knowing they existed) change and had the flat address deleted, the problem went away and slowly the old flat address is disappearing from those 'drop down' lists you get in address finders that use a postcode to complete the address.

The most bizarre thing happended yesterday.. I was in my front yard, and a guy came in, checked that this was the correct address, and handed me a leaflet about the TV licensing. He didn't look like one of these 'inspectors', wasn't pushy at all, just gave it to me... I asked if he was there to inspect anything, he replied no, not really...

I told him that we don't do TV at all anyway, and he told me 'fine, in that case you don't need a licence' and just left. Polite, not pushy..

Completely bizarre, as the previous inspector was pushy as hell.

perhaps they have new policies in place?

Guest cookoff013

i had a pushy guy turn up at our old property at move in day.

i had great delight in having them around as there physically was nothing anywhere let alone a tv.

just straight bare walls. no carpet, i had a chuckle though. reminded me of the young ones. i was very accomidating as i had a good snoop around as i hadnt moved in yet.

i can tell you nothing was left unturned.

The TV tax as I call it is outdated the BBC should stand on its own feet.... they are stuck back in the 50s

....make a change from being stuck up the back-end of a schoolboy for a few of them I suppose.

Been Bumming Children shouldn't be allowed to levy their public tax, having failed as an institution through their supporting of paedophile activities

They have just been granted a new charter (it was under the old.royal charter they were granted the right to charge for their services) not sure if this new one mentions payments (it should.do) but if anyone is bored enough to flip through the41 pa ft e pdf.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/governance/regulatory_framework/charter_agreement/

I was so confident that I offered several electronic engineering companies a £10,000 bounty a good few years back to recreate this mythical 40 year old TV detection technology for me, I still have the money. Funny how they all have an idea how it works yet none of them using all the modern technology we have and information on the Internet can make something that will detect a TV let alone tell them what channel is on

I always suspected that those detector vans we saw on TV years ago were a hoax because I used to live pretty close to where the BBC kept its vehicles. You used to see the outside broadcast trucks going back and forth daily but never once saw a detector van.

hello, anyone waiting for the disclosure of salaries to the top earners of the BBC ????? after all it is part of our licence money,

Chris Evans £2.2mln

Lineker £1.8mln

The highest paid woman is Winkleman on £400K

The most bizarre thing happended yesterday.. I was in my front yard, and a guy came in, checked that this was the correct address, and handed me a leaflet about the TV licensing. He didn't look like one of these 'inspectors', wasn't pushy at all, just gave it to me... I asked if he was there to inspect anything, he replied no, not really...

I told him that we don't do TV at all anyway, and he told me 'fine, in that case you don't need a licence' and just left. Polite, not pushy..

Completely bizarre, as the previous inspector was pushy as hell.

perhaps they have new policies in place?

Were you polishing your guns at the time?!

Disgusting pay scales...

there are some who I thought "not bad value". Whereas others were "how much".

Jeremy Vine

Ken Bruce

Laura K

Danny Dier

The bloke off of Casualty

Gary Lineker

All fall into the "how much?" Camp. Despite him being a former 'yiddo' I despise Lineker for his political views and continual tweeting of them.