Can anyone help me understand?

turbo33

If Countryfile this weekend wasn't bad enough, completely from an alternative universe,  the news this evening, is that girls, probably on a good wage, and using it as a launch pad for a career in modelling etc, are to be dropped from Formula 1 as grid girls. "Not appropriate in the present social climate" Frank warren vows to continue giving girls the opportunity of employment which seems a more sensible view. Then on Emmerdale, no poaching stories from Seth, but a girl on girl affair. Not to be outdone, the story line on Coronation street is the same thing, lesbian affair. 

Please tell me that the world has gone completely mad, and that I am a lone survivor!!!

Edited by turbo33

It’s bonkers, the feminists, bleeding hearts society. People dishing the race cards out like smarties, saboteurs. The country is losing touch with normality. What is wrong with a few scantily clad, extremely beautiful young women. Holding the umbrellas for the drivers is essential to keep them cool while they mentally prepare for the race ahead. Even my wife who comments that I should possibly put my eyes back in my head before they fall out of the sockets thinks this is absolutely pathetic!!!!! 

Currently In mourning 

Delwint 

15 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

No, good riddance to them. Vacuous tarts who wouldnt know one end of a torque wrench from another. I’ve always found it insulting that they think my attention span is so limited that it needs flesh on display to sustain it.

How ironic . I don’t think it would really be the ‘vacuous tarts’ who thought you have a limited attention span, do you? 

I know a couple of girls who used to be ‘brolly dollies’ for Paul Birds racing team. Far from ‘vacuous tarts’. 

16 hours ago, turbo33 said:

If Countryfile this weekend wasn't bad enough, completely from an alternative universe,  the news this evening, is that girls, probably on a good wage, and using it as a launch pad for a career in modelling etc, are to be dropped from Formula 1 as grid girls. "Not appropriate in the present social climate" Frank warren vows to continue giving girls the opportunity of employment which seems a more sensible view. Then on Emmerdale, no poaching stories from Seth, but a girl on girl affair. Not to be outdone, the story line on Coronation street is the same thing, lesbian affair. 

Please tell me that the world has gone completely mad, and that I am a lone survivor!!!

You are not alone, the world has gone completely mad. Tv soaps trying to condition people into acceptance. I sent an email to the Coronation Street people asking them if they were going to change its name to Canal Street. Their reply  its the way of life today.  Not mine or my friends and family.

1 hour ago, SpringDon said:

No, good riddance to them. Vacuous tarts who wouldnt know one end of a torque wrench from another. I’ve always found it insulting that they think my attention span is so limited that it needs flesh on display to sustain it.

Don't panic lads ,I've found the gay one ?.

I have no problem with them ,they're just trying to make a living ,just like the rest of us .

I've noticed it lately in many, many TV adverts too!.........brainwashing viewers into seeing the "alternative" relationships portrayed in their advertisements as ????..........Well, I can't find an alternative word to describe the word 'normal'...........that will not enrage the politically correct!! :no:

PC demands you can't use words such as "different, usual, unusual, abnormal, normal" etc etc etc when describing human relationships........I wonder how long it will be before the PC brigade lobby for certain words, such as these, to be struck from the dictionary?

A couple of the girls were interviewed for radio when this was mooted a few days ago in a general discussion related to the 'scandal' of the dinner at the Grosvenor; apparently the love the job and have a fantastic time .......... would be very sorry if it was discontinued.

Some nutter has now removed a picture from the Gallery in Manchester , called 'Water nymphs' or similar . because there are

topless girls in the water .  She wants to provoke a discussion on how women are depicted in art!

I could have described her to you before she came on screen . 

No make up , short cropped hair , and concerned about how men view women . 

Why is everyone looking for something to be offended by?

Asked by , a bald , fat ,ugly bloke.

Maybe they should also ban ladies day at the like of Ascot, or perhaps get all the female athletes to cover neck to ankle? I am sorry, but I see nothing derogatory in the existence of the pit girls? Now if it were TOPLESS girls I could understand! After all, young children attend such meetings etc! But I think the removal of the pit girls is rather short sighted. 

Edited by Lord Geordie

I think feminism maybe going flip side and actually diminishing the rights of some women to make their own choices. A Darts walk on girl on the Jeremy Vine show the other day was explaining how the job suited her and she in no way felt exploited. Then some feminist type rang and said she just wished ‘this type’ of lady (she was also offended by the term girl?) should be more educated so that they wouldn’t need to take part in such degrading activities to earn money. I was quite amused when the walk on girl replied that she had passed her A levels with A-A* results and it was actually a career choice that suited her. Why take that choice away? I’m a massive darts fan and if I’m honest don’t really see the need for ‘walk on’ girls but it’s become a bit of a tradition and why remove the opportunity of work from them if they enjoy it?  

Its almost like , the Full Monte ,and the other  Male strippers never existed .  How these men haters forget !

If Males are not supposed to find the the female form of their species attractive , the whole plot goes down the drain.

Who were the main buyers of fifty shades?

Who were lusting after the Poldark actor ?

Men? I dont think so.

It is a time of huge change in which we live.  It is an over the top, but unsurprising reaction to the hype which has spawned from the #metoo campaign.

Sadly what seems to be happening is that people are conflating criminal sexual activity (Harvey Weinstein) with the aims of a more extreme form of feminism and then there is a whole load of virtue signalling going on by those with a high media presence to be seen to be doing the "right thing".

All that is happened is that there are now a chunk of women who have lost work so someone can be seen to be an apologist, yet with nothing to be an apologist for.

52 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It is a time of huge change in which we live.  It is an over the top, but unsurprising reaction to the hype which has spawned from the #metoo campaign.

Sadly what seems to be happening is that people are conflating criminal sexual activity (Harvey Weinstein) with the aims of a more extreme form of feminism and then there is a whole load of virtue signalling going on by those with a high media presence to be seen to be doing the "right thing".

All that is happened is that there are now a chunk of women who have lost work so someone can be seen to be an apologist, yet with nothing to be an apologist for.

Once again, personal choice is to be limited because the liberal masses decide some particular "choice" is wrong, thankfully we are not all the same, but they will attempt to remove individuality and set us up for commonality and uniformity.

1 minute ago, Brad93 said:

I know a grid girl. Masters degree in electro mechanical engineering. 

Guess which pays more and gets you all around the world for free? 

Her choice to follow that route and she should be commended for her academic abilities and for doing what she wants to.

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

because the liberal masses decide some particular "choice" is wrong

Actually, I don't think they are the liberal "masses".  I think they are the liberal "militant vocal minority"

The "masses" are the people for whom it really doesn't normally feature as an issue; the 'normal' hard working people who get on with their lives, earn a living, pay their taxes (and so contribute to the support of the 'community') - but just get on and live within the status quo.

The problem seems to me that the "militant vocal minority" (who have always been there) are now getting both media attention and political backing.

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

she should be commended for her academic abilities and for doing what she wants to.

+1

The Weinstein thing and the Presidents Club are different matters. In those cases, women have the right to go about their job without being manhandled. (IMO)

As for the grid girls, walk-on girls etc, if they want to earn a few quid flashing a bit of cleavage fair play to them. The feminists who are protesting about it are jumping on the perpetually-offended bandwagon where everyone is offended by something. I'm offended by having to listen to these crackpots day in, day out. I'm sure if I scoured the papers I could find many more things to be offended by.

As an aside, back in the day, a girlfriend's sister was a radical feminist (who incidentally wore flat shoes and didn't seem to like men much). One day when we were walking into a shop somewhere, I held the door open for her and she went off ranting about "not needing a man to hold the door for her." That's crazy as I have held the door for both sexes when appropriate. That isn't feminism, that's grabbing an  idea you don't properly understand and using it to further your own weird views. Suffice to say I loved letting doors smash her in the face after that. 

If someone wanted to offer me a job as a grid-boy, who's going to stop me doing it? I can supply my own umbrella, cycle shorts and string vest. (Job offers by p.m please :lol:)