Weather forcast

ditchman

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scully said:

From my window I can see one of the villagers towing kids around the village green on their sleds with his quad bike. Looks great fun. ?

Nothing doing here on the Mendips so I might have to put away the sledge and venture out with the rifle. :)

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

From my window I can see one of the villagers towing kids around the village green on their sleds with his quad bike. Looks great fun. ?

Don't let the snowflakes see - you will have the Health and Safety police there in an instant!  We used to get towed by a Massey Fergusson 35 tractor when I was a kid - never hurt anyone either.

36 minutes ago, PPP said:

Tiny bit of snow over in East Angular but enough for the train company to have a few days off, beautiful day today and although only 1 degree it feels much warmer in the sun.  It seems that all the terrible weather has passed us by.

Depends where you are in East Angular I suppose.

It’s blaaady cold up here, we had a scattering of snow this morning and I rode out 6 lots in falling snow but it’s all gone now. They’re giving a real hard frost tonight and then Thursday as the day of the impending apocalypse for us now. Just in time for the boss to go on holiday for a week and leave me to wrestle two year olds in the ice ?

3 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

Bit of a dusting overnight that has all but melted away! And temps are quite warm up here! 

Better not come down here then Martin had a good 4-5" last night rocco is having a field day tossing his chew in the air then trying to find it in all the snow,

once found tossed again well it keeps him out of trouble for a while 

Surprised to see that due to the appearance of 4 snowflakes people were advised to leave work early to be home for 6.00pm. Anyone living north of Watford were advised to wear an outdoor coat.

Spent the morning with Old Man scaring clays at Oakridge in Staffordshire. Spotted 1 elk, 2 polar bears and a yetti. Retired for lunch at Weatherspoons (steak day).

Cleaned the BBQ this PM

Great day

Beast from the east?

Mouse from the south more like

Interesting how there is so many different experiences.  I don't envy the job of the forecasters at all, they do amazingly well at predicting the near impossible and get bashed every which way no matter what the outcome.

It has been a great weather watching day here today, we had a band of frontal snow go through very early doors that left about an inch which the sun despatched by early afternoon.  Then alternated between intense showers of graupel and amazing blue skies.  What was amazing to see at this time of year, looking east over the sea, was the forming of huge towering convective clouds, very common in summer but a rare beastie in winter.

After the sun went down the temperature dropped about 4 degrees and the water that was dripping off the roof of the gin bothy turned into icicles very quickly.  Now sat with a couple of inches that is being added to steadily.

The upper air temperature over my little patch of the world tonight is ferociously cold, about -17'c at 4000ft and about -46'c at 16,000ft.  That is exceptionally rare for our island even in deepest winter let alone the start of spring.  Expecting thundersnow overnight with the huge lapse rate between the sea temperature of +6'C and the upper atmosphere temperatures.

Getting serious now been snowing hard since late afternoon and theres 6 inches lying daughter came down from the other side of Aberdeen and says there cars abandoned everywhere 

I want to clean my drive  pavement and bit of road in front of the house and put salt down so any vehicles using the road breaks it up  but i know that some lazy barstool from the bottom will park on the clear bit blocking my cars up the drive