A New Political Party on the horizon.

old man

Maybe a new beginning?

Hope at last to break the never ending  circle of disaster politics? Very fertile ground to plough a new furrow at the moment.

Thinking will only work though if they clear out the understairs schemers?

Comments please.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a new beginning?

Hope at last to break the never ending  circle of disaster politics? Very fertile ground to plough a new furrow at the moment.

Comments please.

Could be interesting, I would happily have voted for a more central labour party at the last general election rather than the conservatives but the only options other than a conservative party heading a bit to far to the right were hard left loons. 

I'm really pleased that the negative attitudes are alive and well on PW.

All happy to carry on as we have for the last 50 years then? The incoming lot destroying any good the outgoing lot managed to stumble on.

Jezza and his mob? May and hers? Thd Lib come? A Fabulous future? :whistling:

This is Simon Franks' speech at last years Labour Party Conference... watch it, but replace the voice of Simon Franks with that of Tony Blair and you'll see exactly where his 'new party' is headed. It's New New Labour. Things can only get better?  Things will only get better when the Conservative party actually grow some balls and implement conservative policies. 

I started watching the video but turned it off once I heard the phrase "Leaving the EU would be a disaster for this country".

If we're going to have a new political party, let's have one that actually listens to the electorate. Let's have one that has the drive and ambition to make post Brexit Britain a success.

2 hours ago, poontang said:

This is Simon Franks' speech at last years Labour Party Conference... watch it, but replace the voice of Simon Franks with that of Tony Blair and you'll see exactly where his 'new party' is headed. It's New New Labour. Things can only get better?  Things will only get better when the Conservative party actually grow some balls and implement conservative policies. 

Unfortunately, each regime uses it's time in power to appoint like minded and on message people to every position it can. We are presently still suffering from New Labour and the appointees of Blair and the politically correct in positions of power. Our Civil Service and Police being classic examples. It might take a generation to replace these, even if we started employing better choices today.

Just as Corbyn is widening his power base through appointing kindred spirits, so has Cameron and Cameron in a Dress (May). The Conservative party needs two things to happen to return to it's roots and traditional ideology. Firstly it must ditch Appeaser May for a traditional party leader. Secondly it needs local Conservative Organisations to take back from Central Office the power to select candidates and ditch those that are closet liberals. I'm not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

I started watching the video but turned it off once I heard the phrase "Leaving the EU would be a disaster for this country".

If we're going to have a new political party, let's have one that actually listens to the electorate. Let's have one that has the drive and ambition to make post Brexit Britain a success.

`Listening to the electorate`,now that is totally `non PC`.

9 hours ago, old man said:

Maybe a new beginning?

Comments please.

But it will not be a new furrow, just more of the same old ****!