Brexit - merged threads

scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What nobody seems to be pointing out is that sales of Japanese cars on mainland Europe has never reached anything like the level that they should. The Germans buy German, the French buy French and the Italians buy Italian. You don't see Hondas or Toyotas in any significant numbers despite being arguably better cars.

Edited by Vince Green

I'm pleased the wheels are coming off and I don't care which party it involves. I wouldn't pay any of them in washers and I sincerely hope they all end up in the political equivalent of an arctic tundra wasteland. 

They're all a bunch of hypocrites for trying to stop exactly what the majority of the voting populace decided to do, namely leaving an organisation they're unhappy with. 

Edited by Scully

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why don't this bunch of blatant REMAINERS just get on with calling their new party something along the lines of "The We Don't want To Do As We Are Told Party?"

No doubt their constituents didnt know what they were voting for ?
So a 'peoples vote' is in order ?
AKA a by election, surely its the only way to decide fairly 😂

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No doubt their constituents didnt know what they were voting for ?
So a 'peoples vote' is in order ?
AKA a by election, surely its the only way to decide fairly 😂

There are two sides to this, the individual MPs who have commented have all said that it was the person who was voted for.

The Labour Party have stated that it was their Party Manifesto that was voted for so, the Party conclusion is that each MP should stand down and force a By-Election.

Either way the Labour Party are now down by 9 MPs and the Conservatives by 3.

We are in interesting times for sure   .... to be honest I'm glad I am 78 and not 28 because I can see in the next 20yrs some very serious conditions developing and I think Mad Max will be like a meeting with the Pope in comparison.  We have already lost control of the streets and ome towns. I have a friend who enjoys trips on his canal barge and the one place that the guide booklet says to avoid is Nuneaton, which I knew as a boy and my wife grew up in. Scary.

Edited by Walker570

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

We are in interesting times for sure   .... to be honest I'm glad I am 78 and not 28 because I can see in the next 20yrs some very serious conditions developing and I think Mad Max will be like a meeting with the Pope in comparison.

Are you saying there will be blood on the streets?

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

What nobody seems to be pointing out is that sales of Japanese cars on mainland Europe has never reached anything like the level that they should. The Germans buy German, the French buy French and the Italians buy Italian. You don't see Hondas or Toyotas in any significant numbers despite being arguably better cars.

But Vince that doesn't suit the REMOANERS plan does it?

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And all of this change your party when the music stops is doing nothing to sort this country out!

Soon there will be a lot of small party's that will have to talk to each other in order to stop anything going through automatically!

Seems to work well in the Netherlands 😮

37 minutes ago, JDog said:

How many of these renegades will agree to a by election voluntarily? Remember they were elected on a party political basis. Now they have no party.

Not necessarily; plenty of people still vote for the person not the party. That particularly rings true for moderates, where there's less of an ideological gap. The 8 labourites were all moderates, so they can pick up left-leaners and right-leaners by being an excellent local MP, even if their politics don't precisely align with the voter

Edited by chrisjpainter

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Not necessarily; plenty of people still vote for the person not the party. That particularly rings true for moderates, where there's less of an ideological gap. The 8 labourites were all moderates, so they can pick up left-leaners and right-leaners by being an excellent local MP, even if their politics don't precisely align with the voter

But they were voted for as Conservative or Labour representatives, and are now neither. I agree with JDog.