Sign in to follow this  
JTaylor91

Recommend me a motor

I have a  2018 BMW 320D M Sport Touring - it ticks all your boxes and is great to drive.

I find it a perfect balance between performance and economy and the automatic gearbox is absolutely brilliant. 

Comfy, looks good, loads of room, full of tech, brilliant long distance cruiser with good fuel economy and great fun when using Sport mode and Either ‘S’ on the gearbox or paddles. 

I would genuinely, highly recommend. 330/335 would be even better to drive... 

All the best with your decision, 

Dave 👍

7 minutes ago, WinchesterDave said:

I have a  2018 BMW 320D M Sport Touring - it ticks all your boxes and is great to drive.

I find it a perfect balance between performance and economy and the automatic gearbox is absolutely brilliant. 

Comfy, looks good, loads of room, full of tech, brilliant long distance cruiser with good fuel economy and great fun when using Sport mode and Either ‘S’ on the gearbox or paddles. 

I would genuinely, highly recommend. 330/335 would be even better to drive... 

All the best with your decision, 

Dave 👍

Very good economy but too small and a limp image. 5 series is ok.

I would look at the volvo xc range. 

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Very good economy but too small and a limp image. 5 series is ok.

I would look at the volvo xc range. 

hello, no wonder i dont get any luck driving my old Terios :lol:

Ran a 330d for a long time - Very quick and surprisingly good on the fuel. Switched to a 116d - I no longer needed a big car and the bulk of my millage (30K pa) is me alone. I did not miss the power though I always think I should have got a 118d. I would look at a 320d x drive over a 330d. You will save a bit and miss very little. P.S. For an hour or so the Malamute will happily sit in the 116d boot.

If kids are on the way it has to be Volvo. Can’t go to far wrong with the xc90. Xc60 is also something to consider.

Still all up in the air with this. Thinking about going for something I can throw everything in and won’t mind getting filthy in the fields or throwing the dog in the back.

On 25/02/2020 at 19:16, JTaylor91 said:

I need help deciding on a new motor. We have the baby on the way so I need to change by the end of June.

Must be;

No more than 4 years old.

Good on fuel (120 miles a day commute)

Automatic

Decent inside seen as I spend a couple of hours a day sat there.

Decent power 190bhp+. I’m going from 400~ish 😢.

4wd would be a plus but not essential.

Big enough for dog, baby and stuff for a week away.

Budget 15-20k.

I would definitely recommend an F31 model BMW 320d Touring. 45/50 mpg, handles well, plenty of power. 
I’m on my 2nd one. I had a 2014 and have recently replaced it with a 2017 exactly the same. 
you can get an X-drive if you need 4x4. They sit fractionally higher and have a worse turning circle but other than that very similar.