Scam warning

derbyduck

We have just been told by a friend of a scam going around, you get a printed card shoved through your letterbox saying they have tried to deliver a parcel but no answer so can you ring this number , the card has the phone 0906 6611911  and the Postal Delivery Service , the number is a Premium rate  number and one person ran up a bill of £315 ,there's always some one after your Brass ! 

3 minutes ago, mellors said:

Still waiting for hmrc to come and arrest me for non payment. 👀

Aha!

HMRC here.

You're located Mr Mellors. We Google mapped "Pigeon Heaven, Leicestershire" and couldn't find it so your attempt at tax evasion by giving a false address didn't work.

Now we can trace you.....:scared: 

24 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Aha!

HMRC here.

You're located Mr Mellors. We Google mapped "Pigeon Heaven, Leicestershire" and couldn't find it so your attempt at tax evasion by giving a false address didn't work.

Now we can trace you.....:scared: 

Damn knew i should have pressed one the lady asked me very nicely. They've probably recorded the accidental four lettered abuse from me as well. 🙄

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

i have been getting scam calls from amazon about my prime account ....which i dont have..........

Yep me too and today I had 4 yes 4 from a very badly english speeking "indian" sounding caller about my BT internet .... 

Funny that I don't have BT internet !!

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

There’s got to be a billing adress for the line and details for the money to be paid so could easily be stopped by the phone company 

if they wanted to 

Exactly this. If i'm right the phone company your with, BT? invoices you the £100's and then pays them? Why cant they stop it?

When I had been done by Identity Theft - and when my account was supposed to have extra safeguards on it - the bank still allowed a new DD to be set up for BT. I already had an account with BT which was sub £30, this new one was near £200!! I contacted BT with the account number - it turned out that they were providing services to a place on the edge of Manchester (seedy looking place at that) - I told them to close the account and I wanted the money back - the girl from Bangalore went No- your not the account holder!! The irony of the situation was that I was sat in BT's offices in North Star in Swindon at the time.

I went to the bank and they done a charge back as BT hadn't followed the DD processes for validating an account apparently.