Tear4 move

lampro

26 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I too am getting fed up, but not with what those in charge are doing. 

Im getting more fed up with an extremely large number of idiots not doing what they have been asked to do from day 1. 

Social Distance is not a club for Sad people. 

Washing hands is not a once in the morning only task. 

Wearing of face masks is not something your wife tells you to put on before Jiggy Jiggy.  

this ^^^^^^^^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Im getting more fed up with an extremely large number of idiots not doing what they have been asked to do from day 1. 

Wearing of face masks is not something your wife tells you to put on before Jiggy Jiggy.  

Agreed.

Those on this forum who know best really do stick in my craw.

Nursing Shortages

The nursing shortage goes back years - letting academics decide that all nurses have to be degree qualified was a really dumb idea.   Where's the incentive to spend three years doing a a nursing degree combined with placements, unpaid, as part of the course only to qualify as a Band 5 Registered Nurse and get paid a lowly salary for all the effort and be saddled substantial with student loans too.

I shared a flat with a student nurse 2015-2018 who was at one of the best Nursing Colleges in the UK: Kings College, London.   I proofread every single assignment, crikey there was some utter garbage in there all designed to 'pad' the course curriculum out with little that was going to produce a better nurse as a result.  The predictable outcome was that if you breed super-nurses then you don't get foot soldiers to populate the general wards.  The nurse completed her degree with a 1st and took a job in Intensive care for about £25k a year with a further £20k of student loan debt around her neck.   It's thus no wonder that the NHS is short of 35,000 nurses - where is the incentive?

Politicians

Boris and team ( I didn't vote for them) are, to be fair, caught in an impossible position.  The absolutely right thing to do would be lock the country down like a prison, no mixing with anyone until the entire population is vaccinated.  That is, of course, a non-starter.  It would break the country, every business and finally most of the working population too.

So instead we have a situation where the politicians are trying to balance scientific guidance, the capacity of available healthcare, the will of the population and the innate political desire to be likeable/being seen to do the right thing.   The end result is unpalatable, many people struggle with understanding statistical data and move straight to the conclusion that their personal freedom is being removed with many facing financial hardship and the loss of business/businesses and livelihoods.  It's an absolute no-win situation for everyone.

Rather than bitching about being in Tier 4 let's see some debate about getting the population vaccinated as soon as possible and life returned to something that works for us all.   

Edited by Cosmicblue

5 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

The nursing shortage goes back years - letting academics decide that all nurses have to be degree qualified was a really dumb idea.   Where's the incentive to spend three years doing a a nursing degree combined with placements, unpaid, as part of the course only to qualify as a Band 5 Registered Nurse and get paid a lowly salary for all the effort and be saddled substantial with student loans too.

True 2009 to be exact - yet another B Liar leftover.

For the poster who said we cannot keep blaming labour after 10 years should note my previous post about training times plus the time it takes to overcome left wing bias in academia (usually government funded note)

58 minutes ago, Boristhedog said:

But for many of those years the Government has been working hard to repair the massive damage done to the country by the last Labour administration. Just look at the continuing mess the Labour government here in Wales continues to make; education, health, infrastructure all in a dire state with no real hope for any improvements and they've been in power for over 20years.

Sorry but you must blame the Tories for anything that's wrong,  even if you know Labour have been at fault for years.

58 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Its really not that difficult is it, but some seem to think it's all some government plot, the Trafford centre has been full to capacity for 3 days straight,  people queuing to get in,  I can only wonder why? Few sales on but no thanks not this year.

One think for sure no government has a magic wand. Regardless of which party of incompetents are in power. They all blame the previous party. 

If no covid 19 had come along the NHS wouldn't factor more than usual moaning about cuts yet having more managers than ever before. 

The current government be it here in the UK or other countries are all doing the best they can with the given info, do people honestly believe we get to know all that's happening with covid?  The poor **** up.in front of the cameras at the pointy end look knackered. If we're sick I think they must be chewing their fingers off.  Whoever is in charge is dammed if the do and dammed if they don't.

As for liebour, can you imagine comrade Corbin dealing with this pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

They do not have the staff to man the nightingale hospitals, watched a doctor explain this today, people saying "oh but the hospitals have empty beds".....well just because there are beds doesn't mean they can fill them as they don't have staff to look after the patient that would be in it. 

There are a massive amount of nursing vacancies in the uk and they cannot get enough nurses to fill the vacancies, hence why everyone from auxiliary nursing to physiotherapist were being trained up for emergencies. 

There was a request for retired staff to come back to work of which 47,000 applied to do. How many have actually managed to do so because of NHS (not no. 10) red tape (including having to have completed the Prevent Radicalisation training)? 5,000 is the answer. Blame the NHS not the Government. 

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

That's maybe true for Wales. Maybe true even for Scotland. But for England? You can't keep after ten years and four...yes four...general elections, and all returning a Tory Prime Minister, keep blaming Blair or Brown.

Why not? Labour managed for their last term. How long was that ? Over 10 years easy. 

We have a poorly resourced NHS, with inadequate kit, poorly paid staff and a growing demand for services. The pandemic was planned for by the NHS, which called for resources to be put in reserve for just such an occasion,  the plan was ignored. The pandemic has been handled badly from the start. 

People bleating about past govt's and past candidates for election are simply unable to see the failure standing in front of them. 

This Tory Govt is in charge and responsible for the avoidable mess . Simples. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

We have a poorly resourced NHS, with inadequate kit, poorly paid staff and a growing demand for services. The pandemic was planned for by the NHS, which called for resources to be put in reserve for just such an occasion,  the plan was ignored. The pandemic has been handled badly from the start. 

People bleating about past govt's and past candidates for election are simply unable to see the failure standing in front of them. 

This Tory Govt is in charge and responsible for the avoidable mess . Simples. 

I think many of us agree with that but would another party have done better

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

/\ This

Just now, Dave-G said:

I think many of us agree with that but would another party have done better

I am sure it could be worse but it does not excuse this Govt. 

3 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Hmm, I wonder what enabled you to retire so early and make you think you know all the answers!

That would be the Tories. 

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

We have a poorly resourced NHS, with inadequate kit, poorly paid staff and a growing demand for services.

The NHS will always be under resourced. As you say there is a growing demand for services and those services cost more, more people, a new cancer drug which gives someone an extra year with their family could cost many thousands a month but has to be found, people live longer and require far more medication than decades ago and so on. There simply is not enough resource to fund it sufficiently. Tax revenue is spent, some would say appropriately whilst others would argue wasted but whichever view there is never enough.  It's difficult for the NHS to set aside resources for the inevitable rainy day because of the need demand for today and the NHS only has the funding given to it by the government which itself has a finite tax revenue. Planning is undertaken by the NHS as far as it can but how can it prepare for every possible problem?

29 minutes ago, Boristhedog said:

The NHS will always be under resourced. As you say there is a growing demand for services and those services cost more, more people, a new cancer drug which gives someone an extra year with their family could cost many thousands a month but has to be found, people live longer and require far more medication than decades ago and so on. There simply is not enough resource to fund it sufficiently. Tax revenue is spent, some would say appropriately whilst others would argue wasted but whichever view there is never enough.  It's difficult for the NHS to set aside resources for the inevitable rainy day because of the need demand for today and the NHS only has the funding given to it by the government which itself has a finite tax revenue. Planning is undertaken by the NHS as far as it can but how can it prepare for every possible problem?

It cannot prepare for every eventuality but they had trained for the pandemic with a large scale trial. It identified all of the problems we are now seeing and put in place an action plan to deal with them. The plan was binned by Matt Hancock.

Your right about never having enough resources but cutting the service to the bone will never be the right way to deal with the issue. There are ways to tackle this that are politically unpopular and somehow we have managed to do this with NHS dental service (hardly a good model). There are tough decisions to be made and this govt together with many of the past are simply unable to take the tough decisions needed to move forward. The first past the post voting system will not allow any government of whatever persuasion to make a strategic long term choice.

17 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Nursing Shortages

I shared a flat with a student nurse 2015-2018 who was at one of the best Nursing Colleges in the UK: Kings College, London.   I proofread every single assignment, crikey there was some utter garbage in there all designed to 'pad' the course curriculum out with little that was going to produce a better nurse as a result.  The predictable outcome was that if you breed super-nurses then you don't get foot soldiers to populate the general wards.  The nurse completed her degree with a 1st and took a job in Intensive care for about £25k a year with a further £20k of student loan debt around her neck.   It's thus no wonder that the NHS is short of 35,000 nurses - where is the incentive?

Both my stepdaughter and my niece are midwives, both were very lucky to get places on their courses, The competition was fierce, many more suitably qualified applicants chasing a small number of places. Far fewer places than the country needs to replace natural wastage each year.

And the entry level requirements were practically the same as would be required to enrol at medical school

But anybody who thinks the NHS is underfunded needs to go and live in America where probably 50% of the whole population has little or only very limited access to medical services and none of it up to NHS standard.

Edited by Vince Green

19 hours ago, lampro said:

Why are you being so angsty just trying to see if anyone else feels as frustrated as I am 

Dont worry pal, plenty of us who are frustrated by it.

The stats, language and propaganda Boris and Hancock are using is all fear mongering.

Nothing wrong with bashing them for it and you dont have to run to be a MP to try and do any differently.

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

But anybody who thinks the NHS is underfunded needs to go and live in America where probably 50% of the whole population has little or only very limited access to medical services and none of it up to NHS standard.

I imagine that's why they have had such high numbers of deaths, its normally those in the poorest areas who suffer the most, and who can least afford private health care. 

23 hours ago, Dougy said:

This exactly. 

ignore the restrictions / come up with ludicrous conspiracy theories / think the rules done apply to you and you have blood on your hands as a top medic has said today. 

5 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Dont worry pal, plenty of us who are frustrated by it.

The stats, language and propaganda Boris and Hancock are using is all fear mongering.

Nothing wrong with bashing them for it and you dont have to run to be a MP to try and do any differently.

Why would they be fear mongering.