London

fatchap

3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

The Mayor of London has issued a state of Emergency for London. What about everywhere else? its not just London its everywhere.

Being pedantic It's a major incident not a state of emergency. And it isn't actually raised by the Mayor but the London Emergency Services Liaison Panel (LESLP). I assume that other regions/cities have their own process for declaring such incidents. 

It is being claimed that only 30% of people showing symptoms are isolating;

"Our own data shows only 30 per cent of people with symptoms are staying at home. 

'The reasons given are they may have caring responsibilities outside the house, they may need to get provisions, or importantly, they have to go out to work to get income."

Quoted from just above the blue chart here; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128815/SAGE-scientist-says-Lockdown-LAX-public-not-taking-Covid-rules-seriously.html

30 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Then you go and look at Heathrow flight arrivals and see we are still seeing around ten flights landing there per hour. That's just Heathrow, there is also Gatwick, Stanstead, Luton and City Airport.. All serving London

Not just London Using those airports.  In any event that’ll be the Government surely who have allowed use of the airports whoever is using them.  I’m talking about ordinary people like me, haven’t been on a plane for 18:years.  We are doing what we are told, getting to work if we are allowed.  I use a car and I think many more do this time round but they took away so many trains and buses and then expected the virus not to spread.     Anyway people can blame areas if they want to.

19 hours ago, Sian said:

You know the vast majority of us and there’s around 8 million of us are going about our law abiding business and doing as we are told.  

Few appear interested in the facts of the matter and find it hard to resist the temptation to bash London.

I’m sure you’ve made the connection as to why that would be the case here👍