covid has caught me.

mel b3

Despite much ducking and diving , and bathing in alcohol gel for months on end , covid 19 has finally caught me . I'm surprised that its taken this long really , it's ripped through my department at work , and many family and friends have it as well now. I can confirm that the whole Covid experience is very overrated,  and I've decided not to get it again as it's pretty cack. I've also decided not to die from it , as I'm far too young and pretty.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Despite much ducking and diving , and bathing in alcohol gel for months on end , covid 19 has finally caught me . I'm surprised that its taken this long really , it's ripped through my department at work , and many family and friends have it as well now. I can confirm that the whole Covid experience is very overrated,  and I've decided not to get it again as it's pretty cack. I've also decided not to die from it , as I'm far too young and pretty.

Typical, you just couldn't keep away from it!:w00t:

Keep up the liquid intake.:good:

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You’re a miracle to medical science and probably going to create another vaccine from your blood( allegedly blue)

get well soon 👍😊

as a foot note😊👍

mell and his team are the ones that’s contaminated every bin in the midlands generous and born sharers 😊

We aim to please 😅.

I've spent a bit of time reading through medical opinions , as to the best way to deal with covid . I finally settled on my mates method , just kill the virus with rum .  Release the kraken !.

26 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

what do you mean Covid experience is very overated?

35 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Well young anyway compared to some.  You look after yourself and get well quickly otherwise the West Midlands will be up to it's necks in full dustbins and I have seen inside a few over the years, far more dangerous than covid.

Do we need to have a whip round to get you more rum?

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well young anyway compared to some.  You look after yourself and get well quickly otherwise the West Midlands will be up to it's necks in full dustbins and I have seen inside a few over the years, far more dangerous than covid.

Everyone is young compared to you Nev!:w00t:

Cheers gents .

My daughter has instructions to deliver a bottle of rum each morning,  if she turns up one morning and yesterday's rum is still on the step , call the undertaker 😊.

At the moment,  I feel like a pair of tramps pants , but the rum is helping , I'm no doctor,  but , I reckon if I can stay drunk for two weeks,  then I should be over the worst of it 😊.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Nice to see you are still maintaining a sense of humour Mel , how long will it be before some of the last standing members say , somehow I have still avoiding catching the virus , mind you , that member might have had it at a earlier date and was one of them that didn't show any symptoms 

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Cheers gents .

My daughter has instructions to deliver a bottle of rum each morning,  if she turns up one morning and yesterday's rum is still on the step , call the undertaker 😊.

At the moment,  I feel like a pair of tramps pants , but the rum is helping , I'm no doctor,  but , I reckon if I can stay drunk for two weeks,  then I should be over the worst of it 😊.

And you look like a pair too!:P

11 minutes ago, fatchap said:

On a serious note, the wife has seen this and she recommends you don't drink Alcohol while suffering from covid. As alcohol effects the strength of your immune system leaving your body less able to fight it. 

There's been something said (way back near the beginning I think) that the danger of covid is due to the immune system rushing in too hard to attack the virus that it overwhelms the body - or better said words to that effect.

So it MIGHT be that a weakened immune system can be a bit of help. I hope so because my immune system is well fubared with all the antibiotics I've taken over the last few years of constantly recurring chest infections.

I may have completely misunderstood the above so have more tinfoil on standby.

Good news Mel. 

Edited by Dave-G

10 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

There's been something said (way back near the beginning I think) that the danger of covid is due to the immune system rushing in too hard to attack the virus that it overwhelms the body - or better said words to that effect.

So it MIGHT be that a weakened immune system can be a bit of help. I hope so because my immune system is well fubared with all the antibiotics I've taken over the last few years of constantly recurring chest infections.

I may have completely misunderstood the above so have more tinfoil on standby.

Good news Mel. 

Not so sure about that Covid hospitalises Diabetics pretty quick as they already have a depleted immune system. Chap at work has Type2 and he was touch and go for 10 days in hospital. He is well on the road to recovery now. But he said it overwhelmed him pretty quick after 2 days of symptoms he knew he was in trouble.

Edited by fatchap