Police break up party

Lampwick

And Priti Patel announced a day ago, that individuals caught having parties will get an £800 fine. So the organisers apparently "face" a 10k fine, how about the 400 x £800 being carried out? 320k would be useful to go to into constructive direction. But so much of where we find ourselves is because there is no back bone and therefore no penalty to bring the stupid into compliance.

2 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

And Priti Patel announced a day ago, that individuals caught having parties will get an £800 fine. So the organisers apparently "face" a 10k fine, how about the 400 x £800 being carried out? 320k would be useful to go to into constructive direction. But so much of where we find ourselves is because there is no back bone and therefore no penalty to bring the stupid into compliance.

Ain't gonna happen is it and if it's pursued there'll surely be calls of an anti-Semitic / racist motivation.

At work we are getting quite good as sussing out where the students are having party's and catching them last lot received a £500 each from the university , It now turns out the students are now fed up of these party goers , and phone the police themselves giving a building name and even a kitchen number the party's in  . Last week the shift on nights saw a police car and asked if they could assist to find 4 police officers going to break up a party . There where over 30 students at it and they scattered and police caught ????? 

NONE ??? 

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Ain't gonna happen is it and if it's pursued there'll surely be calls of an anti-Semitic / racist motivation.

Shouldn't matter and that's the problem,  too many areas right across the country where this is going on across all religions/races / cultures.

It shouldn't have been difficult for the police to stop everyone coming out and take details then issue fines.

It's not like it was a few people out for a walk in a park?

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Shouldn't matter and that's the problem,  too many areas right across the country where this is going on across all religions/races / cultures.

It shouldn't have been difficult for the police to stop everyone coming out and take details then issue fines.

It's not like it was a few people out for a walk in a park?

Exactly, doesn’t matter what fairy story or how strongly they believe in the fairies - fine every single one of them and jail the organisers. 

12 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I guess I see it differently.  Everyone here had a wedding party. So who am I to tell the young couple that they can’t?   Bless them and wish them nothing but luck on the wedding. 

Part of me has the same thought process. I wouldn’t attend a wedding / party / pub etc but I can’t condemn the young and foolish who do. I do however believe that those with responsibilities and experience should be wise enough to abstain and wish them well from a distance. 

49 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

That Sir, is perhaps why the States has in excess of 400000 deaths due to COVID and still rising rapidly.

OB

Everything is Covid related.  Even at my wife’s hospital they Mark deaths down as Covid related if they have any symptoms.  They don’t even have to have positive results.  If you test negative but have a fever, shortness of breath, of anything they claim it to get the extra $1300 a day form Covid relief fund.  

Another example is going to visit my grandma. We started calling her instead of visiting and she got so depressed and cried.  She said she is 88 years old and would rather die of Covid then not see her family for the last couple years of her life.  She said that being alone has caused her to loose her will to live.  So we started going back over for dinner. 

Just now, blackbird said:

The UK 🇬🇧 not doing to badly 100,000 deaths v 67Million population 

The US 🇺🇸400,000 dead US population 331 Million population.

But again I’m you don’t have to be positive to get recorded at a victim and get the Covid relief money.  The hospital looks for any symptom to claim it on the patient.  Many poeple have came forward to say their elderly family didn’t have Covid but got marked down as victims.  They took the positive test stipulation off of the Covid relief fund because of false positives and the time it takes to get the test back.  So if you come into my wife’s hospital and you have a fever, shortness of breath or anything then you are marked as a Covid patient.  Even if you are negative.  Then the hospital gets the $1300 per day relief money plus $5000 if the patient dies. 

14 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Everything is Covid related.  Even at my wife’s hospital they Mark deaths down as Covid related if they have any symptoms.  They don’t even have to have positive results.  If you test negative but have a fever, shortness of breath, of anything they claim it to get the extra $1300 a day form Covid relief fund.  

The American dream eh?