Selfish oldie putting young people at risk

WalkedUp

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nan-82-fined-60-attending-23904717

The old lady was fed up after shielding for a year and now she’s fully vaccinated decided two fingers to everyone else and she is now happy to risk the lives of millions of unvaccinated young people through her hedonistic partying with friends. 

Good for her; either the vaccine is ‘our way out’ as it has officially been claimed, or it isn’t. 🤷‍♂️
I’m hoping to see much much more non compliance now the ‘vulnerable’ have had their jabs. 

Masses of pensioners being arrested is going to make good headlines. 🙂

After seeing the way the liberals are treating people that choose not to get the vaccine I understand how the Nazis got the Germans to round up Jews.  My sister got the vaccine,  she is in pain, shaking, and running a high fever.  My wife and I got Covid.  Mildly sick.  I got quarantined and I cut firewood and cleaned my barn, while the wife emptied the attic.  

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

After seeing the way the liberals are treating people that choose not to get the vaccine I understand how the Nazis got the Germans to round up Jews.  My sister got the vaccine,  she is in pain, shaking, and running a high fever.  My wife and I got Covid.  Mildly sick.  I got quarantined and I cut firewood and cleaned my barn, while the wife emptied the attic.  

Godwin's law in just five replies, awesome!

1 hour ago, henry d said:

It's only Godwin's law if comparison is spurious, and if the thread is effectively over after the 'reductio ad hitlerum' post.  Neither is true in this case.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m hoping to see much much more non compliance now the ‘vulnerable’ have had their jabs.

I suspect this is actually the only way out of this all the vulnerable are vaccianted, but we can't have our freedoms back, impasse that we're currently living under.

Edited by udderlyoffroad

20 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

This is a no news news story (and no I haven't read it).

I have , and youre absolutely correct !
I took it as a light hearted attempt at covid humour, if there is such a thing.
Even grannies can be naughty sometimes 😏

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Cheap jibe off henry in six , he shoots .....! 

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

It's only Godwin's law if comparison is spurious, and if the thread is effectively over after the 'reductio ad hitlerum' post.  Neither is true in this case.

......He misses ! 🤭

Edited by Rewulf

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Good for her; either the vaccine is ‘our way out’ as it has officially been claimed, or it isn’t. 🤷‍♂️

This +1. Either it is a way out or it is just more "spaff". I have had covid...6 Feb 2021...and yet my work effectively insists I have had to have Johnson's Astra Zeneca vaccine. Which I did have with very unpleasant side effects. I am certainly not looking forward to the second dose. 

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I am certainly not looking forward to the second dose.

For what its worth, it seems that based on the side effect reports submitted, the side effects are both less common and less severe on the second dose (AZ vaccine).

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

For what its worth, it seems that based on the side effect reports submitted, the side effects are both less common and less severe on the second dose (AZ vaccine).

My mum had Covid badly, on a ventilator etc but survived. Her first vaccine was normal, post vaccine fever etc. Second  one has floored her for a week. Her husband had Covid, hospitalised but just on a ward for a week. No reaction to either vaccine dose. Very variable the reactions. 

Personally I’m happy to have any of the vaccines. I wouldn’t give them to my children and would be checking my life insurance policy first but would be more than willing to do my bit. If people want to meet up and break the rules a little I can turn the blind eye. Almost everyone has broken the rules in some small way at some point so I find the witch hunting of the youth ridiculous (almost as much as this granny). However if you break the rules and get caught, just pay the fine don’t grouse about it. 

6 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Very variable the reactions.

This is true.  I'm glad both are better.

This "Adverse reactions reported after the second dose were milder and reported less frequently than after the first dose."  is a quote about the AZ vaccine from here (para 6)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

which is a summary of the formal reporting by the yellow card process for side effects.

Thanks for the info and link 👍

Well she bucks that trend but that’s what we are finding across all CV datasets, unexplained outliers. I had actually assumed that she would have limited reaction due to already having had the real virus, which was wrong. So many of my assumptions have turned out to be incorrect, be that the use of masks, length of furlough, number of lockdowns etc - I have repeatedly guessed wrong but it has been a life lesson in accepting the unknown rather than “knowing all the answers”. 

On 14/04/2021 at 11:29, Scully said:

Masses of pensioners being arrested is going to make good headlines. 🙂

Spot on 👍

On 14/04/2021 at 08:14, WalkedUp said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nan-82-fined-60-attending-23904717

The old lady was fed up after shielding for a year and now she’s fully vaccinated decided two fingers to everyone else and she is now happy to risk the lives of millions of unvaccinated young people through her hedonistic partying with friends. 

"According to granddaughter Daisy, everyone who had attended the party had all received their full vaccines."

Somebody help me here...
We have a roomful of people, all fully vaccinated so the holy grail of 100% herd immunity achieved in that room, yet still a risk to "millions of of unvaccinated young people".
What exactly is this vaccine supposed to be doing for anybody?

1 hour ago, serrac said:

What exactly is this vaccine supposed to be doing for anybody?

I think you have the confluence of 2 things here -

1) people who feel better about themselves by following ever more rules and denying themselves things; and especially judging and condemning other people for not being as pious as them. Basically organised religion but for atheists/agnostics too.

2) A government keen to drag this lockdown out for as long as possible, because it knows the economic crash when we come out will be calamitous.  Hence Boris' ludicrous statements last week to the effect that the low infection rate had nothing to do with vaccines and was everything to do with lockdowns.

I fully expected an absolute media ****storm at the pictures from Phillip's funeral on Saturday of a poor old lady in her 90s being forced to sit alone at her own husband's funeral, despite the fact that she and her immediate family who were present have all been vaccinated.  But no, just a 'meh, them's the rules' from the media commenterait. 

Just what will it take for the tide to turn, I wonder?