Dominic Cummings Enq'

ditchman

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

agree..................as i said before/earlier..........dont care what goes on / is said behind closed doors.............its what comes out of the number 10 downing street door ...the result...thats what im interested in..............

as scully says exit EU....and vaccine rollout....does for me....and when these 2 items are close to being put to bed....whatever they put their mind to next im sure they will succeed..

We've done so well post Brexit, farmers going to the wall, fishermen with no markets. Today we hear that building supplies are running out - Johnson did not get the vaccine roll out going the underfunded NHS did! Johnson and Hancock lied, yes lied to Parliament about nurse's pay and the bursary. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to about 80% of it and it wavered between, waffle , waffle, waffle and an advertisement for Cummins, the self appointed cleverest person in the world.

We have to remember he was enjoying Parliamentary privilege , so he can say what he wants without fear of any legal action (slander, etc) , he doesn't even have to provide proof of his statements.
Which means that although those slated can deny, or disagree with what he has said, he still said it.

I have no time for Hancock he is a lightweight and should go.
Boris was never going to be a long term PM, he has serious limitations.
Expect a leadership contest in the next 12 months.

Edited by Cranfield

9 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

I have no time for Hancock he is a lightweight and should go.

I strongly suspect you're quite correct.

22 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

I think he'd win the contest, he's managed THE two most contentious issues of the decade much better than any voter approved alternative IMO.

I doubt cummings will make much of a dent, any government has to kick ideas around the table - so discussing a less than paletetable (SP?) idea is part of the job. In addition if he was so aghast at some of the decisions while enjoying the wage he should have blown a whistle at the time.

Edited by Dave-G

34 minutes ago, CaptC said:

We've done so well post Brexit, farmers going to the wall, fishermen with no markets. Today we hear that building supplies are running out - Johnson did not get the vaccine roll out going the underfunded NHS did! Johnson and Hancock lied, yes lied to Parliament about nurse's pay and the bursary. 

why should you bother...........your county is full of Lithium......you will get independence under your Lithium economy

"i care not for your prediciment Jack ....im sufficently provided for".........:lol:  :good:

Just now, scolopax said:

Sunak V Burnham will be the next General Election contest. 

and two individuals far more capable than those presently in charge of the two parties

Burnham will be still trying to fight off "Momentum"................dont think they have gone away....:hmm:

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

I don’t know of any farmers going to the wall, and I know loads. All are thriving, but as usual when you hear them talking from the rolled down window of their Range Rover Sports ‘there’s nee money in farming’ these days’, but I’ve been hearing this for decades. 😀

I don’t know any fishermen however. 
Ok, so it was the NHS which got the vaccine roll out going, but you can bet your bottom dollar if it had been a disaster, Boris would have been blamed. 
It all happened on his watch, so the buck stops with him; but like all those who dislike the man, they will pick and choose what they give him credit for. 

Edited by Scully

Just now, Scully said:

I don’t k PW of any farmers going to the wall, and I know loads. All are thriving, but as usual when you hear them talking from the rolled down window of their Range Rover Sports ‘there’s nee money in farming’ these days’, but I’ve been hearing this for decades. 😀

I don’t know any fishermen however. 
Ok, so it was the NHS which got the vaccine roll out going, but you can bet your bottom dollar if it had been a disaster, Boris would have been blamed. 
It all happened on his watch, so the buck stops with him; but like all those who dislike the man, they will pick and choose what they give him credit for. 

Ask lamb and sheep farmers in Wales? Exports finished. 
Come to Cornwall and bring Farage with you - one way fishing trips available?

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

How many have gone to the wall since Brexit? How many fishermen have done likewise? 

Most shell fishermen in Cornwall for a start. Oyster industry finished. Hill farmers struggling on £20k a year. Fact. 

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t know of any farmers going to the wall, and I know loads. All are thriving, but as usual when you hear them talking from the rolled down window of their Range Rover Sports ‘there’s nee money in farming’ these days’, but I’ve been hearing this for decades. 😀

have to give you that one biggest lie ever told and still they accept the free scotch 

5 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Most shell fishermen in Cornwall for a start. Oyster industry finished. Hill farmers struggling on £20k a year. Fact. 

Go on then, give us some links to all the Welsh farmers who have gone bust, and the Cornish fishermen. 
Not really bothered about hill farmers struggling in 20k a year, many folk get by on less. 

Edited by Scully

When I go to visit farmers they all seem to have brand new Porsches and Range Rovers in the yard. These are welsh hill farmers not wealthy “land owners”. Some of the old boys are sitting on assets (excluding land) of £5/6m and still get up at 4am to milk. One farmer in Cheshire inherited his uncle’s farming estate years ago valued at £7m+, and last time I saw him he was still on his farm and wearing the same overalls out lambing. 

I don’t envy their money as much as I envy their work ethic. 

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

Today we hear that building supplies are running out -

And this is BoJo's fault because?  You stop people going to work in your factories, expect to lose production capacity.  Except these factories aren't in the UK (for the most part)....neither are they in the EU before you raise that spectre.

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

Johnson did not get the vaccine roll out going the underfunded NHS did!

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ok, so it was the NHS which got the vaccine roll out going,

No.  The supply and distribution was done on private sector basis.  The NHS was only involved when it absolutely had to be, i.e. at the literal sharp end.  And even then...GP's surgeries are privatised!  Under labour, by the way.

And if you genuinely think the NHS is underfunded....well I've got a bridge to sell you.  The NHS' problem is not lack of money....

5 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

And this is BoJo's fault because?  You stop people going to work in your factories, expect to lose production capacity.  Except these factories aren't in the UK (for the most part)....neither are they in the EU before you raise that spectre.

No.  The supply and distribution was done on private sector basis.  The NHS was only involved when it absolutely had to be, i.e. at the literal sharp end.  And even then...GP's surgeries are privatised!  Under labour, by the way.

And if you genuinely think the NHS is underfunded....well I've got a bridge to sell you.  The NHS' problem is not lack of money....

I don’t know why you’ve quoted me, I was simply responding to a previous post, giving the poster the benefit of the doubt, as I have no idea what the NHS did and didn’t do! 

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

As a NHS worker I have to manage on that kind of money.

If you know any farmers who want to swap properties send them my way.

54 minutes ago, Scully said:

😀👍

15 minutes ago, yates said:

You cannot get away from the fact that the ineptitude of boris has led to the death of many people. Fact 

Not here to defend Boris, but:

You cannot get away from the fact that we are the lardiest nation in Europe.  That has lead to the death of many people.  Fact.

It's not 'fact' until a proper judicial inquiry establishes it as such.  Something which many on here poo-poo'd.  At the moment it's only your opinion

6 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not here to defend Boris, but:

You cannot get away from the fact that we are the lardiest nation in Europe.  That has lead to the death of many people.  Fact.

It's not 'fact' until a proper judicial inquiry establishes it as such.  Something which many on here poo-poo'd.  At the moment it's only your opinion

True. I’ll wait for the inquiry. I’m not anti or against anyone and acknowledge that most governments would have had a difficult time. However as someone who was on the ‘front line’ and witnessed multiple deaths due to lack of equipment and poor advice/strategy from local authorities l feel that the whole situation was negligently mismanaged at the beginning of the crisis 

It appears to me that in the event of a global pandemic / asteroid strike / volcano eruption / alien invasion then it’s best endeavours only - there’s no minimum body count to aim for or be pleased with, there’s no ‘great’ outcome and it’s the moment where people who hoped all their lives to become PM wish that they weren’t PM.

The government got some stuff wrong (as would any government) and it got some stuff right - I surmise that the population knows all of this and are happy to agree that vaccine roll out makes good / trumps all previous failings.

All this looking backwards at a pandemic that is barely over is so very very wearing. I suspect it’s only of interest to the chattering classes and those in Westminster.

Me, I’m entirely focusing on the future and I couldn’t care any less to rake over the ashes - that’s for others to do.

Edited by Mungler