Legality of vaccine passports

Doc Holliday

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure there will be several who will), but how on earth can a vaccine passport be legal and/or legitimate?

It is basically saying "If you want to travel abroad then you HAVE to have received one of the recognised vaccines and show proof of it". Am I missing something here? If anyone wants to travel abroad, starting with the wonderful EU it seems, then the individual has to have had a medical procedure regardless of whether they want it or not. You want to travel? Then you need to get jabbed... twice!

The UN decreed that, after the Nuremberg trials no government or country had the right to force ANY procedure on it's own people, or any people for that matter. That means that this was universally agreed that this kind of thing was never to be allowed to happen, and yet it is.

What I don't understand is why EVERYONE would need to be vaccinated. Anyone who has received their jabs would be immune, technically, right? OK, I know the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it (which is different to any other vaccine from what I understand) as it 'lessens' the effect of the symptoms (apparently) but anyone who has been vaccinated shouldn't be getting too hot up by thise of us who feel there is something not quite right with this whole picture. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but mandatory (and possibly enforced) vaccinations... so we can be free to travel... Really...?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few anti vax friends and this always amuses me.

Fine no issues thats your prerogative if you dont want the vaccine,  however precedent has been set with previous vaccine such as mentioned above for yellow fever for certain areas of the world.

Its not going to the the UK Government preventing people from travelling without being vaccinated its the countries they want to visit as they don't want people in who could possible fall ill and put pressure on their health system/ act as disease vectors/ incubators as well (yes I know the vaccine doesn't totally prevent you from getting Covid but it does reduce the likelihood in line with most other vaccines hell the flu jab is only about 40-60% effective).

This will also likely reflect in a lot of travel providers such as airlines not wanting to carry unvaccinated people. 

Basically it boils down to a choice in that no one is going is going to force people to get vaccinated but also that choice has consequences that they may have to get used to UK only holidays for a long time.  Unless someone fancies a lawsuit against say the US over not letting them in. 

Edited by Zetter

Its not the UK saying you need to be vaccinated its a condition set by the country you wish to visit. So what has legality got to do with it?

Looking at America and the conditions they already place on people wanting to get a visa, nobody complains about that. Countries can impose any rules they like

Edited by Vince Green

On 02/07/2021 at 09:03, JTaylor91 said:

Having certain vaccinations if you want to travel to certain countries isn’t something new.

Yep, yellow fever vaccination has been mandatory for years for visiting many African countries, I really don’t see the problem. A big plus - I’ve never caught Yellow Fever, just get your jabs. I’ve had both of mine and will be right up there for the booster.

27 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Yep, yellow fever vaccination has been mandatory for years for visiting many African countries, I really don’t see the problem. A big plus - I’ve never caught Yellow Fever, just get your jabs. I’ve had both of mine and will be right up there for the booster.

Many years ago we walked round the old British cemetery in Freetown Sierra Leone reading the gravestones, some from a hundred years before. Hundreds of young colonial workers most of whom had "died of fever" They never had the luxury of vaccination. Probably yellow fever I suspect but the graves catalogued decades of premature death.

I have a small credit card sized card which lists all of my jabs and dates issued by my Doctor at the time of the vacination.  To my mind that is eual or above any artsy fartsy passport.  We were told at the tome to retain the card as proof of having had the jab.  Basically if that does not suit then I will take my money elsewhere. The whole thing is getting silly crazy with a farmer friend hauligna load of scrap metal in a trailer to a scrap merchant. All he needed to do was weigh in and wegh out and they would credit him the amount. Didn't need to leav his cab.  He was refused entry because was not wearing face nappy.  Pathetic.

15 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Many years ago we walked round the old British cemetery in Freetown Sierra Leone reading the gravestones, some from a hundred years before. Hundreds of young colonial workers most of whom had "died of fever" They never had the luxury of vaccination. Probably yellow fever I suspect but the graves catalogued decades of premature death.

Yes, when you think how such virulent diseases like yellow fever, poliomyelitis, small pox, have been tamed or eliminated by vaccination I just don’t understand why there is so much resistance. I suppose it is just how easy it is for false news to be peddled on social media and so many people just take it as truth before checking it or putting their brain in gear and what is probably worse sharing it far and wide.

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have a small credit card sized card which lists all of my jabs and dates issued by my Doctor at the time of the vacination.  To my mind that is eual or above any artsy fartsy passport.  We were told at the tome to retain the card as proof of having had the jab.  Basically if that does not suit then I will take my money elsewhere. The whole thing is getting silly crazy with a farmer friend hauligna load of scrap metal in a trailer to a scrap merchant. All he needed to do was weigh in and wegh out and they would credit him the amount. Didn't need to leav his cab.  He was refused entry because was not wearing face nappy.  Pathetic.

So why wasn't he wearing a mask ?

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

They’re talking now of giving the individual choice of whether they wear a mask or not, which is about time. If any pub ( will be ok in local as they’ve never been too fussed from day one 🙂)  restaurant, shop or whatever insists I wear one then I’ll take my custom elsewhere. 

On 02/07/2021 at 08:56, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have the card with both batch numbers and the dates of my two jabs.

Double jabbed and with proof to go abroad?

No. AFAIK you need the official NHS letter (which as well as in English can be provided by the NHS in a number of other languages such as French) that is free, posted to you, and available after five working days have passed since your second vaccine dose was received.

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

No. AFAIK you need the official NHS letter (which as well as in English can be provided by the NHS in a number of other languages such as French) that is free, posted to you, and available after five working days have passed since your second vaccine dose was received.

Will be spending my cash in the UK then.

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

You can also use the NHS app to show your vaccine passport

So you need to prove your jabbed with a vaccine thats not a vaccine to travel....even when your in said country you can still catch the virus....still spread the virus.....still get sick from the virus........ but as with everything theres an awfull lot of behaviour science behind this its a way of maintaining the compliance for when future lockdown is required.....

Cant help think sheep and flock!!!!

2 hours ago, millrace said:

So you need to prove your jabbed with a vaccine thats not a vaccine to travel....even when your in said country you can still catch the virus....still spread the virus.....still get sick from the virus........ but as with everything theres an awfull lot of behaviour science behind this its a way of maintaining the compliance for when future lockdown is required.....

Cant help think sheep and flock!!!!

100%  and haven't we had a whole host of sheeples?

32 minutes ago, Docleo said:

What did you mean exactly here? 

Vacine...noun....substance used to prompt antibodies to provide immunity......

As far as any scientific paper has shown this jab does not do this rather lessens the affects....if no immunity it aint a vaccine!!

On 02/07/2021 at 08:45, Doc Holliday said:

It is basically saying "If you want to travel abroad then you HAVE to have received one of the recognised vaccines and show proof of it". Am I missing something here? If anyone wants to travel abroad, starting with the wonderful EU it seem

You're seemingly confused by the word passport.  You will need to show proof of vaccination in order to be able to enter countries, not leave the UK.  Other countries' entry requirements is outwith the UK government's control.

Many countries will not accept that piece of card the vaccine centre gives you.  Some will require a letter from the NHS, others will require more hoops to be jumped through.

The EU is of course seeking to punish the UK for going its own way and we now, apparently, have the 'wrong type' of vaccines.  Utter puerile nonsense of the first water, but the usual suspects will lap it up.  Spain, Greece etc might not be so keen.

41 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

can see people too afraid to leave the house and who will continue to wear a mask, despite being fit and healthy. 

And here's the rub.  If you start to look at the mental health picture caused by this lockdown, we are a sick, sick nation, and many people will die unnecessarily, or at least significantly before their time due illnesses brought on by poor mental health, not to mention a complete lack of things humans need, like sunlight and contact with other humans.

16 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

You can also use the NHS app to show your vaccine passport

I think you're confused.  You could, were it accepted by the given country you're travelling to.  Guess what, most countries don't.

You have a choice of insurance providers.

Other than for (non Covid) medical emergencies abroad, travel insurance for reasons you might've had it in the past (cancellations, airlines going bust etc) is essentially useless at the moment.

That's not to say you shouldn't have it for medical cover alone - frankly I'd make it a legal requirement to have it before being allowed to board an aircraft if I were divine ruler  - but then I'd also make it a legal requirement to know certain key phrases in the language of the country you're travelling to, with a written test.  So possibly best ignore my dictatorial tendencies.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You're seemingly confused by the word passport.  You will need to show proof of vaccination in order to be able to enter countries, not leave the UK.  Other countries' entry requirements is outwith the UK government's control.

Many countries will not accept that piece of card the vaccine centre gives you.  Some will require a letter from the NHS, others will require more hoops to be jumped through.

The EU is of course seeking to punish the UK for going its own way and we now, apparently, have the 'wrong type' of vaccines.  Utter puerile nonsense of the first water, but the usual suspects will lap it up.  Spain, Greece etc might not be so keen.

And here's the rub.  If you start to look at the mental health picture caused by this lockdown, we are a sick, sick nation, and many people will die unnecessarily, or at least significantly before their time due illnesses brought on by poor mental health, not to mention a complete lack of things humans need, like sunlight and contact with other humans.

I think you're confused.  You could, were it accepted by the given country you're travelling to.  Guess what, most countries don't.

Your absolutely correct and another point is the huge burden of unprecedented debt during peace we're leaving for our younger generations.