McDonald's

Wymondley

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top result on google for "mcdonalds milkshake ingredients":

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=mcdonalds+milkshake+ingredients

Milkshake Base

EITHER: Allergen Ingredient: Skimmed MILK, Sugar, Cream (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Whey Powder (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Glucose Syrup, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Carob Gum).
OR: Allergen Ingredient: Reconstituted Skimmed MILK, Sugar, Cream (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Allergen Ingredient: Skimmed MILK Powder, Glucose Syrup, Whey Powder (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum), Natural Flavouring.
OR: Allergen Ingredient: MILK (2.9% fat), Sugar, Whey Powder (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Glucose Syrup, Stabilisers (Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum).
OR: Allergen Ingredient: Whole MILK, Allergen Ingredient: Skimmed MILK, Sugar, Whey Powder (Allergen Ingredient: MILK), Glucose Syrup, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Carageenan, Locust Bean Gum).

Strawberry Flavour Milkshake Syrup

Water, Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Strawberry Juice Concentrate (1.6%), Beetroot Juice Concentrate, Acid (Citric Acid), Natural Flavouring, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate).

I had a mate many many years ago who worked there, he did divulge that powdered potato was a small part of the ingredients - for the consistency I believe - but that's obviously not the case now.

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

Looks like it might just be me then!

Definitely not just you, can't stand any of these fast 'food' restaurants. But at a push will eat Burger King, but still would rather not.

1 hour ago, Mr grumpy said:

It's not just you.the food is ****. Milkshakes are good though

Still not worth a visit, their milkshakes have gone way downhill, since I was young.

Edited by Newbie to this

16 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Definitely not just you, can't stand any of these fast 'food' restaurants. But at a push will eat Burger King. But still would rather not.

Still not worth a visit, their milkshakes have gone way downhill, since I was young.

That's because they've taken the lard out 😄

11 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I rarely eat any form of takeaway/fast food as I'd rather take a sandwich, and/or a good pork pie.  Having said that I did have an occasional Little Chef breakfast (you knew what you were getting and there was much worse around.)  There aren't many Little Chefs around now.

I also usually used to have a breakfast at Tebay on my way to Scotland every year, but it's got too busy now - and it was always expensive - though much better than the usual motorway services.

McDonald's is a last resort.  Like Little Chef, you know what you will get - and I have never had anything from either that has made me ill (which is more than you can say for some places!)

Fish and chips I do like as an occasional treat.

We often eat at the A66 Cafe, prior to shoot days, which was formerly a Little Chef, and prior to that a Wimpy. 
There’s Little Chef between Penrith and Rheged, on your way to Keswick, but I haven’t been for years. 
Tebay West is a regular drop in of ours on the way back from Crabtree shooting ground of a Wednesday evening, and Tebay East the same on our way there of a Saturday. Good food in either, as well as Tebay truck stop in the village itself.  We like food. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

We often eat at the A66 Cafe, prior to shoot days, which was formerly a Little Chef, and prior to that a Wimpy. 
There’s Little Chef between Penrith and Rheged, on your way to Keswick, but I haven’t been for years. 
Tebay West is a regular drop in of ours on the way back from Crabtree shooting ground of a Wednesday evening, and Tebay East the same on our way there of a Saturday. Good food in either, as well as Tebay truck stop in the village itself.  We like food. 🙂

Is that  truck stop one still open , think its near Junction  42  M6  . There's a lorry park , with An old house next door , used to get an amazing  breakfast in there . 

Can't remember what it's called .

21 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Is that  truck stop one still open , think its near Junction  42  M6  . There's a lorry park , with An old house next door , used to get an amazing  breakfast in there . 

Used to be the thistle?

Used to use it often when running down to lancashire

Are little chef still going ?, I haven't seen one for years.

I remember having steak and chips in a little chef many years ago . I mainly remember it because I paid about as much for the steak , as I did for the car I was driving .

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

That is Exelby Services ( Golden Fleece ) the most southern M6 exit for Carlisle. 
I think the fuel services is still open, but not sure about the restaurant, but the house has been demolished, which is a great shame; I always thought it a grand building. 

12 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Years ago I worked in a slaughterhouse.  Mcdonalds had their own butcher in there , and the beef they supplied and processed,  was absolutely top quality. 

I could never figure out how they turned it into that xxxxx that they serve over the counter  

Was that B & B?

15 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Are little chef still going ?, I haven't seen one for years.

I remember having steak and chips in a little chef many years ago . I mainly remember it because I paid about as much for the steak , as I did for the car I was driving .

Yep!

15 hours ago, Wymondley said:

My normal "takeaway" intake consists of the occasional fish n chips or sandwich from the village cafe, however this morning I was presented with an unexpected McDonald's for breakfast.

It must be 40 years since I've had anything from a McDonald's.

I couldn't believe what utterly dry, tasteless food it was, like eating cardboard, truly disgusting.

I'm normally the one to hoover up food as I can't stand waste, but I chucked most of this away.

As they appear to do quite well as a business, what makes anyone eat there, is it just the convenience or have people forgotten what real food tastes like?

Or is it me and I'm just a fussy eater?

Once through necessity I sampled their ,'breakfast' your eating cardboard is a just description cant say about their burgers as never tried them.

Blackpowder

13 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I think he might be right about the lard dave. Both of my kids worked at macdonalds when they were at college . Mcdonalds were very open about their products and practices with the staff , and I seem to remember,  lard , and huge amounts of , salt , and sugar , in the milkshakes . That was a few years ago , so things might have changed now.

They used lard in the chips fryers, mixed with peanut oil, until the vegetarians (who up until then happily had eaten the chips as is was the only vegetarian thing on the menu) found out and made them change it.

/Markus

Edited by Nuke

1 hour ago, Scully said:

That is Exelby Services ( Golden Fleece ) the most southern M6 exit for Carlisle. 
I think the fuel services is still open, but not sure about the restaurant, but the house has been demolished, which is a great shame; I always thought it a grand building. 

Many thanks , used to get an amazing breakfast in there , was  the first place I tried Haggis , and loved it  .

31 minutes ago, Nuke said:

They used lard in the chips fryers, mixed with peanut oil, until the vegetarians (who up until then happily had eaten the chips as is was the only vegetarian thing on the menu) found out and made them change it.

/Markus

That would explain why the fries taste of nothing these days. The last I heard ( but it might have changed now) , they were using veggie oil in the fryers , then they use the waste oil to run their lorries. Makes good sense.

16 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/product/strawberry-milkshake-medium.html#accordion-195fbb6d4a-item-fdf905567c

Ingredients of the milkshake. No lard.

Click on menu at the top. Click on the products and it lists ingredients. 

contains ...........strawberry ...1.6%..........very generous

11 minutes ago, yates said:

Complete carp as far as I am concerned. I’m with most so far as I love kfc but loathe the card board burgers served from McDonald’s. Poor working conditions and slave labour 

you would have thought univercity educated labourers would know better......

5 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

McDs is rank stuff, and you’re hungry 20mins later. Avoid.

Their coffee, however, seems to be better than most of the big coffee chains’ efforts, for about half the price.

I also don’t get the fascination people have with T’ebay services. Still overpriced rubbish, just in a slightly nicer setting.

I think the appeal with the three Tebay services is that they provide an alternative to either Burgerking or McDonalds which dominate the M6 services, in Cumbria at least. Todhills, Southwaite, Killington, Forton, all offer nothing more than BK or Costas. 
On our return from Crabtree the other night, I had Macaroni cheese, chips and peas 😋, mate had a full English, but the choice of meals was good. Both were good, albeit as you say, a bit overpriced. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I think the appeal with the three Tebay services is that they provide an alternative to either Burgerking or McDonalds which dominate the M6 services, in Cumbria at least. Todhills, Southwaite, Killington, Forton, all offer nothing more than BK or Costas. 
On our return from Crabtree the other night, I had Macaroni cheese, chips and peas 😋, mate had a full English, but the choice of meals was good. Both were good, albeit as you say, a bit overpriced. 

scully.you have my juices flowing again.....havnt had a maceroni cheese for an age.....think i will do one covered with breadcrumb and thinly sliced tomatoe...slammed under the grill........whats not to like

Just now, ditchman said:

scully.you have my juices flowing again.....havnt had a maceroni cheese for an age.....think i will do one covered with breadcrumb and thinly sliced tomatoe...slammed under the grill........whats not to like

🙂You can’t beat a good macaroni cheese! 👍