Boris

Fisheruk

Well, what an amazing farewell speech! Job well done - Brexit - Pandemic - Ukraine. 👏👏👏 He was the right person in the right place at the right time. With the exuberance of that last speech from Downing Street it just shows the contrast between him and all the “nay sayers” who wanted him to be gone. He will be remembered long after we’ve forgotten others like Laura K.

1 hour ago, Fisheruk said:

Well, what an amazing farewell speech! Job well done - Brexit - Pandemic - Ukraine. 👏👏👏 He was the right person in the right place at the right time. With the exuberance of that last speech from Downing Street it just shows the contrast between him and all the “nay sayers” who wanted him to be gone. He will be remembered long after we’ve forgotten others like Laura K.

Interesting perspective.

As usual, he played a clown and made some good jokes. 

It’s easy to frame yourself in a good light when your the one that wrote the speech 🤣 within minutes they were fact checking his claims and showing them to be untrue. 

A number of his “new hospitals” etc are just a lick of paint or a new wing on old ones. 

I do find Boris quite amusing but his time in power was constantly covered with shady dealings and lies. 

I’m not sure he’s going to be remembered in the positive light the OP has put forward. 

The mere fact his own cronies got sick of the lies and threw him out showed enough was enough. 

26 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

As usual, he played a clown and made some good jokes. 

It’s easy to frame yourself in a good light when your the one that wrote the speech 🤣 within minutes they were fact checking his claims and showing them to be untrue. 

A number of his “new hospitals” etc are just a lick of paint or a new wing on old ones. 

I do find Boris quite amusing but his time in power was constantly covered with shady dealings and lies. 

I’m not sure he’s going to be remembered in the positive light the OP has put forward. 

The mere fact his own cronies got sick of the lies and threw him out showed enough was enough. 

And then there is his Mrs. Very dangerous to the users of this forum.

2 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Well, what an amazing farewell speech! Job well done - Brexit - Pandemic - Ukraine.

Interesting hot take, will however give benefit of doubt and watch speech after work.

However:

Brexit: Delivered worst of all worlds, completely missed opportunity to get rid of ridiculous legislation, shafted NI, civil service 'blob' busily engaged in dreaming up new ways to tax/regulate us even more than the EU ever did.  (see UK REACH, UK's new take on machinery directive, etc)  C grade at best.

Pandemic: Shafted economy, shafted child development, and kept us locked up for 18months for something no deadlier than winter flu.  F.

Ukraine: Funding and prolonging a proxy that has nothing to do with us and will make us all pay economically.   C, as there are certain rock/hard place issues at play here.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Interesting hot take, will however give benefit of doubt and watch speech after work.

However:

Brexit: Delivered worst of all worlds, completely missed opportunity to get rid of ridiculous legislation, shafted NI, civil service 'blob' busily engaged in dreaming up new ways to tax/regulate us even more than the EU ever did.  (see UK REACH, UK's new take on machinery directive, etc)  C grade at best.

Pandemic: Shafted economy, shafted child development, and kept us locked up for 18months for something no deadlier than winter flu.  F.

Ukraine: Funding and prolonging a proxy that has nothing to do with us and will make us all pay economically.   C, as there are certain rock/hard place issues at play here.

This, he has been a total disaster and witty speeches don't pay bills.  His job was to be PM not a stand up act.

47 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i think you will find he made more than  A misstake 

I think I’ve made more than one mistake 🤔😳, haven’t you? 
I still think he was the right person at the right time.

7 minutes ago, Stuarta said:

I hope it is soon

I agree 

7 minutes ago, Stuarta said:

I hope it is soon

I agree 

7 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

The old saying that someone who has never made a mistake, never did anything worthwhile.

Whilst I would wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, when you are (allegedly) a conservative prime minister depriving people of their fundamental civil liberties & shafting the economy on the say so of backside-covering scientists …every fibre of your being should be screaming “this is a mistake”

16 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

That’s why he’s gone, but it doesn’t take away from what he achieved. Reality is if he hadn’t been so foolish he’d still be in No 10

None delivery of Brexit, economy wrecking lock downs, an insane pursuit of Nett Zero, delivery of Vaccines that aren't, record immigration legal and illegal and a huge economic crisis.  Yep he has absolutely smashed it.

The one thing I credit him for is delivering something you could just about call brexit, which compared to anyone else who was in a position to do at that time was alot better, compared to Theresa May he was fantastic. 

But then it's easy to soar like an Eagle when surrounded by dodos!

Politics is broken and needs radical change, which will require the public to vote outside the main partys. 

Edited by 12gauge82

10 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

However:

Yes. I'd even say a D on Ukraine. 

I think most of us accept bosses/leaders/anyone at the very top doesn't work to the same rules nor feed at the same table as 'normal' people. So he broke a few rules meant for ordinary people, many plebs NEED babysitting with rules that are very broad-brushed. And yes he tried to keep a couple of MP's on board - big deal - not in the real world away from political activists. yes he also tried papering over the cracks too - as many a leader might.

He dint cause illegal migrants to hop across the channel - which I think is why a good majority voted for his Brexit attempts. He didn't create Covid 19, he didn't get Cretin to invade Ukraine and he didn't put up petrol, gas and food prices. If cretin escalates his war to this land I'd rather have Boris leading our country than anyone else I can think of right now..

Edited by Dave-G

36 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I think most of us accept bosses/leaders/anyone at the very top doesn't work to the same rules nor feed at the same table as 'normal' people. So he broke a few rules meant for ordinary people, many plebs NEED babysitting with rules that are very broad-brushed. And yes he tried to keep a couple of MP's on board - big deal - not in the real world away from political activists. yes he also tried papering over the cracks too - as many a leader might.

He dint cause illegal migrants to hop across the channel - which I think is why a good majority voted for his Brexit attempts. He didn't create Covid 19, he didn't get Cretin to invade Ukraine and he didn't put up petrol, gas and food prices. If cretin escalates his war to this land I'd rather have Boris leading our country than anyone else I can think of right now..

Jesus!

11 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Whilst I would wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, when you are (allegedly) a conservative prime minister depriving people of their fundamental civil liberties & shafting the economy on the say so of backside-covering scientists …every fibre of your being should be screaming “this is a mistake”

Surely, that's all politicians do nowadays?

Deprive to subjugate?

Instil panic in the sheeple through debt?