Just how much longer will the BBC and ITV keep trotting out the pointless coverage?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Have watched some of the coverage,there are dozens of other channels if you want to watch something else.

ITV and the BBC would be jumped on if they didn't give all the coverage, they can't win can they.

This is history being made,most of us have never lived through a Monarch dying and another coming to the throne, and chances are we will never see it again.

I liked the Queen she was an amazing woman loved by the nation.  Charles and his sons are awful, woke and Political the exact opposite of the Queen.  Most people I would imagine give not a jot for the new generation of Royals who have absolutely no effect on their lives and live in a Taxpayer funded gilded world.

Edited by Weihrauch17

It was the same when Diana died all we had was Diana all day for ages on bbc and itv                                                     the queen deserves all the tv coverage she is getting at the moment she has served us for 70 years and we will never see a queen on the throne again in our lifetime I have enjoyed a lot of the programs about her and her life a remarkable woman  

7 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I liked the Queen she was an amazing woman loved by the nation.  Charles and his sons are awful, woke and Political the exact opposite of the Queen.  Most people I would imagine give not a jot for the new generation of Royals who have absolutely no effect on their lives and live in a Taxpayer funded gilded world.

I have always been a very great admirer of the Queen,  but I haven't always been much of a fan of Charles.  I'm pretty sure that the new King Charles,  will be a very different man to the old Prince of Wales. 

Judging by the way that the crowds greeted the younger royals yesterday , they're more popular than ever , especially the new Prince and Princess of Wales.

I have a solution to tv problems. I just stopped watching tv and gave up my licence. Before that I used to turn it off. 

I have picked out some news on youtube about the Queen and news articles on newsfeed to watch and read. I liked the Queen I think she did a great job. I am sad she has gone. It upset me more than I thought, as did Prince Phillip's death last year.

King Charles will do a great job. He has worked hard on environmental issues, charities, youth projects  and many other things for years. I think a lot of folks don't like him because they liked Dianne and despite it being 1996 when they divorced still hold a grudge against him for that. Since he and Dianne divorced they gave him no credit for anything. 

We won't know how the younger royals will be in the future, but we can't judge young folk on 1950's standards much as we would like to.

It’s strange. Despite it absolutely detesting every other British institution or tradition- including ones they created - when a senior royal dies the BBC seemingly loses its mind & decides wall to wall coverage is what’s called for. Somehow forgetting or ignoring how completely at odds it is with their normal output.

Regardless of your views on either the BBC or the monarchy, if we’re truly honest with ourselves, neither institution will survive intact. Fundamental change to both firms is coming. Hope they embrace it.

12 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Just turn it off and go shooting, simple.

This.

The Queen gave her whole life in service to this country. So I think she deserves all the coverage she gets.

Perhaps those who can't do without their episodes of Eastenders and Strictly should seek help for thier sad loss.

Or watch some reruns on the I player to lesson the trauma.

RIP YOUR MAJESTY 

God save the King.

14 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Don't worry, the media will do their best to destroy him.

38 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how on earth can they drive for 6 hrs from Balmoral to Edinburgh...........without stopping for a wee..........amazing...i would have to stop at least twice for a cuppa and a burger and a wee..........very impressed..:good:

Stopped at Brechin, just passed me by at Carse of Gowrie

MOV_0663_exported_13783.jpg

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how on earth can they drive for 6 hrs from Balmoral to Edinburgh...........without stopping for a wee..........amazing...i would have to stop at least twice for a cuppa and a burger and a wee..........very impressed..:good:

Change of drivers maybe? pop bottle?

Mind you, could you imagine the look on peoples faces if they pulled up at the services for a burger, tea and wee. :)

Watching with the wife for 5 and a half hours we watched as they drove threw the scottish countryside and we knew most of the drive , Then the moment it gets to fife and we where looking for local landmarks it jumps to Edinbrugh 

11 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

I don't own a TV, but it's the same on the radio.

Not everyone cares about the Royal family, I certainly don't.

I dont bother about the royal family but i think this will be the start of a change coming i dont think Charles will every be as popular as his mother  i think a lot of people lost faith after Diania 

7 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

i think this will be the start of a change coming i dont think Charles will every be as popular as his mother  i think a lot of people lost faith after Diania 

Lin and myself said the same thing this morning.  

The public absolutely love Prince William and his wife , let's just hope that King Charles doesn't ruin things , before William gets a chance. 

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

The public absolutely love Prince William and his wife , let's just hope that King Charles doesn't ruin things , before William gets a chance. 

Funny thats what i said to my wife but she is doubtful of change and i reckon at 73 does charles need the job ? he could of stood down for William who i think the public like .But the wife says he would need to move abroad but at 73 living somewhere warm would that be a hardship ?i dont think hes going to be in the job long but the wife says he could last another 20 years ?. 

3 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I can't see how he will, he's almost just letting William get ready for the position,  enjoy his young family with less pressure for longer before becoming the next king.