harrycatcat1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, London Best said:

My pet hate is people who cannot Express theirselves without saying ‘like’ every other word.

My Father hates this, goes off on for an hour when someone does it, same with 'wee, as in a 'wee' cup of tea etc.

So we just do it on purpose now. 😄

In architecture “schedule” is a frequently used word. Not many people can pronounce it correctly, which does grate upon me. The misuse and abuse of apostrophes also frustrates me, some of the above posts on pedantry... I can only presume these were written in jest. I never use the word “kids” to describe my children or any others, I find it quite  a vulgar arrival into our language. Being heavily dyslexic has meant I’ve had to work hard to use even basic written English, I find it disrespectful that other people are so lazy in communication. 

We all make mistakes and must offer leniency in our judgement of others as we will have inadvertently pushed their button in our own unwitting transgressions. 

7 minutes ago, London Best said:

Written down, I hate to see ‘must of done’ instead of must’ve done (shortened form of ‘must have done’). 
That’s not laziness, it’s just people who don’t know any better.

Throughout a conversation/monologue multiple times interrupted by "you know".

1 hour ago, Boybrit said:

Throughout a conversation/monologue multiple times interrupted by "you know".

Hhahhahahhhaa...............when i meet people who use "you know" throughout their conversation....i mentally count the times i hear it...and often it accounts for more than 15% of their vocabulary

I think a large part of in depth schooling that us oldies received has been replaced with easier, wet alternative subjects that children may find more interesting or agreeable.

Most of us walked to and from school but these days most are driven to school: creating massively higher traffic flows and parking issues whilst the parents and children don't realise an important missing part of learning is the social development in the walk to and from schools.

5 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Look, I’m not being funny like, but ‘whatever’. 

Anyways. So, back to what colour should cartridges really be? 

SOOooo ! OMG Well like red  - Yeah ?

34 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I think a large part of in depth schooling that us oldies received has been replaced with easier, wet alternative subjects that children may find more interesting or agreeable.

Most of us walked to and from school but these days most are driven to school: creating massively higher traffic flows and parking issues whilst the parents and children don't realise an important missing part of learning is the social development in the walk to and from schools.

and Dave getting up to no good - Not being overly naughty just messing about ( falling out of tree's etc ) messing around the beck. catching cray fish bull heads 

building dens  - collecting conkers the list goes on and on !

Just to add at 52 still pick up conkers while out walking with the dog

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

48 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

but we didn’t live in a country full of pedophiles or risk other children stabbing us grand child takes my dirty polluting diesel and happy to get parking tickets his safety comes first 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

but we didn’t live in a country full of pedophiles or risk other children stabbing us grand child takes my dirty polluting diesel and happy to get parking tickets his safety comes first 

You will find they were all around you back then too.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

Mine get the dirty polluting BUS !!! 

I think the Pedos were always there and the stabbing just we get to find out about this these days