Confessions...

chrisjpainter

In a little while, I'm going to have to tell my friend that their online play was great. It isn't great. It's a long way from great. I think great Is a station that this train just ain't stopping at. It's not even on the right line.

But if I don't say it's great, she will be utterly miserable. It's a small thing, so I'll suck it up and pretend it was great.

Anyone else got anything similar? Assuming, of course, owning up here won't risk it getting back to anyone...important

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

But if I don't say it's great, she will be utterly miserable. It's a small thing, so I'll suck it up and pretend it was great.

Wrong thing for the right reason, it's generally a winner. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

I play games online and I've convinced a guy in Dorset that I'm a woman.

No one needs that in their head...

7 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

In a little while, I'm going to have to tell my friend that their online play was great. It isn't great. It's a long way from great. I think great Is a station that this train just ain't stopping at. It's not even on the right line.

Anyone else got anything similar? Assuming, of course, owning up here won't risk it getting back to anyone...important

Similar position with my son, has been making music for the last year or two, some of it isnt very good [in my opinion] I tend to praise the good bits and suggest other bits need work.. 

Hello, I can only remember one time many many years ago when I was invited to the old watermill theatre near Newbury to watch a play with a then lady friend, I found it totally boring, but did the usual smile and laugh when needed, at the end she asked, did you enjoy that, Yes Dear 🤔🙄😁

9 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I gave a friend a Fallow liver last week and she brought round some pate she had made from it. It was so strong we found it inedible. We don’t eat liver but we both enjoy a mild pate. I am dreading the lady asking us if we enjoyed it.

Pleasantly surprised and off the hook!

It was terrible - but she knew it too! So we agreed it was all the writer's fault and moved on.

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I play games online and I've convinced a guy in Dorset that I'm a woman.

I wonder if that is the guy who lives next door to us. He lives with his mum and at 1am can be heard yelling and swearing at his computer as he gets shot, blown up kidnapped etc...

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Pleasantly surprised and off the hook!

It was terrible - but she knew it too! So we agreed it was all the writer's fault and moved on.

I wonder if that is the guy who lives next door to us. He lives with his mum and at 1am can be heard yelling and swearing at his computer as he gets shot, blown up kidnapped etc...

Was that Friday night? If so then, yes, that was me. But I wasn't on my computer (sent from A&E Dorset County Hospital)

I told that Mr Michelangelo that...in a previous life when I was Pope Julius II. There he was, with his pots and his paints in the Sistine Chapel and I told him straight. His painting was rubbish furthermore I doubted very few people would want to actually look at it even. But as were some stains up in the roof there, and that I'd already paid him, and he said he wasn't wanting to give me the money back, he might as well paint it on the ceiling and be done with it rather than get somebody else in.

Edited by enfieldspares

a similar theme by all us "happily married Chaps on here "

"Does my Bum look big in this ....... ? " knowing that the time taken to respond is as likely to land you in bother as the response itself !

in my Head  " yes eating chocolate and sitting on the sofa tends to do that !"

in real life quickly try and change the subject to " have you any shoes that will go with that ?"

Agriv8

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

I HAVNT A CLUE WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT .....IS.....SUGGESTS....ELUDES TO ....

christ pigeonwatch is getting seriously weird...:no:

Just take a large glass of Shiraz and all will be clear. Then take another one and it will be a fond memory.