Why Couldn't She Just Answer the Question?

TIGHTCHOKE

My guess it's just another example of an over sensitive individual due to the constant stream of everyone's a racist we're fed by the deep state these days. 

What ever happened to judging people by their intent rather than their actions and if someone accidentally offends you, just accept an apology and forget about it. 

Society is becoming very sad imo. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What an absolute fuss over nothing;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63810468

I am fairly sure...that is a form of Dementia raising its ugly head....there are many forms of Dementia...but many of them start off in very strange ways...people say things and have no understanding as to why they are saying things that cause offence.........i have witnessed this sort of behavior many times with people in the early stages of this desease...........

it would be correct if ALL the news services investigate this incident ...with the qualified people around them ...before this act goes nuclear...

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I am fairly sure...that is a form of Dementia raising its ugly head....there are many forms of Dementia...but many of them start off in very strange ways...people say things and have no understanding as to why they are saying things that cause offence.........i have witnessed this sort of behavior many times with people in the early stages of this desease...........

it would be correct if ALL the news services investigate this incident ...with the qualified people around them ...before this act goes nuclear...

That's a really good point. I just watched the clip and that would certainly fir the bill. 

Good post.

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

Very good point. 

The problem these days is people argoing from zero to screaming racism at the drop of a hat, not that she lacked understanding, or stuck her foot in her mouth, or is elderly, or your very astute point above. Strait to she's racist. This country is never going to get along, with people feeling included and able to fit in, whilst a storm is being whipped up claiming everyones a closet racist, it simply isn't true and does nothing but damage our society with resentment and suspicion. I find it very sad. 

I heard the offended lady being interviewed this morning.

She said Lady H had attempted to clarify by saying her people came from France (she was born Waldegrave, which sounds a bit French), so I think Lady H was trying, in a clumsy way, to find out where offended lady's family originated from.

Having said that, you'd think that as someone involved in talking to people on behalf of the sovereign she'd be a bit more sensitive. 

2 minutes ago, Townie said:

Having said that, you'd think that as someone involved in talking to people on behalf of the sovereign she'd be a bit more sensitive. 

I think that some of the 'standard questions' are things like "where are you from", "who are you representing today" etc.  Lady H (possibly due to being elderly, maybe a bit deaf, maybe 'old age issues' as mentioned above) was a bit clumsy in questions.  She has apologised in full and resigned.  I am quite sure she did not intend to offend.

I also heard the interview (R4) with the 'offended lady'.  She is apparently 'still processing' the incident (and I don't know what that can mean).  I was left with the impression that she was almost looking to be offended and looking to see how she can maximise coverage/publicity which is very unfortunate bearing in mind a full apology has been given and the 'alleged offender' has resigned her position.

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think that some of the 'standard questions' are things like "where are you from", "who are you representing today" etc.  Lady H (possibly due to being elderly, maybe a bit deaf, maybe 'old age issues' as mentioned above) was a bit clumsy in questions.  She has apologised in full and resigned.  I am quite sure she did not intend to offend.

I also heard the interview (R4) with the 'offended lady'.  She is apparently 'still processing' the incident (and I don't know what that can mean).  I was left with the impression that she was almost looking to be offended and looking to see how she can maximise coverage/publicity which is very unfortunate bearing in mind a full apology has been given and the 'alleged offender' has resigned her position.

Yes, I was a bit baffled about the 'processing'. Also raised an eyebrow at the opening comments which suggested offence at having her hair moved to see a name badge. 

The closing comments about the important thing being the women and girls affected by domestic violence (couldn't agree more) derailed to my mind by the rest of the interview describing how offended she felt.

17 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I must have missed something. I didn't think she had played the race card.

Her twitter account would suggest otherwise by all accounts; evidently Prince Charles and Camila are responsible for domestic violence against Megan Markle.

Looks like 'form' to me.

Just now, Penelope said:

Her twitter account would suggest otherwise by all accounts; evidently Prince Charles and Camila are responsible for domestic violence against Megan Markle.

Looks like 'form' to me.

I hadn't bothered to look, but suspected that might be the case.  It was definitely my impression from her radio interview that she was 'looking to be offended'.

I don't know what briefing she (the offended lady) would have had before hand, but on the only occasion I have met senior Royalty - we had a brief from an aide in advance on how to address, how to respond, what not to do/say etc.  It was intended to avoid any embarrassment/awkward moments on either side and in my view very sensible.

1 hour ago, Townie said:

I heard the offended lady being interviewed this morning.

She said Lady H had attempted to clarify by saying her people came from France (she was born Waldegrave, which sounds a bit French), so I think Lady H was trying, in a clumsy way, to find out where offended lady's family originated from.

Exactly, with a bit of aristocratic clumsiness.

The fact that the Lady is 83 years old probably played some part in the episode.
The fact that the offended was dressed up in what appears to be an exotic national costume definitely contributed.

Its a classic case of, "if I can be offended then I will be".
Also, good publicity for the "Charity", which nobody had ever heard of.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I hadn't bothered to look, but suspected that might be the case.  It was definitely my impression from her radio interview that she was 'looking to be offended'.

I don't know what briefing she (the offended lady) would have had before hand, but on the only occasion I have met senior Royalty - we had a brief from an aide in advance on how to address, how to respond, what not to do/say etc.  It was intended to avoid any embarrassment/awkward moments on either side and in my view very sensible.

Reported on a news channel this morning.

1 minute ago, Cranfield said:

The fact that the Lady is 83 years old probably played some part in the episode.
The fact that the offended was dressed up in what appears to be an exotic national costume definitely contributed.

Its a classic case of, "if I can be offended then I will be".
Also, good publicity for the "Charity", which nobody had ever heard of.

Another angle, given that she maybe a Markle sympathiser, is that The Prince and Princess of Wales are in the states for a climate beano and the other two are up for an award for saying that the Royal family are racist.

25 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

I also hope there is someone who will give Lady Susan a big hug, just imagine how upset and confused she will be over all this.
She shouldn't have been put in this minefield that most of us struggle to navigate.

yup this ................if people stop and think...that lady susan has been helping and hosting this sort of event for over 60 years without insult until now...then someting must be wrong..with my experience of dealing with dementia...if this conversation had progressed ..lady susan would have got very angry and short tempered....i bet now she has been moved on and her mind has cleared she would have been totally mortified at what she said..........also remember that ladys -in-waiting...are known for their tact and good sense.......

i fear this is not going to end well.........

dementia is terribly damaging to the sufferer and to all the people around the sufferer...............ask me ....i know....i have seen all my family and friends disintergrate as a result of it

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

yup this ................if people stop and think...that lady susan has been helping and hosting this sort of event for over 60 years without insult until now...then someting must be wrong..with my experience of dealing with dementia...if this conversation had progressed ..lady susan would have got very angry and short tempered....i bet now she has been moved on and her mind has cleared she would have been totally mortified at what she said..........also remember that ladys -in-waiting...are known for their tact and good sense.......

i fear this is not going to end well.........

dementia is terribly damaging to the sufferer and to all the people around the sufferer...............ask me ....i know....i have seen all my family and friends disintergrate as a result of it

IMO the insult was a perceived one by someone on the look out for one, and with their own agenda.

Whilst I was initially sympathetic to the "offended" lady, I have been forced to rethink. She is now complaining that Buckingham Palace have not "reached out" to her. 

The person concerned resigned. Just what does this individual expect? Some sort of financial settlement, an honour?

Sadly, I now view her as an attention seeker, who wants her 15 minutes of fame.