Browning Legia spray‘lubricant’ ?

Piers Austin

Hi, please has anybody bought and used the Browning Legia spray for gun maintenance and used it? How do you rate it? Would or do you use it on the stock or wood work? I have always given my wood the traditional wipe over with linseed oil but maybe am old fashioned. As for metal work, barrels and action etc they say spray it on leave for 5 mins then wipe off, do we agree? Thanks and appreciate any feedback before I buy. 

Used Legia on various guns for years. I try not to get it on the wood, but it doesn't seem to matter if the odd bit does get on. I tend to spray on and wipe off / distribute around barrels and action. Sometimes I spray into barrels and leave it there (but I store my guns barrel down just in case anything dribbles out - it won't go into the stock).

21 hours ago, Bungle The Bear said:

I used to use Leiga but I find Napier is far better, I use it for everything stock action barrels 

Can I ask what you find better with the Napier product?

guns I use regular get a light stay and wipe down with the legia spray 

game gun get a good clean light spray and left before a wipe down before a few rounds down the clay ground before next season.

Even fire some on the chokes now and again!

Agriv8

I use CCL stock conditioning oil on oiled stocks, but the Legia spray on metalwork is great.

A quick squirt down the barrels, wipe over the action and then I find the barrels clean very easily with just a pass through or two with kitchen roll.

Any remaining leading is easily dealt with by a phosphor bronze brush before the final pass through of kitchen roll. Legia seems to work very well on all the muck from cartridges. 

On 21/01/2023 at 12:40, Agriv8 said:

Can I ask what you find better with the Napier product?

guns I use regular get a light stay and wipe down with the legia spray 

game gun get a good clean light spray and left before a wipe down before a few rounds down the clay ground before next season.

Even fire some on the chokes now and again!

Agriv8

I just find it removes barrel fouling far better, and leaves a far better finish than legia, if used sparingly, I did really like the old green legia though 

• 1 month later...

used both napier and legia both good  but i only use it for barrel cleaning now. after use my guns now get a wipe down with  lucas gun oil from a dropper bottle on a rag now.

not for everyday use but for guns that are going into deep storage or out in extreme conditions i use renaissance wax.  someone on here recomended it for blued steel on the saltmarsh and my gun was and still is spotless.  according to the tin its what the british museum uses for protecting metal,wood,leather,marble and paintings.