Name change CTSA from CPSA

sishyplops

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Mr.T said:

Bet there’s no evidence that a company would have sponsored the CPSA if the name was different. Would suggest that it’s someone’s excuse for lack of sponsorship, need to get better marketing and management team, not waste member’s money on changing the name. 

You may well be right I doubt we'll find out one way or another 👍

On 16/01/2023 at 22:06, enfieldspares said:

How come I can eat rockfish but I can't eat clay pigeons? Back in the day when live pigeon shooting was banned they used, instead, glass balls filled with feathers. Thus the famous at the time Bogardus Ball Trap. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Bogardus

https://traphof.org/artifacts/history-of-glass-target-balls

But the came clay targets. As they were cheaper and didn't litter the ground with glass unlike Bogardus's balls. And why would they be called clay pigeons rather than clay balls? I don't know. But for sure yet back in the day Bogardus's invention weren't called glass pigeons so there was no "wokery" then just they were called what they were called. I see calling them clay targets closer in spirit to Bogardus's choosing to call his live pigeon substitute "balls" rather than (glass) "pigeons" in fact.

Anyway I wrote this on my invitation to comment:

Rock salmon locally.

I honestly believe that this is a total waste of money.

Who really cares ?

A shooting person will immediately understand that a 'pigeon' is a clay and the objectionable 'greenie' is never going to join the association in a month of Sundays.

So why bother wasting financial resources on such a waste of time.

The money would be far better spent on fighting the proposed ban on lead shot usage.

On 18/01/2023 at 06:00, Robden said:

What about "wood pigeon"??  Just saying. 😁

Needs to be changed, asap.

The word 'Wood' has taint's of masculinity attached, so is therefore 'patriarchal' and needs to be swapped for something more inclusive, progressive and gender neutral.

On 24/01/2023 at 10:47, Peter Harris said:

I honestly believe that this is a total waste of money.

Who really cares ?

A shooting person will immediately understand that a 'pigeon' is a clay and the objectionable 'greenie' is never going to join the association in a month of Sundays.

So why bother wasting financial resources on such a waste of time.

The money would be far better spent on fighting the proposed ban on lead shot usage.

Well said Peter.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

Thread slip or what.

I will ask again as so many posters failed to own up.

Just how many of you are actually paid up Members of the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association?

I admit to no longer being a member as I am a Life Member of BASC. However I can recall in 2002, as the then Merseyside Rep., travelling for some 2 hours to Harrogate, to sit in a Northern Region meeting, trying to stay awake whilst this very subject was raised and debated for the entire blooming meeting. It was as relevant then as it is now, nothing but an entire waste of time and more importantly MONEY  !

I hardly think lifestyle brands who object to being associated with shooting because of guns will suddenly find the sport palatable because they are shooting at clay targets not clay pigeons. It's the guns not the name of the thing they shoot at brands fear. 

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

Thread slip or what.

Just how many of you are actually paid up Members of the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association?

Having been a member of the CPSA, BASC, NGO, SRA and the NPA at one time or another ( and at times more than one ) I can state I’m not a member of any shooting organisation now. 

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

Thread slip or what.

Me since the mid 70's. The name should've been changed donkeys years ago before all this woke clap trap came along. 

On 02/02/2023 at 23:09, PhilR said:

Me since the mid 70's. The name should've been changed donkeys years ago before all this woke clap trap came along. 

Well Phil, I reckon we’ve both heard all this for so long now. So they are not pigeons and not even made of clay. Total re think on a name I reckon. 😂

Edited by Les53