Missing dog walker Nicola Bulley

Mungler

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ditchman said:

we are all going to look very silly if she has ...gone off to a new life with a lover or doing  a "stonehouse" for the money

this is all very strange indeed .......i do wonder how this is all going to end ?

It will end as a closed investigation with no answers.

22 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Saw a bit on tv yesterday the experts are saying watch the husband he's showing no emotion  

If she went into the water the dog would have followed her 

the water the police are searching is 18 inches to 2 foot deep his company would of put a drone up and searched a larger area quicker 

Possibly doesn't have the same  media impact?

Well, there is a program on the at the moment. .9 to..10 ish on Fri 10th.  Pretty in depth analysis of all the nown facts.  Apparently the police were invited to be part of the program. ..  BUT they  have declined. ??????   Why.?  Do they think that they are above the public.?  As an aside though there are in the region of 3 to 4 hundred thousand people who are reported missing  IN THIS COUNTRY every year. !!!!

35 minutes ago, Minky said:

Well, there is a program on the at the moment. .9 to..10 ish on Fri 10th.  Pretty in depth analysis of all the nown facts.  Apparently the police were invited to be part of the program. ..  BUT they  have declined. ??????   Why.?  Do they think that they are above the public.?  As an aside though there are in the region of 3 to 4 hundred thousand people who are reported missing  IN THIS COUNTRY every year. !!!!

What would be the point? They'd only state the facts, which are known already. They're not going to dive headlong into conjecture, or say whether they suspect a crime's been committed, or if they think she's actually now in Aruba - or if they're approaching the point where they are stuck for ideas. 

It's probably best that anyone running the operation is actually out there, running the operation, not stuck in a studio somewhere infuriating the public because they can't give the answers the public thinks it deserves. 

Husband has come out in the news today to say he doesn’t think she went into the water and he wants all other lines of investigation kept open…..

He probably shouldn’t be second guessing the police or discussing his views in public, right? (Insert shaking head here).

Does anyone still think we shouldn’t be discussing this or the police decision to focus on their ‘theory’ she went into the water, thereby closing off all other lines of enquiry and public assistance / awareness?

I increasingly find this forum stocked full of some very thick people who are only too happy to entirely switch off their brains, turn off any enquiring thought or go against the Daily Mail or what they are told. The situation to hand isn’t about some massive conspiracy - but it raises a number of questions which should be discussed and considered.

There we go.

97D6D1F7-18C4-43D7-9675-4D5FC380BF77.jpeg

Edited by Mungler

i think the reason everyone finds this so intrigueing is that so much money and resources have been thrown at this case without a sniff of what may have happened................most of the folk on here have their own theroy at what may have happened but wont post it out of respect for the case......

the most awful thing is the "left in limbo" for the children.......i must admit i would be totally stunned and distraught if she was my wife.....

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I can understand why the Police would decline to take part. It's an ongoing investigation and they will inevitably come in for some stick, as they don't have a result. 

Whilst I have reservations about how they have proceeded, let them get on with their job.

The police can't share information they might later need in court. Similarly they can't reveal what they know if they have suspicions in another direction 

A different perspective on the husbands lack of emotion :-  In 2016 I went with my father to the hospital to receive confirmation of terminal cancer and a prognosis of 4 weeks if we are lucky….on hearing that I went numb, emotion disappeared, for everything, my fiancé/my children / my life. My only concern was keeping a straight face on it to support my dad through what must have been hell on earth, we had two weeks, and then I had to keep a straight face on it for  my dads mum and brothers/ my siblings  and their children and deal with his estate and funeral and everything that goes with someone passing away. It took me a good six months to a year for it all to sink in and process what had actually happened. Once I’d finished “my duty” to everyone else.I started to wake up from the numbness and complete lack of emotion.  So.  whilst I may be completely wrong I don’t think that pointing fingers at a man that’s shown no emotion is justified, I’d  hazard  a guess at the guy has gone into involuntary survival mode to protect himself and his children. I know how hard it was for me when that numbness came over me and I didn’t have cameras and journalists and half the population in my face I can only imagine how he must be feeling!  Deer in the headlights springs to mind. 

22 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

A different perspective on the husbands lack of emotion :-  In 2016 I went with my father to the hospital to receive confirmation of terminal cancer and a prognosis of 4 weeks if we are lucky….on hearing that I went numb, emotion disappeared, for everything, my fiancé/my children / my life. My only concern was keeping a straight face on it to support my dad through what must have been hell on earth, we had two weeks, and then I had to keep a straight face on it for  my dads mum and brothers/ my siblings  and their children and deal with his estate and funeral and everything that goes with someone passing away. It took me a good six months to a year for it all to sink in and process what had actually happened. Once I’d finished “my duty” to everyone else.I started to wake up from the numbness and complete lack of emotion.  So.  whilst I may be completely wrong I don’t think that pointing fingers at a man that’s shown no emotion is justified, I’d  hazard  a guess at the guy has gone into involuntary survival mode to protect himself and his children. I know how hard it was for me when that numbness came over me and I didn’t have cameras and journalists and half the population in my face I can only imagine how he must be feeling!  Deer in the headlights springs to mind. 

100% well said.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think the reason everyone finds this so intrigueing is that so much money and resources have been thrown at this case without a sniff of what may have happened................most of the folk on here have their own theroy at what may have happened but wont post it out of respect for the case......

the most awful thing is the "left in limbo" for the children.......i must admit i would be totally stunned and distraught if she was my wife.....

Absolutely,  we've had search teams in the woods behind us twice and it's ended the same way, but never this level of publicity or resources involved,  but they were missing young men, not a mum which makes it so much stranger. 

36 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Spot on.

21 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

I was like that when my mother died. You just bottle it up and get on with what has to be done day to day

I understand the 'abandoned' house (which is not abandoned and has local owners) has been searched fully by police with the owners full co-operation and has had to be 'protected' by police as loads of amateurs are trying to search there.  see https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11730767/Amateur-sleuths-stopped-searching-abandoned-house-missing-mother-Nicola-Bulley.html

The Police are now searching for two men and a red van, all of which were reported to them as suspicious, before she went missing. 

It makes a mockery of Sally Riley ruling out, almost ridiculing, the possibility of any other person being involved. She could almost have been aiming her remarks at Mungler, given some of the comments on here.

On 11/02/2023 at 08:21, Mungler said:

I increasingly find this forum stocked full of some very thick people who are only too happy to entirely switch off their brains, turn off any enquiring thought or go against the Daily Mail or what they are told.

I didn't see the programme so I have to use secondary sources like the one you used. 

He said that he listened to the experts and formed the opinion that she isn't in the water. My thoughts are why he didn't take into account the police?

He then surmises that it is a local person is responsible for her disappearance. That is problematic as there seem to be lots of local people in the dog walking area near the river and a busy road nearby that has had lots of people with placards about it since it happened along with national news coverage. The road seems to be a main drag between Garstang/M6 and Poulton/Blackpool and it was just after the school run. He even shoots his theory in the foot by saying: "You see the same faces every single day, and on the very odd occasion when you see somebody that you know, you don't know. They stand out like a sore thumb." Also he said "He believes the discovery of her phone on a bench could be just a 'decoy'." 

So either he has done her in or he's totally overthinking it (naturally) and she drowned. 

What's your suggestion Andy?