Mouse trap bait

sutty2006

Hi folks. I currently have mice/shrew/vermin getting into my unit, climbing up my classic car that’s covered up and using the roof as a toilet. I’ve put traps down but they don’t seam interested in the Nutella I’ve put on them. Any idea what they like moments before death? 

3BCD96AC-676E-4D2F-BD1F-A1B58E2C4E4F.jpeg

Crunchy Peanut Butter, cheapest you can find.

Mice run along the edge of things, out in the middle of a bonnet won't do it really.
Put small amount of bait near to the trap too, jusyt a couple of little bits.

Edited by miki

6 minutes ago, miki said:

Crunchy Peanut Butter, cheapest you can find.

Mice run along the edge of things, out in the middle of a bonnet won't do it really.
Put small amount of bait near to the trap too, jusyt a couple of little bits.

It’s strange that it/they have picked the roof of my car to take a dump on. I did clear it all off but you can still see the patches of urine next to the traps.. will go up in a week and take some peanut butter to try. 

Just plain old cheese sorted my mouse problems. Just baited 2 traps for 3 nights without setting them, couple of bits around the traps too. Once they were emptying the traps, I set them. Job done. I have left bits of cheese on the floor around the workshop, but they remain untouched.

Thanks all. I’ll try a Mars bar and some peanut butter first. Then if that doesn’t work I’ll get a better trap. 

its a converted cattle barn, that’s now my workshop. The walls aren’t sealed between units currently. No livestock on site anymore. There used to be a cat on site but I’ve not seen it in a while. Must have retired. 

36 minutes ago, Ratmanwan said:

If it's just on the roof and nowhere else check for bats. Rub one of the droppings to see if it crumbles , if it does its probably a bat.

Interesting theory. Just googled “bat droppings” and they look identical to the ones I’ve brushed off the roof. I’ll definitely be checking that out next time I go up there. 

I've had great success in my sheds and greenhouses (4o+) over the last 6 months using pumpkin seeds as bait set on cheap 3 for a £1 traps from the One stop Beyond discount shop,

the traps are still set but have not been triggered in the last month ,so I'm assuming the mice have moved on now its warmed up .