Is England Going Into A Two Tier Policing System

Bigbob

Watching the tea time news and there was a big bit on shoplifting and how brazen the shoplifters  are they where even stealing stuff in front of the film crew and how the shops where fed up with it , So now a few shops are chipping in to pay for there own police , but the worry is these police will only attend to the shops that pay there wages , and the other shops that cant or wont chip in are saying they will be getting a second class service as when they report shoplifters the police take ages to attend even when staff are threatened with knifes etc  and by then the shoplifters are long gone 

1 minute ago, Bigbob said:

Watching the tea time news and there was a big bit on shoplifting and how brazen the shoplifters  are they where even stealing stuff in front of the film crew and how the shops where fed up with it , So now a few shops are chipping in to pay for there own police , but the worry is these police will only attend to the shops that pay there wages , and the other shops that cant or wont chip in are saying they will be getting a second class service as when they report shoplifters the police take ages to attend even when staff are threatened with knifes etc  and by then the shoplifters are long gone 

Yes and policing in this country is broken and ineffective.

They've basically gone woke and completely risk averse.

There was a lad i know very well he’s 80 left his house keys with car key in his front door for no more than 5minutes when he realised ha man with kids walked past took his keys neighbour had it on camera he knows where the thef lives rang police they said there is nothing we can do the lad has his car i the garage he is petrified that he gets his car nicked and house burgled on the front of police cars up here they have across the bonnet proud to protect absolute joke

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the days of Dixon of Dock Green are long gone🤔 ,a report on the news of police abuse and body cameras  3 ? officers holding down a young black lady 🤔🙄

Two points due to the way the MSM behave.

1  It would be interesting to see and hear the footage before that shown.

2  would it have made the news if  the subject was of another ethnicity?

12 hours ago, Bigbob said:

All part of the left's agenda. You think it's bad here; have a look at how it's panning out in the states. Riotous shoplifting is almost encouraged, or so it would appear.

2 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Going like the health service by the sound of it! Never mind all the taxes we pay we have to pay privately for policing too..

Really?  Had heart issues diagnosed last October, heart surgery in November, 3 months in hospital (2 in intensive care), back in with a potentially lethal virus in March for 8 days. Went to MK hospital this Monday for Cardiology check up, called for ECG etc within 2 minutes then another less than 2 minute wait to see the Consultant. Which bit is broken?, I have found, during my lifetime, the NHS nothing less than outstanding.

8 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Really?  Had heart issues diagnosed last October, heart surgery in November, 3 months in hospital (2 in intensive care), back in with a potentially lethal virus in March for 8 days. Went to MK hospital this Monday for Cardiology check up, called for ECG etc within 2 minutes then another less than 2 minute wait to see the Consultant. Which bit is broken?, I have found, during my lifetime, the NHS nothing less than outstanding.

My limited experience of the NHS is that if you need anything urgently you get it right now.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the days of Dixon of Dock Green are long gone🤔 ,a report on the news of police abuse and body cameras  3 ? officers holding down a young black lady 🤔🙄

I've just read that article.   It  seems that the police are totally unnecessary.   My older sister had xyz get over the garden fence and break in to her garden shed and take stuff.  She rang plod and she was told to make a list of stuff taken and to claim on the insurance  on crime report number xyz.. !  The next time it happened the perps were in the shed..... eventually she managed to get through and was told that officers were on the way.  An hour later she could hear sirens in the distance .  The perps left the property.!  Plod said there wasn't anyone there.!  SHERLOCK STRIKES AGAIN.  A total waste of ratepayers money.

58 minutes ago, Minky said:

I've just read that article.   It  seems that the police are totally unnecessary.   My older sister had xyz get over the garden fence and break in to her garden shed and take stuff.  She rang plod and she was told to make a list of stuff taken and to claim on the insurance  on crime report number xyz.. !  The next time it happened the perps were in the shed..... eventually she managed to get through and was told that officers were on the way.  An hour later she could hear sirens in the distance .  The perps left the property.!  Plod said there wasn't anyone there.!  SHERLOCK STRIKES AGAIN.  A total waste of ratepayers money.

I honestly don't think the police as an organisation want to catch people in the act of crime anymore, they've become almost a bureaucratic organisation, but then can you blame the officers on the ground, they take action and look what happens, you only need to read the thread on that police shooting to see the trouble it can cause them.

Here's a good example 

Moped crime in London was getting totally out of hand with criminals knowing the police wouldn't touch them on a bike for fear of injuring them. It got so bad it was reaching epic proportions, at which point a joint decision by home sec and police seemed to be made and for a week the police used tactical contact (I think it was a polite phrase for rammed) them off their bikes. Moped crime was cut instantly somewhere between a third and half overnight.

Sometime later many of the officers who made 'tactical contact' with the bike criminals were heavily investigated. Is it any wonder we have a police force motivated not to tackle crime.

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Got an NHS dentist ?

6 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Going like the health service by the sound of it! Never mind all the taxes we pay we have to pay privately for policing too..

Sounds like an easy way to get locked up?

Hopefully only ever one force, sadly controlled in the same way as the general population? By completely the unaccountable?

Edited by old man

4 hours ago, London Best said:

My limited experience of the NHS is that if you need anything urgently you get it right now.

Following my ambulance ride to hospital in December last year and a ten  day stay also weekly visits all I can say is the nursing staff are 100% the admin stinks with multiple texts and letters all contradicting themselves including two phone calls in the same day to book the same time the next day!!!

18 hours ago, Bigbob said:

So now a few shops are chipping in to pay for there own police ....

Is private security the way ahead?   Do security firms improve the situation for the whole community, or just persuade criminals to concentrate on people who cannot afford to pay for protection?

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/cambs-town-hired-private-security-27780714

When I was growing up in that area the village had its own bobby who lived in the police house, knew nearly everybody by their first names, and rode out on his LE Velocette (at any time of day or night) in response to phone calls from farms in the area.   Not much serious crime in those days, all a bit like “Heartbeat”.

Perhaps fewer people had anything worth stealing (Kimbolton has become rather gentrified since I left, almost 60 years ago), and the light-fingered locals probably had only a push bike for a get-away vehicle.

Shoplifting wasn’t so easy when the goods were kept behind the counter, and I imagine it still wouldn't be much problem for Argos or Screwfix.   The situation with supermarkets and shoplifters reminds me of what George Bernard Shaw said about marriage -  it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity.