Out solo for a change.

JDog

Nobody wanted to come out with me yesterday despite a number of phone calls.

It may be my body odour, lack of scintillating conversation or my inadequacy regarding the subject in hand or any number of other reasons but no one was interested.

I had a field in mind, one recently harvested for maize. The line looked good and my hide position was obvious. I was in place by 1:30.

All I used was a rotary as I am a firm believer that decoys are pointless on maize stubble. 

I could have shot a lot of crows but pigeons were the quarry species. They came well for a couple of hours and I packed up with 110 pigeons and 3 crows in the bag.

Very well done JDog !!  👍 👍     Never seem to see pigeons going onto Maize stubble round here, mind it is almost all cut young for fuel processing, so very little wastage on the ground, as the crop is still fairly "immature" .

Out of interest did you pick dead birds, or leave them where they fell, which means you had 100+ decoys ??  😉

Edited by stockybasher
spelling !

31 minutes ago, old'un said:

well done on shooting 110 in a couple of hours, that's nearly a pigeon a minute, bet your barrels were warm.

Maybe one of the reasons JDog find it hard to get company on his two hour stints , all right for a youngster but my ole body just couldn't cope with jumping up and down like a Jack in the box for two hours , more like training for the S A S rather than a couple of hours out to pass the time of day , Great shooting in the time frame , oh to be young again :lol:

On 15/10/2023 at 17:42, marsh man said:

Maybe one of the reasons JDog find it hard to get company on his two hour stints , all right for a youngster but my ole body just couldn't cope with jumping up and down like a Jack in the box for two hours , more like training for the S A S rather than a couple of hours out to pass the time of day , Great shooting in the time frame , oh to be young again :lol:

Mostly it's because they'd have to supply the carts after about 25.........

Nice outing.