Bristol stabbing

old'un

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Two more youngsters dead, the killings seem almost every other day...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-68122275

The team I manage deals with these week in week out. 

I won’t say too much but these stabbings and attacks are a weekly occurrence and have a deep impact on everyone who deals with the cases. 

A very sad loss of life. 

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Seems you can just claim mental,health issues, and get off with murder, so where is the deterrent! 

A silly comment considering that man sentenced last week was detained under the Mental Health Act, and those who work with the act know that he’ll never get out of the forensic MH system. 

Unlike a prison sentence which has a time limit. 

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

A silly comment considering that man sentenced last week was detained under the Mental Health Act, and those who work with the act know that he’ll never get out of the forensic MH system. 

Unlike a prison sentence which has a time limit. 

Tell that to the families of his victims, they feel he has gotten away with murder, I tend to agree.

Also there is a possibility he could be freed. Regardless of those who think he won't.

So a whole life prison sentence is no longer a thing 🤔

Edited by Newbie to this

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And until there is a genuine deterrent it will unfortunately keep happening................................

This /\.  Prison needs to be something to be feared for repeat and violent offenders.

36 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

The team I manage deals with these week in week out. 

I won’t say too much but these stabbings and attacks are a weekly occurrence and have a deep impact on everyone who deals with the cases. 

more like a daily occurrence you would be hard pushed to find a town worse than Bristol for being stabbed or killed over next to nothing 

32 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Tell that to the families of his victims, they feel he has gotten away with murder, I tend to agree.

Also there is a possibility he could be freed. Regardless of those who think he won't.

So a whole life prison sentence is no longer a thing 🤔

He has, life in a Holiday Camp paid for by the Taxpayer.

With all these stabbings of young people going on a more or less daily basis we tend to forget what impact it leave on the family's who have got to pick up the pieces , this alone must be devastating and in many cases the parents will never get over it , I know when years ago my sisters boy went for a walk one night and got killed while crossing the road a short way from where they lived , my sister never got over it and she died at a early age and a lot of the course was down to a broken heart , these killings seem senseless and don't show of any signs of slowing down but sadly we are no longer surprised when switching on the news we hear of yet another killing .

I know the case in Norfolk a few days ago  is slightly different but it still involved knife crime when the father stabbed his two young daughters to death , his sister in law and then himself , four dead people due to mental health reasons , begger's belief .

15 minutes ago, clangerman said:

more like a daily occurrence you would be hard pushed to find a town worse than Bristol for being stabbed or killed over next to nothing 

London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester to name a few are all equally as bad. Knowle west is one of the more un savoury areas of Bristol. 

2 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester to name a few are all equally as bad. Knowle west is one of the more un savoury areas of Bristol. 

It's not the areas that are unsavoury, it's the scumbags in it.

2 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

The senseless killing of youths may be a reflection of the computer games which trivialise killing and the gang culture which reward killing

I've never bought into blaming computer games, I played lots of games as a kid and never felt the urge to go and stab folk.

Society is broken,  no moral obligation anymore unfortunately,  and I'll almost bet the house that the kids/people doing the stabbings each week aren't from happy families with working parents 😪😪

1 hour ago, RCB56 said:

It's not the areas that are unsavoury, it's the scumbags in it.

Well yes but you always get area in cities towns etc where they tend to move problem people into. Knowle West being one of these in the past.. 

Just now, Mice! said:

I've never bought into blaming computer games, I played lots of games as a kid and never felt the urge to go and stab folk.

Society is broken,  no moral obligation anymore unfortunately,  and I'll almost bet the house that the kids/people doing the stabbings each week aren't from happy families with working parents 😪😪

Have to agree, I used to be online gaming alot when in college, but at no point did it make me think let's go down Asda and go on a rampage with a carving knife etc.