The King Is Diagnosed With Cancer ?

marsh man

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if they have caught it early he should be okay, i count myself lucky having been on active surveillance for 10 years, with 2 PSA tests per year, next one in June so i hope 🤞

It's 10 years since i was treat for Prostrate  cancer with. Radio activit seed 

Implant .  My PSA is 0.01 .

I was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer three years ago. After weeks in hospital and countless investigations, the diagnosis was changed to another couple of potentially treatable cancers. All will say is that he potentially has a very hard road ahead of him. I wish him well.

I have just been listening to the trite speculation on Radio 4 while having a soak in the tub. It may be this or it may be that. Let’s just wait and see shall we. Yesterday was World Cancer Day, it is said one in two will contract some form of cancer. Please don’t delay getting any concerns checked out… and if you are not happy with your GP diagnosis get a second opinion.

Edited by Miserableolgit

I wish all who have this dreadful condition, including of course the King, the very best for a good outcome.

My father had cancer (prostate) for many years.  As the cancer consultant predicted, he died (from non cancer related causes) 'with it' and not 'from it' - and at a good old age when general 'ageing' was taking it's toll.

It's 11 years since I was treated for prostate cancer, after the operation I had radio therapy and am now on long term medication, life has not been great but at the end of the day I reckon I'm lucky to still have one.

Best of luck to the King and everyone else who has this condition. 

They ruled out prostate cancer, on the news, but given where they were investigating, I would guess bladder or kidney.

It's all speculation, though, because the Palace says that they are keeping it all private.

I sympathise with anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer, but unlike the rest of us he is getting the best possible treatment with no delays, so should do better than most.

I had a friend. He had to wait 5 weeks for a telephone consultation with his GP (face to face was impossible) and his doctor prescribed tablets for constipation. Many weeks later he told me about it, I took him to A&E next day, but it was too late for him. That's the reality for many people who aren't royals.

35 minutes ago, GHE said:

I sympathise with anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer, but unlike the rest of us he is getting the best possible treatment with no delays, so should do better than most.

I had a friend. He had to wait 5 weeks for a telephone consultation with his GP (face to face was impossible) and his doctor prescribed tablets for constipation. Many weeks later he told me about it, I took him to A&E next day, but it was too late for him. That's the reality for many people who aren't royals.

Give it a rest.
A 75 year old has cancer and you have to play politics.

7 hours ago, Flashman said:

Give it a rest.

I don't think he's playing politics, I think he's venting his anger at loosing a friend who could have received better treatment, I to have experience of that and get his point, I sincerely hope the king and anyone else battling cancer a speedy recovery, it is an awful disease that we can't find a cure for soon enough.

I don’t care if it’s politics or toffee while it’s sad for Charlie there’s no denying he is getting the finest treatment available while those who pay for his upkeep cannot have the same privilege and I can say that because my brother is lying in a nhs bed fighting leukaemia and a silver spoon in his mouth would see him have much better chance of surviving! 

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

I don’t care if it’s politics or toffee while it’s sad for Charlie there’s no denying he is getting the finest treatment available while those who pay for his upkeep cannot have the same privilege and I can say that because my brother is lying in a nhs bed fighting leukaemia and a silver spoon in his mouth would see him have much better chance of surviving! 

^^^^^^This. It's sad for Charlie but not the fault of the average Joe that they recieve far less treatment at his expense. 

11 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't think he's playing politics, I think he's venting his anger at loosing a friend who could have received better treatment, I to have experience of that and get his point, I sincerely hope the king and anyone else battling cancer a speedy recovery, it is an awful disease that we can't find a cure for soon enough.

Hole in one.

My friend worked hard, as a bricklayer all his life, and paid into a system that let him down when he needed it.

Everyone should get the best possible treatment, not just the wealthy and cosseted, but the reality is that the ordinary people, who have created the nations' wealth, can't even see a doctor when they need to. Good luck to the King, but I would like that luck to be shared equally.

Up to a point, that's a political view, but it isn't a party political view, it's just the view of someone who believes that there should be more fairness in the world. 

20 hours ago, Flashman said:

Give it a rest.

Absolutely not.  We're currently busily engaged killing people who've paid handsomely for care they are not receiving.

Don't care a fig about Charlie, wish him well and all, but frankly if his predicament serves to (finally) ignite some righteous anger amongst the British people about the sheer incompetence of their lavishly funded health service not providing healthcare, all the better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12706031/So-war-cancer-oncologist-accuses-Government-breathtaking-incompetence-3-state-art-treatment-centres-remain-unused.html

We can't even have the treatment centres we've already paid for, for chrissakes.

I'm no fan of the monarchy, outdated and irrelevant institution, much like the church.

However I wish Charles good health, as a fellow human, not as a "king".

If there's a disparity between the level of treatment  he receives and that afforded to the rest of the population, then that's a valid point of discussion, but I can't see the need to throw personal insults at other posters.

9 hours ago, Wymondley said:

If there's a disparity between the level of treatment  he receives and that afforded to the rest of the population, then that's a valid point of discussion

Indeed, the rich will always have access to better care, that's inevitable.

If the UK's head of state receiving cancer treatment finally, belatedly, lights a fire under the Brits' rear to demand better (and not just by chucking ever more money at the problem), bring it on.