They have poked the Bear!!

Penelope

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia has never had an easy relationship with Muslims viz the two relatively recent Chechen Wars.

I saw an interesting quote on the internet this morning which read..... 'It's not so much who is responsible for this attack but who Russia chooses to blame for it'.

Ukraine since week before elections was attacking Belgorod region of Russia putting troops into Russia across the Border.

Last terrorists were killed\captured 200 miles Southwest of Moscow heading for Ukrainian border.

If Ukies did slip the team in during the attacks on Russia prior to last Sunday's election, Russia is going to take the gloves off just like they did in Chechnya.

35 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Ukraine since week before elections was attacking Belgorod region of Russia putting troops into Russia across the Border.

Last terrorists were killed\captured 200 miles Southwest of Moscow heading for Ukrainian border.

If Ukies did slip the team in during the attacks on Russia prior to last Sunday's election, Russia is going to take the gloves off just like they did in Chechnya.

My understanding is that ISIS have claimed it, not the Ukies.

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So far, death toll is 93 and four people have apparently been arrested directly involved in the attack and 7 more. So 11 arrests in total.

It's Russia, who they arrest and who is responsible may not be the same.

Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) has issued a statement claiming that the terrorists involved in the Moscow Crocus City attack were planning to cross the border with Ukraine, and that they had "contacts" on the Ukrainian side.

20 minutes ago, old'un said:

Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) has issued a statement claiming that the terrorists involved in the Moscow Crocus City attack were planning to cross the border with Ukraine, and that they had "contacts" on the Ukrainian side.

Easy way to blame Ukraine and go even more full bore on them.

2 hours ago, old'un said:

No surprise there then?

You are all behind the curve on this one.  It doesn't matter who did the job or who gets blamed or whether putin don't like it.   The point is that a group has done it without putins men doing anything about it.  They just walked in and did the deed.  Now I hear that the Muricans were warning about this last week so how did the system overlook this one.  Does it mean that other PEOPLE / GROUPS can just wander into anywhere... train stations. Public areas such as markets, train stations or factories or military establishments and do a lot of damage.   Can't cover everywhere.  Look what happened in the troubles. Watch this space. Putins men are already stretched?, using prisoners and men from other sources.

Edited by Minky

17 minutes ago, Minky said:

You are all behind the curve on this one.  It doesn't matter who did the job or who gets blamed or whether putin don't like it.   The point is that a group has done it without putins men doing anything about it.  They just walked in and did the deed.  Now I hear that the Muricans were warning about this last week so how did the system overlook this one.  Does it mean that other PEOPLE / GROUPS can just wander into anywhere... train stations. Public areas such as markets, train stations or factories or military establishments and do a lot of damage.   Can't cover everywhere.  Look what happened in the troubles. Watch this space. Putins men are already stretched?, using prisoners and men from other sources.

:crazy:

2 hours ago, Minky said:

You make a very good point - whatever the FSB are watching, it wasn't ISIS cells - more likely those individuals who might have posed a threat to Putin's chance of being re-elected....

4 hours ago, Minky said:

What makes you think that all PW members who posted on this topic are 'all behind the curve ball?'

Surely it is obvious even to thickos like me that the Russian security services were caught unawares even though they had been warned about a likely attack.

Condesension is not an appealing trait.

Where is there any condescension in my post. The overriding point that I was making was that it is a case of bolting the stable door after the deed had been done. Putin can blame the man in the moon but it was all to late.

Whoever attacked the  venue,  they just walked in. There was no security at all.  Americans warned putin about this but putin just like Stalin did, he rejected the warning as propaganda saying that America was stiring the pot.  

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I think this is the phrase:- "You are all behind the curve on this one." It says that you and you alone can see the big picture.

Well done Gordon.

• welsh1 locked this topic