Facebook Marketplace

DUNKS

Anyone on here use this site for bargains. I know it's a pain with time wasters if you are selling but I have just had my third absolute bargain off his site. I tend to be a bit of a collector. Just got a 45 year old film camera and three lenses, boxed and looks as new. That's three mint cameras in a year. they wont get much use but they are nice things to have. If only they would allow guns to be sold!

Edited by DUNKS

Hello, i read there are people going back to using 35mm Cameras and you can still buy the film and get photos printed including contact prints,  like a lot of people back when 35mm was the norm i had a darkroom and even for 120 film cameras, i have been looking for a WWW 1 Kodak  camera just to try a few films like you see on old WWW 1 web sites

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I use it daily while looking for my next bike . Deposit done now so I’m looking at riding gear . 
I’ve  bought all my kids bikes off there too inc a giant fir my step son at £60 like new . It was £480 new and I’ve got all the receipts too from a local shop . His kid had out grown it .

I do look for bits and bobs. 

I don’t sell on there very often.
i did purchase a job lot of …… toilet blue once (don’t ask) and did really well selling it on marketplace. A lot went to the horse crowd for their portable or yard toilets.

I would rather just give the kids toys away than go through waiting in and answering millions of daft questions for a couple of quid. 

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i read there are people going back to using 35mm Cameras and you can still buy the film and get photos printed including contact prints

I certainly hope so. My cameras will again be worth good money. I usually take black and white and process myself but yes you can get film processed and prints or digital from it.

I haven't sold on the site but have used it loads to buy household items. Last item which was free was a Sony blueray DVD player, I wanted to upgrade, it didn't  have the remote but after checking on my tv that it would play ordinary dvds as well, I ordered a remote from the bay, delivered £5.99. Brilliant bit of kit.

Just a short list of stuff that comes to mind

1000 Watt Panasonic microwave                       £10.00

Billy bookcase                                                     £10.00

DVD storage case                                               £5.00

Drysoon clothes dryer with all the extras         £70.00 

Happy days! Better than the bay as stuff is local and cash on collection.

FB

27 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

I certainly hope so. My cameras will again be worth good money. I usually take black and white and process myself but yes you can get film processed and prints or digital from it.

I still have my Canon T70 35mm camera and, I believe, a few lenses to go with it. It's now surplus to requirements but I have no idea what it's worth.

11 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I still have my Canon T70 35mm camera and, I believe, a few lenses to go with it. It's now surplus to requirements but I have no idea what it's worth.

Hello, looking at various web sites if in working order, boxed with the 50mm lens and extra lenses depending how many £100 to £150 , 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i read there are people going back to using 35mm Cameras and you can still buy the film and get photos printed including contact prints,  like a lot of people back when 35mm was the norm i had a darkroom and even for 120 film cameras, i have been looking for a WWW 1 Kodak  camera just to try a few films like you see on old WWW 1 web sites

Hello, i still have an old Sharp Video Recorder , on TV today they report of people in UK hoarding old Tech gear, Phones, etc in that case am i a hoarder🤔🙄

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

If the camera is not worth much , the lenses. Still can be. The mount will be the same on digital  Canon cameras  . So may work. In Auto re light meter and some just manual focus. All depends on the pin contacts  on lens and camera .

• DUNKS changed the title to Facebook Marketplace

Had many bargains buying on Facebook Marketplace. Bought a nearly new brushless Dewalt cordless drill last night with 2 x 5 amp batteries, a charger and case. The batteries alone were worth the price.

Sold surplus tools on there, but I have to agree about the timewasters. Sold a couple of Mokka alloy wheels, with virtually new Pirellis on for a relative. Started at £200, but they were taking up room. Reduced to £150 and then £100. Bright spark turns up, inspects the two wheels and gave me £100. As he loaded them into his car, he asked where the other two were. I reminded him what was in the advert / photos and that he never asked about any other wheels. He said he really wanted four. I asked him if he was joking. He said he wasn't and said "I might have to pass".

I pointed out that he had messed me about enough - kept changing the collection time and then arrived an hour late. I told him that I had told another buyer that he was coming to collect the wheels, despite the other buyer saying he could collect them before this lad. In the end, I politely told him that he had inspected the wheels, declared himself happy with them and paid me. That was the end of our business and I left him at the roadside. 

He was a complete muppet and i didn't like the way he spoke to his wife. He was smarmily polite with me, but spoke very abruptly to her. As I didn't gain one penny from the sale, I was a bit miffed. Lot of hassle for nothing, but that is Marketplace.

Edited by Gordon R

Like a lot of platforms you just have to be careful when buying as somethings are too good to be true, like a 2019 ford ranger for £5000 I’ve just been looking at 🙂

A colleague of mine who I wouldn’t have thought of to fall for a scam once paid £50 up front to have a pool table delivered, balance due on delivery, unfortunately that delivery never happened. 

3 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Like a lot of platforms you just have to be careful when buying as somethings are too good to be true, like a 2019 ford ranger for £5000 I’ve just been looking at 🙂

A colleague of mine who I wouldn’t have thought of to fall for a scam once paid £50 up front to have a pool table delivered, balance due on delivery, unfortunately that delivery never happened. 

I think the car prices are just a Mickey take unfortunately 

:shaun:

Use it frequently for selling. Bit slow at the moment but the best time was just after lock down, people were paying stupid money for things because they were hard to get hold of new. They would often travel quite considerable distances as well. I wish it was still like that.

There are lots of cheap cars being advertised by scammers, when you click on seller details it is obvious as they have dozens of cars well below market value. It got to a point where every one I reported was not actioned against and the option to report was removed from my account proving Faceache don't care in the slightest, the face they are aiding and abetting fraud does not bother them either.

If I put a picture of an air rifle on my page it gets taken down and my account gets restricted , work that one out.

Use it for buying and selling. If selling I will usually put it on my own FB profile  first so friends and family see it. Then if no one I know wants it I'll put it on marketplace plus what I call an idiot tax, to cover my time and frustration dealing with idiots.

I have often noticed when placing an add. The same thing often happens  within say. 15 minutes   get this reply  " is this still for sale "   drr yes just posted it 15 minutes. Ago. . Often they are foreign  sounding. Names .

The usual can send someone round this afternoon to  collect. It .

They. Don't even know were you  live , they could be at the other end of the country 😃😃