This Govt'

ditchman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

everything labour denied...has/is coming to pass................everyday it is getting worse and worse and giving everything the unions wanted..and everything the minority action groups demand

we have embarked on a VERY  dangerous path.........

The Tories got complacent and were almost totally ineffective since Covid. Historically the maximum life of any UK Government is three terms. 

The electorate were ready for a change and got it. I never expected the wheels to come off so quickly and am amazed at just how bad some of the appointments are.:-

Rayner, Lammy, Milliband, Cooper - all way out of their depth.

I suspect it will get a whole lot worse and eventually will condemn Labour to many years in the wilderness.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well done Shaun.   :good:

not me,i voted Reform this time round after voting Conservative for decades.

Labour gets in round here every time easily.

this time they were pushed to the hilt by Reform who finished a close second.

if the situation in this country doesn't change (which i don't expect it to do) i can see the mainstream parties getting a massive kick in the nads in just shy of 5 years time.

here's hoping👍

54 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

if the situation in this country doesn't change (which i don't expect it to do) i can see the mainstream parties getting a massive kick in the nads in just shy of 5 years time.

Looking pretty good for REFORM at the moment.

1 hour ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

here's hoping👍

I think in around 98 seats , Reform came second . We live in hope .

Calm down you lot.

What do you really expect from our politicos regardless of declared colours?

It's just playtime every day wit someone else  footing the bills?

If there appears to be an honest hard working one, the knives are soon out to remove the offender?

Just how it is, those with seats are very comfortable and will not give up the trough unless legally forced to?

Playtime every day?

Unless Reform ditch the crazy ones asap they will become irrelevant very quickly?

like yikdaz we have had labour mp,s i think for about 80 years,lets see these dipsticks blame it on the tory government,the sheep here will keep voting them in despite destroying our town.

It is a fact that few Gov't of any colour have managed more than 3 consecutive terms of office.

It is my view that Labour didn't actively 'win' by offering a realistic prospect of 'better Gov't'.  Labour came out with the most seats by default because the abysmal performance by the former Tory Gov't left people wanting change.

It's not very helpful now to speculate what went wrong but a few personal 'takes';

• David Cameron was on the losing side from the EU referendum.  He resigned, rightly in my view as he couldn't credibly lead a Gov't carrying out what he had campaigned against.  Was aware of the immigration issues building, but set targets and little more.
  • Teresa May was weak and was very visibly weak.  I quote "no deal is better than a bad deal".  So she arranges a 'deal' widely seen as bad and tries (unsuccessfully) to get it passed.  Hopelessly weak.  Ignored the growing immigration issues building.
  • Boris Johnson won a good majority, but was derailed by Covid and Ukraine.  He was charismatic and a good speaker, but otherwise chaotic, disorganised, had no concept of truth, relied on poor and divisive advisers (Cummings etc) and listened to poor advice (net zero, etc.).  Despite claiming to "Get Brexit done" he didn't really and left an unfinished mess - especially re NI and the Irish border.  Also ignored the growing immigration issues building.
  • Liz Truss was just plain 'hopeless'.  Completely out of her depth and did a huge amount of reputational damage.  Was not in place long enough to do any good even had she been on track to - which I doubt.
  • Rishi Sunak inherited a pretty hopeless situation to be fair.  Huge debt from Covid matters (in which he had a major role in creating that debt), energy price crisis from external (Ukraine/world) issues, the immigration issues at boiling point.  He also (controversial and my view) inherited a civil service Gov't machine that doesn't function in terms of doing what ministers want, and half of whom aren't really at work at all.  A situation where the unions can see that they will get a Labour gov't they can manipulate for their own gains IF they can damage the Tories enough (by various long strikes (Doctors, Nurses, Train Drivers etc) so that they are not electable.  Several union leaders had openly talked about aiming to bring the Gov't down.  There was a plan for the immigration crisis, - but it was never really allowed to get 'off the ground' as dubious legal challenges and the machinery of Gov't blocked it continually.  Maybe it would have 'sort of worked'?  They were beginning to see the light a bit on the "net zero" farce.

We now have a Labour administration.  The union barons are being rewarded with their demands being largely met (arguably funded by theft from the better off pensioners most of whom do not support Labour at all, so no votes to be lost there).  We have already had the worst civil unrest for some time.  There appears to be no plan for the immigration crisis.  There is no doubt that taxes will increase still further, but it seems likely that the proceed will go to the pockets of the powerful unions members, not the needy and public services.

Just personal views.

1 hour ago, hawkfanz said:

like yikdaz we have had labour mp,s i think for about 80 years,lets see these dipsticks blame it on the tory government,the sheep here will keep voting them in despite destroying our town.

Yep they can't see past Labour because they are a party for the working class or so they think, I wish they would take the blinkers off but they won't 

33 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is a fact that few Gov't of any colour have managed more than 3 consecutive terms of office.

It is my view that Labour didn't actively 'win' by offering a realistic prospect of 'better Gov't'.  Labour came out with the most seats by default because the abysmal performance by the former Tory Gov't left people wanting change.

It's not very helpful now to speculate what went wrong but a few personal 'takes';

• David Cameron was on the losing side from the EU referendum.  He resigned, rightly in my view as he couldn't credibly lead a Gov't carrying out what he had campaigned against.  Was aware of the immigration issues building, but set targets and little more.
  • Teresa May was weak and was very visibly weak.  I quote "no deal is better than a bad deal".  So she arranges a 'deal' widely seen as bad and tries (unsuccessfully) to get it passed.  Hopelessly weak.  Ignored the growing immigration issues building.
  • Boris Johnson won a good majority, but was derailed by Covid and Ukraine.  He was charismatic and a good speaker, but otherwise chaotic, disorganised, had no concept of truth, relied on poor and divisive advisers (Cummings etc) and listened to poor advice (net zero, etc.).  Despite claiming to "Get Brexit done" he didn't really and left an unfinished mess - especially re NI and the Irish border.  Also ignored the growing immigration issues building.
  • Liz Truss was just plain 'hopeless'.  Completely out of her depth and did a huge amount of reputational damage.  Was not in place long enough to do any good even had she been on track to - which I doubt.
  • Rishi Sunak inherited a pretty hopeless situation to be fair.  Huge debt from Covid matters (in which he had a major role in creating that debt), energy price crisis from external (Ukraine/world) issues, the immigration issues at boiling point.  He also (controversial and my view) inherited a civil service Gov't machine that doesn't function in terms of doing what ministers want, and half of whom aren't really at work at all.  A situation where the unions can see that they will get a Labour gov't they can manipulate for their own gains IF they can damage the Tories enough (by various long strikes (Doctors, Nurses, Train Drivers etc) so that they are not electable.  Several union leaders had openly talked about aiming to bring the Gov't down.  There was a plan for the immigration crisis, - but it was never really allowed to get 'off the ground' as dubious legal challenges and the machinery of Gov't blocked it continually.  Maybe it would have 'sort of worked'?  They were beginning to see the light a bit on the "net zero" farce.

We now have a Labour administration.  The union barons are being rewarded with their demands being largely met (arguably funded by theft from the better off pensioners most of whom do not support Labour at all, so no votes to be lost there).  We have already had the worst civil unrest for some time.  There appears to be no plan for the immigration crisis.  There is no doubt that taxes will increase still further, but it seems likely that the proceed will go to the pockets of the powerful unions members, not the needy and public services.

Just personal views.

Good post John👍

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Academic now as the damage is done, but who voted correctly on 5/6/75? My conscience is clear. 

not me,i wasn't old enough 

2 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

not me,i wasn't old enough 

AND i'm still waiting for the "oven ready" Brexit to come into play👍

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Looking pretty good for REFORM at the moment.

It is, they make all the right noises but despite voting for them I don't think the party contains enough talent to pull off forming a government...Yet.

They need to get some of the Tory right on board now, because come the next election, and there's no way Labour will last five years, we'll need a party that not only has the will but the ability to sort out the mess this country is going to be in.

17 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

It is, they make all the right noises but despite voting for them I don't think the party contains enough talent to pull off forming a government...Yet.

They need to get some of the Tory right on board now, because come the next election, and there's no way Labour will last five years, we'll need a party that not only has the will but the ability to sort out the mess this country is going to be in.

ok...reform dont have enough talent........but to fix this country DONT NEED TALENT.......it needs brutal desisions and the guts and balls todo the right thing....

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

ok...reform dont have enough talent........but to fix this country DONT NEED TALENT.......it needs brutal desisions and the guts and balls todo the right thing....

I have a lot of time for Ben Habib . A well spoken and level headed person. Enjoy his debates , more like him needed