Kings Walk West Dean shoot CLOSED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

Hi All,

I have today received an email from the organiser of the long established Kings Walk shoot in West Dean W.Sussex that the shoot has closed with immediate effect.

Apparently it was through circumstances beyond his control.

After paying for the peg 1 month ago (in full) i am expect little chance of getting any kind of refund. Also did not have the foresight to take out insurance on the day.

I understand Guns on pegs have pulled the shoot from their list however i see the home page for the Kings Walk is still live.

Really disappoint that its been handled like this and cant believe the organiser was unaware of the impending closure of the shoot yet still was happy to take peoples money in full.

With our first child born only a few months ago this game shoot was the one and only i would be going on for the foreseeable future and a real treat that i was really looking forward to.

Have any others that have booked on the 2016/2017 dates received a similar message?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear of your disappointment

First ask the shoot for a refund!!!!

That may offer a explanation

Many reasons that this can happen a lot that are out of the control of the shoot

Disease and organised poaching are two that spring to mind

So without having the full story wouldn't like to judge

Again sorry you've lost your day

All the best

Of

What i received - I expect this to be a generic email

"It is with deep regret that i am having to write to you and advise that through circumstances beyond my control I have been forced to close down The Kings Walk shoot with immediate effect.

Without prior notice and in the middle of my shooting season, my main drives have been heavily cut down. This has resulted in the birds leaving due to the disruption of tractors and chain saws.

As i'm sure you are aware these are wild animals and will not tolerate heavy disruption. They have since disappeared over the boundaries.

After successfully running the Kings Walk shoot for 20 years and being involved in shooting for 45 years i am extremely sad and truly sorry for lettering my clients down to such a degree.

With no birds on the ground and my ill health still troubling me, i can't keep the shoot going any longer and i am forced to cancel all days this season. I am seeking legal advice and filing for bankruptcy as i write to you as i have run out of money and can't honour the arranged dates.

Th shoot is not a limited company and has very limited assets. All deposits and income have been invested into the shoot through birds, feed, game covers and rent.

I will not be able to return clients money. For which i am hugely sorry.

If you have cancellation insurance then i advise you contact your insurer to make a claim

With deep regrets"

It seems a little odd that the shoot runs into 2017, but he has already run out of money. I could be well wide of the mark, but main purpose of the e-mail appears to be to quash any hopes of a refund or suing him for fees paid.

I would not be happy and would go via Small Claims Court, despite him considering bankruptcy. He may be genuine, but I am cynical.

Does sound a bit of a tall story, work like this would be planned in advance. The other strange thing, where has all the money gone, what was getting planning on using to buy food, pay beaters and keepers with for the rest of the season? As Gordon suggested, I would take him to court

If he isn't a limited company then the debts lie with him personally? get in quick with the small claims as previously mentioned before he goes bankrupt and you can't get anything back, the email makes it sound like he was running a not for profit business if everything was invested in the shoot, I am quietly confident he didn't go to all.that trouble out of the goodness of his heart so where has all the intended profit ended up?

A long list of excuses - I think you've been done up like a kipper, I'm afraid.

The lesson I take away is to take out insurance and hope the policy pays out.

If he isn't a limited company then the debts lie with him personally? get in quick with the small claims as previously mentioned before he goes bankrupt and you can't get anything back, the email makes it sound like he was running a not for profit business if everything was invested in the shoot, I am quietly confident he didn't go to all.that trouble out of the goodness of his heart so where has all the intended profit ended up?

I think he is taking the ****!

This.

File a claim quick, he must have personal assets.

Thank you all for your comments/feed back.

This would have been the 3rd time returning to this particular shoot over the course of about 7 years.

This kind of hobby/sport is built on an element of trust as the ground work has to be put in well before any guns turn up and the first shot is fired. Having things like this happen really does not help.

I really cannot believe that the writing was not on the wall for some time now and the shoot continued to take bookings/payments. I just don't get people like this!

I paid by electronic bank transfer. Checked with my bank and they cannot help. Called BASC and they could not help.

Go to the "money claim online" website and start a claim straight away.

It cost me £105 to put my claim in against the keeper of the Pen-Y-Llan shoot Wrexham, who took off with my £1875 deposit for the syndicate he was running.

It takes a while for it to get going but it will get the keeper thinking.

My claim has now been passed on to the official receiver and he has been declared insolvent. So there is little chance of me seeing my deposit again unless his circumstances change (they are very strict rules he has to keep to).

Sorry to hear that you have suffered and lost your days shooting. Stick your claim in and have the last word.

All the best

Sabs

Go to the "money claim online" website and start a claim straight away.

It cost me £105 to put my claim in against the keeper of the Pen-Y-Llan shoot Wrexham, who took off with my £1875 deposit for the syndicate he was running.

It takes a while for it to get going but it will get the keeper thinking.

My claim has now been passed on to the official receiver and he has been declared insolvent. So there is little chance of me seeing my deposit again unless his circumstances change (they are very strict rules he has to keep to).

Sorry to hear that you have suffered and lost your days shooting. Stick your claim in and have the last word.

All the best

Sabs

^^^^^^^^ This