So how did you pop the question?

iano

take my advice, skip the expensive stag do's and ott weddings, and stick the money in bricks and mortar, or a business venture, or even a classic car, wedding is dead money if you overdo it.

spent £75 quid on my wedding...and all the trimmings.....married on the saturday.....kenya on the wednesday then up to s/sudan on the thurs....didnt get back home till 8 mths later..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flew us up to Glasgow then hired car to head up to Drymen, we were long overdue a holiday. Drove about for two or three days, sightseeing, then found by accident that there was an island in the middle of the lake of monteith, with a ruined priory that Mary Queen of Scots stayed at once. Got the little ferry out (rowboat with an outboard), and I thought I'd not find another spot as ideal, and I'd had the ring in my pocket for days, being a grumpy wotsit in case I lost the thing, so on her finger is safer than in my pocket.

Got down on one knee in the rain and tbh I've no idea what I said, just that she said yes.

That was ten years ago, and I've not regretted it once. Pick the right one, and all your problems are lessened, whilst your joy is boundless.

OOH long time ago , in a e reg 67 plated tranny down on one knee ,in a field gateway , then ask the father in law no probs but his other half in the kitchen hair in curlers fag hanging out of her mouth and frying pan in her hand I think she was doing Sunday lunch, and she lit up she's pregnant she' s ******* pregnant ,no chance but want for trying just cautious ,47 yrs on still with her , but the family chef 's been gone sometime now ,and yes it does come to those that wait.

She had pointed out a ring she liked months before. I dismissed the idea at the time but went back and bought it the next day.

Then I asked my in laws for their permission to ask their daughter for her hand in marriage.

Then I set about locating a suit of armour.

Having secured the use of one I then went to the local stables and procured the use of a suitable white steed.

Then, with some collusion from the in laws, I got dressed up in the armour, and collected the horse outside the house.

I knocked on the front door, she answered. I gave a short monologue about returning from the crusades to claim the hand of the fairest of maidens and on bended knee produced the ring and proposed.

28 years later and still going strong. :-)

Smoooooooth! Very smooth.

She had pointed out a ring she liked months before. I dismissed the idea at the time but went back and bought it the next day.

Then I asked my in laws for their permission to ask their daughter for her hand in marriage.

Having secured the use of one I then went to the local stables and procured the use of a suitable white steed.

Then, with some collusion from the in laws, I got dressed up in the armour, and collected the horse outside the house.

I knocked on the front door, she answered. I gave a short monologue about returning from the crusades to claim the hand of the fairest of maidens and on bended knee produced the ring and proposed.

I went and asked her Dad for their blessing as I just felt it was polite and I like tradition and it was good to see the look on his face.... he then sobbed.

Christmas day morning we did the very few presents we do and I got her to close her eyes and I got down on one knee ring in hand and told her to open her eyes.....A few minutes later when she stopped crying she said yes ! That was Christmas 2012 we married: 26/05/13 we kept it small and enjoyed it and honeymooned in the September over in the US doing the west coast for 15 days.

I wouldn't be without her good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif We had our wedding date engraved into the inside of our rings, really helpful to make sure I don`t forget the date in the future good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

I work with a guy that did this , but , his girlfriend turned him down in front of about 200 people , it shattered the poor chap .

I dropped my kecks, and said how do you fancy playing with this till you die,

23 years later she's still with me, lol

Flynny

It was my wallet lol, tucked inside a secret pocket on the inside of my kecks, filled with old newspaper lol

I met her in a youth club, and proposed after being together for 13 years, outside a jewellers in st Anne's square in manchester where her old man had bought her mam there engagement ring,(many years earlier)

Let's pop in and you can pick yours !I said,

The rest is history( 10 years married in June )

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Dont know how u guys managed it for 75 quid! I tried to do mine as cheep as possible and it ended up costing over 10k :(

With regards to proposal we were abroad on holiday, booked to go swimming with dolphins as asked then, lots of hinting before so I knew I was onto a winner lol, be to scared if I wasn't 100% of a yes!!

• 4 months later...

Was shooting season and girlfriend at the time & myself & dog were sat in from room dog with poorly foot puncture wound from reeds

I said dogs broken so may as well go get a engagement ring.

13th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

I'd bought the ring a month or so before, and just needed to wait for the right occasion. When that didn't arrise, I popped it in my pocket when we took the dog out.

We stopped for a rest on our favourite bench looking out over the rolling hills of Herefordshire, and eventually I plucked up the courage to drop to one knee & ask her (she said yes, we got married a month ago). We still have a smile about it when we sit on that bench now, especially me taking out the hip flask after she'd said yes to calm myself!