Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Thanks for that Henry.

I can't fathom why anyone would think it a good idea to eat chimpanzees, they are so genetically similar to us, it's no wonder a disease like HIV has been transmitted.

I would have difficulty too, and I love all kinds of meat and fish/shelfish/squid etc, but if your diet is low in protein then a monkey sat up a tree would keep the missus and kids happy?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RockySpears said:

People keep bring this sort of thing up and I would ask of them:

If it is "just the Flu", why is China shut down?

Why can you not travel to Italy in my company?

Why are buses driven from Brize Norton to The Wirral?

Why are schools shut down just 2 miles from my home?

If it is "just the Flu" why the heck is the world destroying it's economy?

Either it is not "just the Flu" and they are justified in their actions, but this means they know it is more than "just the Flu" and are not telling us this.

Or ...

They just want more control over our lives while the crashing economies, which was coming anyway, happens.

RS

From what I understand this virus is not killing young fit people, they get flu like symptoms and are poorly but in general they make a full recovery.

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

All very interesting and scary stuff apparently could effect 80% of the UK hopfuly pakham is in that 80% 

Well  from what I read the next step in the cure they are developing is the animal testing phase so unfortunately I don't think he will be able to take it 🙄

Edited by Farmboy91

I am bemused why so many people are concerned about this, are not concerned enough about the seasonal flu to get the vaccine that is available. 

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that flu kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people around the world every year.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

It is now in Essex....................im starting to get a bit concirned as i am 2 counties away and in a very high risk group ..................

I think we have been lied to ... They don't spend billions of dollars close borders build hospitals  and do what they are doing unless it is very serious. personally I think that the answer lies in a certain Chinese research centre.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

It is now in Essex....................im starting to get a bit concirned as i am 2 counties away and in a very high risk group ..................

Alcohol wipes kill germs, I wonder if a bottle or two of wine might help give some extra protection? :whistling:

Edited by old'un

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

Still more likely to win big on the lottery than contract covid-19, don’t stress.

Wash your hands in hot soapy water, don’t lick random people or random things and keep your fingers out your mouth, nose or eyes.

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Still more likely to win big on the lottery than contract covid-19, don’t stress.

Wash your hands in hot soapy water, don’t lick random people or random things and keep your fingers out your mouth, nose or eyes.

This. ^
Bloke at the checkout in Sainsbury’s not more than an hour ago, coughing all over our shopping and then a big watery sneeze before handing back OH’s nectar card! No tissues, no handkerchief. OH and me just looked at each other with a wry smile. 

45 minutes ago, grrclark said:

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN FAT SARAH TURNS UP...?................she's crawling summat rotten...........

By coincidence the Beeb played out this scenario during 2017 in Haslemere of all places.  Some sensible observations in here about slowing spread by simple handwashing, controlling spreaders and so forth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059y0p1

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN FAT SARAH TURNS UP...?................she's crawling summat rotten...........

Just mount the beast , then give her a cake and send her home happy , same as always 😊.

Just heard on the radio that one case has been confirmed in Kent (Vinters Business Park, Maidstone). Great! Mrs H & I were over that way on Saturday afternoon. We paid a trip to Notcutts Garden Centre, which is just around the corner. I really don't understand why people who know they have been at risk or potentially exposed when visiting an area. Having said that then what's the risk to Mrs H & I? Should we self isolate as we have been in the vicinity of a known case, even though it is about 1/2 mile down the road? This is going to be the problem moving forward, where does one draw the line where any risk of infection is concerned? It's not that it was just down the road but how do we know if anyone from Vinters Business Park didn't call into the garden centre and potentially infect staff working there? Bloody minefield would be an understatement!

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Just mount the beast , then give her a cake and send her home happy , same as always 😊.

no way ..............not after she's been away wiv them mongolian throat singers..........she will be riddled with virus and stuff