How much are we being told lies about!!

millrace

2 hours ago, Andy 01 said:

Sorry, but I can't help but think the number of infections within the NHS is being covered up at the moment to prevent panic.
I have three members of my immediate family in the NHS.
Two of them have the virus at present.
That's just our experience, but that's a two thirds infection rate.
Have a think on that for a moment, and wonder if that's reflective across the whole NHS ?

Andy

They tested the thorax surgery dept at our local hospital in Sweden. 50% was infected. 

/M

Edited by Nuke

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Italy over ten thousand medical personnel are among the 135 thousand positives. By yesterday more than 100 doctors and 30something nurses dead from CV. And at the height of the crisis several positive medical personnel had to keep working.  The govt freely admits that the deaths are many more than the 15 thousand declared. The 15k are just the dead that were tested or died in hospital. Many, many, never saw a hospital and died at home. The only positive thing, I have never in 12 years here seen the Italians working together in such a tightknit group. If we can only keep it up after the crisis. I see the same thing in the British press (to a large extent). It is really a "war" attitude!

30 minutes ago, SainIT said:

In Italy over ten thousand medical personnel are among the 135 thousand positives. By yesterday more than 100 doctors and 30something nurses dead from CV. And at the height of the crisis several positive medical personnel had to keep working.  The govt freely admits that the deaths are many more than the 15 thousand declared. The 15k are just the dead that were tested or died in hospital. Many, many, never saw a hospital and died at home. The only positive thing, I have never in 12 years here seen the Italians working together in such a tightknit group. If we can only keep it up after the crisis. I see the same thing in the British press (to a large extent). It is really a "war" attitude!

Where in Italy are you?

1 hour ago, SainIT said:

I'm in Tuscany, about 30km from Arezzo, our nearest city and 70 from Florence. Tiny village called Foiano della Chiana. We in central Italy have been lucky, only 5000 cases in Tuscany, but our economic locomotive in  the north is on its knees.

I'm from Florence originally! My parents are still there so I'm aware of the current situation...

Good luck and stay safe!

30 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

How come we are at zero serious?

image.png.6374557aa99a68b61ed3e82f0e0b2b92.png

Each country measures things differently. We don’t measure ‘serious’ also the recovered rate has not moved for weeks. 

All we count appears to be infected and dead. 

Edited by AVB

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'Zarah Sultana MP @zarahsultana Black and Asian people are being disproportionately hit by Coronavirus, reflecting wider economic and social inequalities. The fight against racial injustice must be at the heart of our response to this virus EXCEL LONDON IMINANICE N'

Tut! Tut!.........so there you have it.....coronavirus is a racist virus! Is she suggesting resources should be redirected to the Black and Asian communities?

I understand coronavirus disproportionally affects men!.......Perhaps resources should be concentrated on men?:no:

Edited by panoma1

1 hour ago, Docleo said:

I'm from Florence originally! My parents are still there so I'm aware of the current situation...

Good luck and stay safe!

Wish I was living in Scotland! Just my luck to have fallen head over heels for an Italian woman! We are being very very careful. I am the only one who goes shopping and I dress like a martian when i do!

i dont think it is we are being lied to ............i think it is the utter and purile...pathetic ....unfactual .....unimformed ...guessing ......way we are being imformed....

by 

1. the snippets of press realeases from 10 downing street
  2. the feeding frenzy the media are having..........and i mean feeding frenzy
  3. i also cannot believe the ammount of hasbeens they have interveiwed...

dont forget news = money fame..respect  for the individuales........

the press confereances are appalling....the graphs.....well what can i say

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'Zarah Sultana MP @zarahsultana Black and Asian people are being disproportionately hit by Coronavirus, reflecting wider economic and social inequalities. The fight against racial injustice must be at the heart of our response to this virus EXCEL LONDON IMINANICE N'

I would have thought that it was the elderly who were being disproportionately hit by the virus, regardless of race or colour. I could understand those on or below the poverty line being hit harder also, because of the squalid conditions in which some are having to be housed, but again, regardless of race or colour. 

From what I have heard from a grave digging friend, she may be right with the numbers being disproportionate. Seems most of the graves his team have been digging lately are for Muslim funerals. There is apparently talk of digging mass graves now (10 to a grave) the numbers are getting so big the morgues cant cope.

They think it is down to a lot still going to the Mosques and not social distancing.

But to claim it is racism is just utter tripe

Edited by Newbie to this

I'm just curious here, what are peoples thoughts regarding this ??
More US propaganda to throw at the Chinese,  or credible information ?
(I have not researched any of the claimed information in this, and have a neutral  viewpoint, just genuinely interested in what other people make of it)

If its considered political and should be deleted, please do :-)

The first documentary movie on the origin of #CCPVirus, Tracking Down the Origin of the #WuhanCoronavirus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdd7dtDaYmM&fbclid=IwAR0u1hrC-sEBdZv8MAAWfwGYDPq_H7cAcNMep6Qx_jXkfIM2x_aHhNk9z_Y

An interesting set of stats from A number of academics  reported on BBC regarding the overlap between CV-19 and expected deaths. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

interesting is the statement that “Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, at the University of Cambridge, points out, and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same.” Also that the overlap between CV-19 deaths and those who would have died within a short space of time anyway could be as high as two thirds. 

5F4CEBFE-D61D-47FB-9EAF-C9ACFF352D09.png

8 minutes ago, AVB said:

An interesting set of stats from A number of academics  reported on BBC regarding the overlap between CV-19 and expected deaths. 

interesting is the statement that “Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, at the University of Cambridge, points out, and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same.” Also that the overlap between CV-19 deaths and those who would have died within a short space of time anyway could be as high as two thirds. 

We will only really know when looking back in a year or twos time. If that’s correct then the average death rate for the whole year should remain unchanged, just higher during covid and a lot lower after...

2 hours ago, AVB said:

Interesting. I figured that if you normalise life vs. risk of death in the UK then for every year you live, neglecting cumulative effects such as aging, then it's a 1.25% chance per year.

That's simply on the basis that average lifespan in UK is currently just under 81 years.