Tier 4

Mice!

Christ on a bike...what a load of bovine droppings.

2) The hospitals, across the country are at about 90% capacity - get ill with something other than Covid/need an emergency bed then you'll have to take your chances.  The 'release the restrictions idea is simply insane' - the NHS is at breaking point, the nurses and doctors are burnt out - they have seen 65,000+ people die in about 9 months

Utter tosh, we have massively over-reported COVID deaths in this country.

3) Perhaps a card system, like a donor-card "I don't support the Government's C-19 restrictions - if I get sick/have an accident then let me die, probably painfully".  Who in the non believer group is up for it??

Pretty much the same experience for those who do support the restrictions?  But yes, sign me up, I'm not sure I'd notice the difference.  <Insert cheap shot about star-of-David arm patches here>

7) The bit that absolutely staggers me is that many people seem to see the restrictions as a curtailment of their individual civil liberties by the government and not something they have to take personal responsibility for - we all do, every single person in the UK has a part to play. 

It is a shocking restriction on our civil liberties.  What staggers me is the number of intelligent people who seriously think that ever tighter restrictions will somehow contain an airborne virus.  It won't, it hasn't anywhere else in the world, and it won't work here.  As some wag put it, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

The lockdown was put in place to stop our embarrassing joke of a health system from being overwhelmed, NOT to save lives.  This was quite clearly communicated by government. 

When history gets around to recording the death toll from COVID, versus the death toll from missed cancer treatments, suicides, and the like, people may think differently.  Always assuming of course, some reliable data of actual COVID deaths is available, and not the sham reporting we currently have.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

No it isn’t, when people insist on spreading lies and disinformation which could ultimately lead to deaths if people continue to believe such nonsense then it should be called out. 

Anyone who believes Covid doesn’t exist is stupid. 

You really really need to think through the implications of what you’re suggesting. 

2 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Christ on a bike...what a load of bovine droppings.

Utter tosh, we have massively over-reported COVID deaths in this country.

Pretty much the same experience for those who do support the restrictions?  But yes, sign me up, I'm not sure I'd notice the difference.  <Insert cheap shot about star-of-David arm patches here>

It is a shocking restriction on our civil liberties.  What staggers me is the number of intelligent people who seriously think that ever tighter restrictions will somehow contain an airborne virus.  It won't, it hasn't anywhere else in the world, and it won't work here.  As some wag put it, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

The lockdown was put in place to stop our embarrassing joke of a health system from being overwhelmed, NOT to save lives.  This was quite clearly communicated by government. 

When history gets around to recording the death toll from COVID, versus the death toll from missed cancer treatments, suicides, and the like, people may think differently.  Always assuming of course, some reliable data of actual COVID deaths is available, and not the sham reporting we currently have.

Excellent post. 👍

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

honestly hope that if you have SGC or worse FAC it finds its way to the FEO how stupid you actually are and if so stupid to claim Covid doesn’t exist, what other facts do you not believe in which mean you shouldn’t be allowed scissors or sharp things

The other thing I believe in is the freedom of thought and speech, which obviously doesn’t exist in your world

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I still don’t know a single person in the UK who has died of COVID.

Neither do I and I'm grateful for that,  but friends know people that have died.

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

really don’t know what the history books are going to make of this but I don’t believe they will show our current PM in a good light.

I don't think it shows the country in a good light, we've had restrictions since March and people can't handle it, for many people it's been different and the pubs/shops aren't open and we can't do as we please.

If you've lost your job and are worrying about the bills then you have reason to be worried otherwise what is the issue?

14 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

No it isn’t, when people insist on spreading lies and disinformation which could ultimately lead to deaths if people continue to believe such nonsense then it should be called out. 

Anyone who believes Covid doesn’t exist is stupid. 

You've been selective in your response here. Call him what you like; it's your comment regarding his licence that you should edit. Now.

Here in wales he should have done a local lockdown only from word go. This allows people to at least do a little bit and keep sane. Keep all pubs and schools closed straight away that closes the worst spreaders. Restrict border crossing as much as you can and support any businesses that suffer. You maintain that for a long time. All this brakes right on and off just does not work 

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

This. +1.

I REPEAT....who do you suggest?   It's a poisoned chalise.  This virus is here to stay so we had better get used to it.  I was coming home a few minutes ago and saw two people mid 50s walking the pavement towards me and a family walking in the opposite direction. I could see what was going to happen. the guy walking towards me stepped straight out in the road to avoid the family directly into my path and fortunately for him my traing of over 50yrs ago saved his life or at least a good mauling by my Land Rover. I see it every day , people walking around petrified.   

It is not going away get used to it. 

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I REPEAT....who do you suggest?   It's a poisoned chalise.  This virus is here to stay so we had better get used to it.  I was coming home a few minutes ago and saw two people mid 50s walking the pavement towards me and a family walking in the opposite direction. I could see what was going to happen. the guy walking towards me stepped straight out in the road to avoid the family directly into my path and fortunately for him my traing of over 50yrs ago saved his life or at least a good mauling by my Land Rover. I see it every day , people walking around petrified.   

Fear has bred further fear....

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Neither do I and I'm grateful for that,  but friends know people that have died.

I don't think it shows the country in a good light, we've had restrictions since March and people can't handle it, for many people it's been different and the pubs/shops aren't open and we can't do as we please.

If you've lost your job and are worrying about the bills then you have reason to be worried otherwise what is the issue?

Civil liberties.

Freedom of assembly.

Freedom of speech.

Freedom to worship if that's your thing.

Freedom to conduct your life as free from government interference as possible.

And, most egregious of all: unenforceable, bad laws (completely haram in my religion).

People on here recently were commending the police for taking a hard line on whether or not scotch eggs constituted a substantial meal.  We have lost our minds if we're even discussing if that is what a police force should be doing in a civilised society.

7 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Civil liberties.

Freedom of assembly.

Freedom of speech.

Freedom to worship if that's your thing.

Freedom to conduct your life as free from government interference as possible.

And, most egregious of all: unenforceable, bad laws (completely haram in my religion).

But none of that is really life threatening,  we are all sat at home with food in the cupboards and the heating on watching it rain, it's not really any sort of hardship is it, just inconvenient. 

37 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

This is a real issue,  the missed cancer treatments alone is going to have a massive impact on many peoples lives.

Yes - Boris, half the Conservative party and all other governments around the world are clearly bored enough to make up the story about covid just so they can put everyone into bankruptcy and ruin the business's that they get their money from.

EDIT: And make sure they don't get re-elected.

Well its summit to do innit bro?

Edited by Dave-G

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

But none of that is really life threatening,  we are all sat at home with food in the cupboards and the heating on watching it rain, it's not really any sort of hardship is it, just inconvenient. 

I dont even know where to begin with that.

Let's just start with: So if this virus is so dangerous, it's ok for those who keep supermarkets supplied (a vast, vast logistical nightmare) to go out to work, and for tradespeople to come into your house to keep the heating on, but it's not ok play tennis/go to church/have your poor dying relatives over for a Christmas feed?

I accuse you, sir, of being amongst the comfortable well off who can stay at home without hardship.

Many can't. 

All I know is, I'm seriously looking at moving to a country where people actually value freedom, and not sit at home and the government will tell us what to do.

1 hour ago, bavarianbrit said:

I do not agree with the deniers but will support their right to do everything possible to catch this non existent virus, Darwinism at its most simple at work.

Yep no such thing just another conspiracy theory along the lines of we have never been to the moon. thats not the Titanic lying at the bottom of the Atlantic. Dogs really do like cats. James Cordon is funny, and there defiantly was an episode of EastEnders where "Don't worry I'll sort it" was not said by a single cast member.

5 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

accuse you, sir, of being amongst the comfortable well off who can stay at home without hardship.

You can accuse all you like, I missed two weeks un paid while covid measures were put in place, had a week off in August and haven't missed a day in work otherwise,  went from contract to perm to safe guard my job , costing me probably a third of my annual salary. 

A big difference is I live within my means,  many don't. 

14 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

So if this virus is so dangerous, it's ok for those who keep supermarkets supplied (a vast, vast logistical nightmare) to go out to work, and for tradespeople to come into your house to keep the heating on, but it's not ok play tennis/go to church/have your poor dying relatives over for a Christmas feed?

We all need to eat, we don't need to play tennis go to church and tradespeople would only need to fix the heating if it broke?

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Boris set his stall out early, “follow the guidelines and we’ll get through it but everyone will be directly affected by loss of a loved one due to the virus”.

In other words he dissolved all blame onto the public. People pointing the finger of blame at others is exactly what the government wanted as it deflects any notion of blame away from them. Put fear into a large demographic of the population and job done. 

It is a truly horrible disease but the stark reality is that about 1 in a 1000 confirmed cases results in death in the UK. So it’s a lottery so to speak. About three times more deadly than seasonal flu.

The response by government appears completely disproportionate in my humble opinion.

Are you actually serious about “what is the issue”?

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

We all need to eat, we don't need to play tennis go to church and tradespeople would only need to fix the heating if it broke?

That's your definition what we need to do.  Do you honestly not care for the freedoms we have lost?

The tennis example, incidentally, comes from the restrictions about 3 weeks ago, where you could sleep with your wife but not play tennis with her.

We have lost our basic freedoms in this country.  And the more I see of people's willingness to roll over and suggest, that it is strictly temporary and for the 'greater good',  the more I fear we shall never get them back.  

As for your personal circumstances, it would be undignified of me to probe further, but the brief insight you have given suggests to me that despite your sacrifices you are still in the comfortable well off category.  Perhaps we'd better leave that point there in order not to derail the thread, and respectfully agree to differ.

12 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

That's your definition what we need to do.  Do you honestly not care for the freedoms we have lost?

I along with many others believe that our freedoms have been put on hold for the benefit of everyone,  I'd like to have played rugby this year as it's a big part of my social life,  light hearted game of older guys who still reminisce about our youth then enjoy a few beers afterwards,  we last played in March and had 20-30 games scheduled for this year.

I'd like to have seen more of friends and family but I'm grateful that they have done the same as us, and hopefully next year we can enjoy each others company once again. 

1 minute ago, Smokersmith said:

Do you think these 2 are linked?

Only in as much as the latter is an occasional by-product of the former, and even then in limited circumstances.

If it were truly about saving lives, we would be treating cancer patients and doing all the other things a functioning health services does.

9 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

If it were truly about saving lives, we would be treating cancer patients and doing all the other things a functioning health services does.

I'm not so sure about that - in fact I think the doctors and nurses (rather than the NHS) like to create work for themselves.

For example: Several years ago my wee flow slowed down a lot. Doctor thought it was enlarged prostate - everyone else who needs to know thought it was that too.

But no, I had to have an appointment for three months time to see a consultant: Except it was to get weighed, get height checked, get blood pressure checked, drink water for two hours till I was totally full of it, go in a room with a bucket to wee till I was completely empty, have a bladder scan to see if I was actually empty, see the consultant... to get told I have an enlarged prostate. :oops:

As I see it, if masks worked the virus wouldn’t have got any further than China. 
The advice at the onset was that masks are of little use in preventing the spread, now you can’t even go to the loo in a restaurant without one. 
The icing on the cake has to be that this mutation in the south is extremely good at being passed on that ministers gave all southerners ‘til midnight to get outa Tombstone, so basically that’s what many did! 😂

They then call those people doing so ‘grossly irresponsible’! Is it me? 😀

Edited by Scully
Grammar

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

:good:

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

And neither is this virus to almost all who get it, in fact it is that life threatening, that many don't even know they have/had it.

Granted it is very life threatening to some, but then so is seasonal influenza.

We just need to learn to live with it, because the measures put in place will not stop this virus, it is here to stay.

Edited by Newbie to this

20 hours ago, Scully said:

I have to agree with this. 
They’re saying people can’t go to see their families for more than one day, within their own country, but only ‘advising against’ international travel! Eh? 
I can’t see many complying personally. 

Don’t worry about international travel many countries have now told the UK to **** off your banned 😂

Edited by blackbird