Wild Justice

Bigteddy1954

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

This is the long and short of it . I reckon they'll keep pushing until they win as well.

10 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

They just want rid of shooting; point blank

25 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Would love to say nope, but then who knows anymore. If they keep hitting the same spot at one point the wall will crumble. They(wild justice)  genuinely don't seem have a clue though. They go on about being for the wildlife but most of their challenges are detrimental to wild life . 

Perm one out of the three.

If their intention is to "protect" wildlife, then we have some time left.

However, if their intention is to stop all shooting, then it could be a bit iffy. For this, they don't seem to have a clue though, so hopefully they'll keep hammering at the same place. At the moment, they've crossed the moat and are attacking the portcullis which is holding up well. So again we have some time whatever is their intention.

This could all change if they wised up and instead of knocking 7 bells out of the front door, they had a look around the back to find that one wide open.

Hello, not according to Wikipedia definition of livestock, Packhams a thorn in the side of our Countryside way of life yet we all know shooting and conservation go hand in hand, 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Unfortunately with what happened the other week when the underkeeper was seen to be throwing dead birds away they will eventually win ☹️

Have to agree, why did they not give them to a game dealer /Butcher 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

don’t believe the hype if antis were the fools people make out they would not be here shooting for pest control is necessary and they know it one go all go is the biggest lie ever told 

But you don’t shoot for pest control, you shoot for sport, just like the rest of us, and the antis know this. 
You’ve already admitted in a previous thread,  that when you’ve shot enough to fulfil your needs you pack up and go home. That isn’t pest control.
You shoot pigeons for sport, the land on which you shoot them isn’t even your land. 
You’re in no position to criticise anyone, no matter what type of shooting they do. 

If game shooting goes, most others will follow. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

But you don’t shoot for pest control, you shoot for sport, just like the rest of us, and the antis know this. 
You’ve already admitted in a previous thread,  that when you’ve shot enough to fulfil your needs you pack up and go home. That isn’t pest control.
You shoot pigeons for sport, the land on which you shoot them isn’t even your land. 
You’re in no position to criticise anyone, no matter what type of shooting they do. 

If game shooting goes, most others will follow. 

if the birds need to be shot rest assured they are shot maybe by friends but shot they are i can and will criticise those who cause 99% of the bad pr shooting gets put your house in order you might survive 

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

if the birds need to be shot rest assured they are shot maybe by friends but shot they are i can and will criticise those who cause 99% of the bad pr shooting gets put your house in order you might survive 

There you go then; you’re shooting on land which isn’t yours to ‘protect’ crops which aren’t yours. For sport. 
Game shooters shoot for the same purpose, for sport.
Yes, there is a very small element which make us all look bad, and threaten to spoil it for everyone, and I too will criticise if needs be, but you just don’t like game shooting and game shooters in general, and just like the antis try to tar us all with the same brush.
Game shooting contributes I would think, the vast majority of money which makes up the wealth of the shooting industry; there are people whose livelihoods depend on it, small village pubs which thrive in the shooting season and the money visitors spend in them. There are small independent hotels which depend on the shooting seasons, hoards of beaters going out for the love of the sport ( let’s face it, it isn’t for the money ) both old and young, the latter getting a toe in the door of what hopefully will instil a love of the sport and the outdoors in general, and all you can do is moan moan moan. We spent nigh on two thousand pounds in the village pub after beaters day. 
I get sick and tired of your hypocritical ( and it has to be said )  oft times incomprehensible rants, especially when you’re involved in shooting birds for fun, just like the rest of us. 

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

There you go then; you’re shooting on land which isn’t yours to ‘protect’ crops which aren’t yours. For sport. 
Yes, there is a very small element which make us all look bad, and threaten to spoil it for everyone, and I too will criticise if needs be, but you just don’t like game shooting and game shooters in general, and just like the antis try to tar us all with the same brush.
Game shooting contributes I would think, the vast majority of money which makes up the wealth of the shooting industry; there are people whose livelihoods depend on it, small village pubs which thrive in the shooting season and the money visitors spend in them. There are small independent hotels which depend on the shooting seasons, hoards of beaters going out for the love of the sport ( let’s face it, it isn’t for the money ) both old and young, the latter getting a toe in the door of what hopefully will instil a love of the sport and the outdoors in general, and all you can do is moan moan moan. We spent nigh on two thousand pounds in the village pub after beaters day. 
I get sick and tired of your hypocritical ( and it has to be said )  oft times incomprehensible rants, especially when you’re involved in shooting birds for fun, just like the rest of us. 

Have to agree with you here Scully, the amount of money it generates and the livelyhoods of many it contributes towards would be an absolute nightmare if anything is to happen in the future.  We can all get on our soap box and rant and rave about the bad and ugly, but we All shoot for sport, even crop protection is sport, you're testing yourself against the pigeon the rook the carrian..  just happens at this time you are carrying out a service to the land owner.  

I can't stand it if a beater or picker hold a bird by one leg and it's other and both wings flop all over the place. And I will call them out on a day for doing it. Respect for the quarry is high on my list, also a photo by an anti of some one dangling a dead bird by one leg will always get the media in a frenzy 

8 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Have to agree with you here Scully, the amount of money it generates and the livelyhoods of many it contributes towards would be an absolute nightmare if anything is to happen in the future.  We can all get on our soap box and rant and rave about the bad and ugly, but we All shoot for sport, even crop protection is sport, you're testing yourself against the pigeon the rook the carrian..  just happens at this time you are carrying out a service to the land owner.  

I can't stand it if a beater or picker hold a bird by one leg and it's other and both wings flop all over the place. And I will call them out on a day for doing it. Respect for the quarry is high on my list, also a photo by an anti of some one dangling a dead bird by one leg will always get the media in a frenzy 

Precisely. The above along with Rimfire's post coupled up with those photo's of bags which do not match up to Pigeon Controller's standard or the superb recent example from Maxwell are all examples of our previously mentioned wide open back door.

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I can see another Packham claim coming soon on the Otter population in Wales seems to be an all time low, will he blame illegal shooting ?? 

There's plenty of English one they can have!!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Well said.

As usual.

51 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Who know with the pm and his wife and the rumours surrounding her being at all the work meetings ! I suspect they have more chance than we give em credit for !

Grab From her wiki page ! Like borris even less now !

Agriv8

59F695DA-FD9E-49F7-B8B3-776602B473A2.png

A dangerous individual, is Princess Nut Nut.

7 hours ago, Bigteddy1954 said:

Hi folks I see wide justice and Packham are about to challenge Defra over the classification of of pheasant and partridges as livestock. To try and provent the shooting of the birds added to protect them. Do you think they have any chance of winning ? .cheers teddy

It depends on what Carrie and her mates tell Johnson to classify them as...

With regard to the pigeon shooting side of things it seems to me that pigeons could do with being reclassified.

Some people seem to be able to shoot MASSIVE bags of pigeons on a weekly or even daily basis, it still doesn't seem to put much of a dent in the overall population, surely that proves the point that they could be treated in much the same way as the deer populations in areas where if they were not culled to an extent the problems they cause would get out of control.

Regarding putting down of pheasants or even their other claim of the pheasant and red legged partridge being a non native species. Ask anyone to name a countryside bird in the UK, see how many people would day pheasant, that should paint a picture of how they really are a native species... just depends how far in history you want to go back.

Look what they are doing with that Bison herd they are "reintroducing". That type of Bison was never native to these shores, so what is their problem with the red legged partridge?

Their biggest problem is they are all soft in the head to the harsh reality of killing animals for eating. Look at any tribal civilisation on earth, they take great pride in how they take their animals and sure as excrement stinks they will celebrate their kills

Sadly wj will eventually win because those that give them money are often stupid, they have little/no understanding of how the countryside works and claim to love all animals, for them the notion of raising birds to shoot is abhorrent [but still eat their factory farmed KFC and feed their cats on duck a la orange out of little plastic tubs. If not glueing their faces to the road or insisting we cover the country in trees then donating a small sum to those nice people at wj that claim to be saving the planet is the easy option

The pheasant is not a native species so the case for defining it as livestock must be strong. Although, from a personal point of view, if they are not being eaten (and a lot aren't i'm informed)  I personally don't agree with them being shot for fun.

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

The pheasant is not a native species so the case for defining it as livestock must be strong. Although, from a personal point of view, if they are not being eaten (and a lot aren't i'm informed)  I personally don't agree with them being shot for fun.

Personally I can’t see what other reason game ( or any other quarry in fact ) is shot for, other than for fun or enjoyment; I just don’t get that remark at all. 
I agree game should be eaten, and of the shoots I’m involved with where the numbers are significant, the proceeds are put in a chiller and a game dealer collects them. What happens to them after that I have no idea, but they are collected. 
Unless you’re a gamekeeper or professional pest controller, why does anyone shoot anything if not for entertainment? 
The smiles on the faces after each drive, of those guns who pay to shoot locally, are huge!
At the end of one particularly impressive drive as I dropped down the hill to collect a guns cartridges, turned to me and said. ‘That was absolutely ******* awesome!’ which surprised me somewhat admittedly, as he wasn’t a young bloke, but it’s typical of the kind of comment we often hear. 
Why would anyone do it if they didn’t enjoy it? 
I shot a left and right on beaters day, on that same drive, and was ecstatic. A mate on the next peg folded up dead in the air a partridge which was travelling like an Exocet, and it made his day! 
We often share a hide and are equally thrilled when we pull off impressive shots. Why wouldn’t we? That’s what we’re hoping for? Aren’t you? 

Fight the enemy using his own weapons! If, as they do, WJ say that pheasants aren't "native" the as other say they must be livestock. No different in law from free range chickens. Or "park deer". And with that there is by extension no need for close seasons and all of that. As a man or woman can do pretty much what he or she wants with his or her livestock...including asking his or her friends to kill them or pay to kill them.

Edited by enfieldspares

Wild Justice are taking action re GL42, pheasant and redleg partridge ,livestock then released as wild birds then caught as livestock. They class them as non native birds, the same as non native birds on the GL . They are against killing birds to protect wild pheasant and redleg partridges. I’ve no interest in why people go on pheasant shoots . If other members don’t agree with it it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have a shot gun certificate. Wild Justice are good with the timing to challenge the GL a gamekeeper/ farm labourer was, a week ago, sentenced for killing two buzzards having two dead (shot) stock doves for bate in a cage trap and fire arms and shotgun offences . Because of his age sixty three he was given a suspended sentence, “fear of going to prison at the age of sixty three would surely deter him from crime in the future,” he was filmed killing a buzzard in a cage trap, and again the next day. I watched the film and I thought he would be prosecuted under the animal welfare law. A couple of months in prison would deter him from crime when he told everyone he beat a couple of birds of prey to death. It would also deter anyone else from doing it. I think this and other acts like this will be used in court. I don’t think wild justice will ever be short of support or money. The supporters will always think it’s money well spent even when they will lose a court case because they stick together in what they believe in. Just like shooting folks.