Cartridges - local or online ……… discuss………

I was running short of vermin cartridges so thought I would check out the free delivery offer that Just Cartridges has on at the moment, went to load up Eley Select 28g fibre 7.5s at £269 delivered x 1000

Checked my local shop 2 miles up the road 500 x Eley Select 28g fibre 7.5s plus 500 x Eley Pigeon Select 30g fibre 6 (so 1000 in total) at £253.50.

If I had gone for 1k of the clay load it was £232 against £269 from Just Cartridges.

Is my experience any different to the rest of you?

I get the impression local shops are reducing the price of the sweets to get you in the door to buy other stuff and god bless them for doing so, the profit must be minimal 🥺

Edited by Goldfish

1 hour ago, samboy said:

A while back i put on here that my local rfd was charging £150 for a jacket that i got online for £90 so i bought it online.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation really. Whilst it's hard for the gunshops isn't it hard for us too.

A jacket is one thing, but I’m still reluctant to support JC’s online model, if it means paying a big premium. I find it quite a pleasant experience to visit a favourite gun shop, and return home stocked up with my favourite cart’s….. and a few goodies I don’t need but like…..?! 

£232 for 1000 Eley Selects is a very good deal. Cheapest my local had in stock today were Fiocchi TT1s at £236 a thousand. Eley Selects would have been around the £260 mark.

I will religiously shop at the cheapest shop, be it online or in store, for cartridges as they are a consumable and probably the biggest ongoing cost to shooting.

I'm of the thought that cartridges should be the gunshop version of a pint of Milk. Cheap enough to keep me coming through the door. One day I may just walk out with a new slip, jumper, skeet vest, cleaning supplies or gun along with my cartridges.

15 minutes ago, Diver One said:

For me and my mate it's local always.

we need them, they need us

this is a pic of a recent excursion to Malmo, Volvo XC90 with all seats folded down

IMG_4821.JPG.54af58e6c1a876352c746e41d2de2ed5.JPG

That’s my kind of shopping trip. 
But had you put the Dewalt box in the back and carefully stacked each slab, then you could have got a few thou more in 🤣

Guessing six thou?

8 hours ago, Jaymo said:

That’s my kind of shopping trip. 
But had you put the Dewalt box in the back and carefully stacked each slab, then you could have got a few thou more in 🤣

Guessing six thou?

Had to have a few tools in as I had a job to do on the way 😂

6 thou?

6 THOU! Not close

10k cheddite 12g 28 7s fibre

500 16g

250 410

500 bio steel ( not mine )

250 32 4s steel ( not mine )

1 pair of socks NOT MINE 😂😂😂

250 summat else steel (RC) ( not mine)

20 magnum 1s steel ( not mine )

so 11, 770 😉

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

6 thou?

6 THOU! Not close

500 16g

250 410

so 11, 770 😉

Like I said, careful packing and you could have got more in 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

6 thou?

6 THOU! Not close

500 16g

250 410

so 11, 770 😉

So the guess Mrs Sky Gipsy and I had yesterday afternoon when Bryan brought them round on the forklift of 10K was not too far off then.

We were parked behind you😀

15 hours ago, Diver One said:

For me and my mate it's local always.

we need them, they need us

this is a pic of a recent excursion to Malmo, Volvo XC90 with all seats folded down

IMG_4821.JPG.54af58e6c1a876352c746e41d2de2ed5.JPG

A bootfull! What load are the cheddite universal steel?

My local gunshop is still cheaper for Comp X even without the free carriage from JC

Popped into my local for cartridges a while ago. It was quiet, so had a play with some of the more interesting stock, an interesting lecture on bar-in-wood guns, picked up a can on Browning Leggera (sp?) cleaning oil half price because the top was missing and got my cartridges cheaper than at most places. You don't get that online.

7 hours ago, sky gipsy said:

So the guess Mrs Sky Gipsy and I had yesterday afternoon when Bryan brought them round on the forklift of 10K was not too far off then.

We were parked behind you😀

Aha!   Wrong car!, seriously! It is was about 2:30 Friday

we went around the back to the 'little visited ' store for the Cheddites. Then sack truck at the front for the odds and ****😂😂😂😂

We didn't get the benefit of the forklift,  however we did get a good deal